Quick Question Thread!!

rikaa's Avatar rikaa1/20/20 3:17 pm history
2 emeralds 162 5
1/21/2020 10:01 pm
nikkiyo's Avatar nikkiyo
Hello!! 1/20/20

So, I recently joined PMC to boost my skin creation skills, as well as possible building skills as well. As said before, I am new here, so I did have a few questions; or more like a poll on some of the factors that could help me and possible others improve that want the advice as well!

QUESTIONS - SKINS
What's a pet peeve you have when it comes to skins?
What fandom/ideas do you enjoy in skins, but often never see?
What helped you, or another you know improve?
What do you avoid while creating skins?

QUESTIONS - BUILDING
What do you think helped you improve the most?
What type of builds should newer builders start off by creating?
What should beginners avoid doing?

[​Feel free to leave any other tips as well! Also; sorry if this is in the wrong location]
rikaa
Level 32 : Artisan Strawberry

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/21/2020 10:01 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Network
nikkiyo
r i k a
01/21/2020 2:29 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
QUESTIONS - BUILDING
1. What do you think helped you improve the most?

– Being part of a community that wanted me to succeed, as well as taking inspiration from other builders.
I've met quite a few builders, and new builders seem to shy away from actually copying tiny parts of other peoples creations. The thing is just: You're not stealing the Entire thing, or an entire house. You're simply taking inspiration by copying a small pattern, or copying their way to build. In learning how they do it, and combining all the different techniques which you've got to see over the years, you'll eventually start combining them to create your own style.

2. What type of builds should newer builders start off by creating?
– Never ever start big. Start small by building houses, and when that gets boring, then try and do wall patterns, as well as learn W/E. Best way for this would deftly be to join a community with people that want you to succeed :)

3. What should beginners avoid doing?
– Nothing. Learn from your mistakes really. In building, you can't really do anything wrong, the only "wrong". You can make buildings which you don't like. Patterns that you don't like and so on. If you made something bad, just remember not to do it :)
The only thing I would say is wrong for new builders, is to join a server to help them build. Usually the owners won't be very nice to the builders (Especially new ones), and the pressure of having someone Constantly breathing down your neck, watching your every move... It sucks, even as an experienced builder. And as a sidenote: Most new server owners, or "Big Hub Warzone Minigame Faction Towny S..." etc. owners, are worse builders than you are. They expect others to do the work, which they should be doing themselves.

Extra note:
– Watch a few inspiration videos on YouTube, or watch Timelapse videos to get a look at how other builders do it. Other than that, there is a lot of great guides in the Blog>Tutorials section of PMC.
01/20/2020 3:33 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
01/20/2020 3:42 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster uwu
Eclipse
What do you mean? I can see everything perfectly!
01/20/2020 3:43 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Strawberry
rikaa
ah yes, this is better!
01/20/2020 3:52 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster uwu
Eclipse
Are you sure?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com