Threads Getting Locked for Apparently No Reason

_Shako's Avatar _Shako5/31/14 9:58 am
5/31/2014 10:35 am
Palaeos's Avatar Palaeos
I have been seeing some threads getting locked without explanation, when it seemed like a perfectly valid thread.

For example, what's wrong with this thread that was locked?
why-the-world-are-factions-servers-popular-t401907-12.html
_Shako
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/31/2014 10:35 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
Please do not make threads to complain of moderator practices, if you see fault in something we are doing please contact us privately and we will try to correct it. I personally don't see any reason for that thread to have been locked, the only thing I can think of would be someone posted something off topic or flamey which needed to be deleted and as a result the thread was locked, but I cannot confirm if this is the case. As I don't see anything wrong with it I've unlocked that thread.

In any case we do not have to publicly explain or justify anything we do, when we do post as to why something was moved or locked its to avoid confusion or people repeating a mistake but we simply do not have time to hold everyone's hand through our every moderation, it should not take us 30+ minutes to do a report and in some cases it ends up taking that long either due to having to hunt down proof for a report or find out both sides of it, and even then we spend the next couple weeks dealing with who ever gets a ban out of it via PM because they chose to not read the rules.
05/31/2014 10:19 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lava Rider
eagoy
Personally I think the op of the post locked it himself although I don't know how it is possible.

So far I know when a mod locks a thread, a post with reason and "/lock" is placed.
So I doubt a mod locked those threads as they have to give a reason I taught.
05/31/2014 10:26 am
Level 23 : Expert Modder
variXian
Only mods can lock threads. Mods never HAVE to give reasons to lock threads, but they usually do.

The factions thread was not the first thread ive seen get locked without a reason presented.
05/31/2014 10:16 am
Level 23 : Expert Modder
variXian
Watch this thread get locked.
05/31/2014 10:08 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Hunter
Ciberg
Make a new one, since they didn't give any explanation to why they locked it, like they usually do.. They move posts all the time so it's not that.
05/31/2014 10:01 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
u_suck
Um, why was the faction server thread locked?
05/31/2014 10:03 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect
_Shako
That's what I was wondering.
05/31/2014 10:00 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
YoshiFilms
Ive seen Mods locking posts that are in the wrong section. They could just move the post.
05/31/2014 10:04 am
Level 1 : New Miner
[SH]electronicboy
Probably because moving posts takes time, I admin on a forum for a company over in sweden and it's not exactly a quick *click + click* process
05/31/2014 10:08 am
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
NetworkPCE
If they don't have the time to be staff, they shouldn't be. They are supposed to move it, and spend the time doing it. It's their job, and they should do their job.

But honestly 99% of the time they do it correct, but some mods do it a little wrong. (Not gonna mention any names).
05/31/2014 10:10 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
YoshiFilms
Exactly. Im not naming either.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome