The Cyprezz interview: what would YOU like to ask?

ShelLuser's Avatar ShelLuser10/15/18 7:41 am
15 emeralds 1.2k 20
11/16/2018 10:40 am
Antiquez's Avatar Antiquez
Hi gang!

So yeah, I "did" something ;)

A little more than a week ago (time of writing) I dumped a mini-vent onto my wall about how much I enjoy Planet Minecraft. However... only shared with my followers so far I also did something else: I figured I'd PM Cyprezz (in case you don't know the name: he's the owner & main developer of Planet Minecraft) and asked him if he'd be interested in an interview. Because I honestly think this could be fun for both him and us (= the community).

Two of my followers came up with some nice questions already, so these are obviously "taken":

Peridot: "How hard is it to manage a site like PMC?"
Oyo321: "Why he started Building pmc? What was exactly the event when he decided to make something like pmc?"

In the mean time I got confirmation that Cyprezz wouldn't mind answering a few questions but... he is busy with all sorts of things so his time is limited. Therefor my idea is simple: we're going to collect a series of questions, I'll sent that his way and then we'll see what happens next.

Of course I have a few questions in mind as well, but the idea is also to make this a community "event" (not really an event, but you get my drift I hope). So now it's your turn ;)

Do you have any questions which you'd like to ask Cyprezz / PMC but were too afraid to ask? ;) Now is your chance!

Just reply to this thread, I'll collect the good ones (I do reserve the right not to include everything, but we'll see how it goes) and I'll let you know about the results. You have roughly 2 - 3 weeks (the poll should be a good indicator).

Poll ended 10/29/2018 7:41 am.

ShelLuser
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/15/2018 1:06 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
In all those years of keeping a close eye on PMC, which members surprised him the most / were (or are) most memorable to him, and why? I'm mostly curious about those from the past that new members today may not remember. ^_^
10/15/2018 8:07 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Ladybug
Chiaroscuro
How does he navigate the almost cult-like status that he has among the users here? Is it difficult balancing interacting a lot with other users with being selective so as not to overuse the Cyprezz name, or is that even a concern?
10/15/2018 12:21 pm
Level 24 : Expert Procrastinator
faust1973
as the owner of PMC, what's the strangest thing someone has ever said to him?
10/15/2018 8:04 am
Level 42 : Master uwu
Woodstockk
What are his thoughts on other minecraft community websites (ie. Minecraftforum.net)? Is PMC on bad terms with any other similar sites?
10/24/2018 8:02 am
Level 49 : Master Enderdragon
The FaiyaBLAST
Cyprezz, what's the greatest thing you've seen on PMC, in all of its existence?
10/16/2018 11:33 am
Level 1 : New Miner
timtom1
Cyprezz, what will happen to pmc if something would happen to you? Will it just disappear?
10/16/2018 8:05 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Narwhal
Spygron
I use PMC for a LOT. those first three, but i just went with sharing minecraft things
10/15/2018 12:10 pmhistory
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
TobyTapper
What programming languages and ide's did you use do make pmc? Was it hard? If you could start over, what would you change to make building pmc it easier?
10/23/2018 2:45 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Fish
Carcharodontosaurus
Ask him: "Aight Cyprezz, so let's get down to business. What do you think of those people on pmc, who post about the financial situation on the dingo-pelt marker?"
10/23/2018 1:37 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Architect
Ryer
Hey Cyp, hows it going.
10/23/2018 12:40 pm
Level 40 : Master Droid
Scott
Ever considered moving away from PHP?
10/17/2018 11:52 am
Level 47 : Master Princess
kodayne
Have you ever considered making a second website at all?
10/15/2018 12:20 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
What about a resource pack editor?
11/16/2018 10:40 amhistory
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
Who has been the most helpful to you of all members? What was PMC like in the past?
11/15/2018 1:32 pmhistory
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
TobyTapper
Not to be pushy or rude here but, any idea when cyprezz will be done with the questions?
NOTE: this is NOT a question for him to answer in the interview. :)
10/23/2018 10:56 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
Acier
In the day and age where everything is being ported to mobile, and toddlers are given cellular devices, why has PMC still held out on making an app
10/23/2018 6:52 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
tokyo-
Cyprezz, who inspired you to make PMC?
Cyprezz, how special is PMC to you?
10/23/2018 5:22 pmhistory
Level 87 : Elite Deity
Captain_JEK
What are you doing now? Do you have a job to make your living and PMC is something like a hobby or is PMC your "work"? Or something completely different?
I just find it hard to imagine what someone is doing as owner and lead developer. I mean, you somehow still have to earn money to buy groceries, right? (maybe not? xD)
10/23/2018 5:05 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
With the Bedrock edition now containing more than 80% of the Minecraft playerbase (source: Aubrey Norris), what steps will be taken to incorporate sitewide support for this new main version of the game?
10/23/2018 4:10 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Caveman
Ultramike7
How is pmc's traffic doing in 2018 compared to the prime of minecraft? Has it dropped considerably like I assume?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome