FINISHED! – Castle Builder Contest – A 300 Subscribers Special!

Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs11/31/20 1:06 pm history
38 emeralds 4.3k 172
3/19/2020 3:09 pm
Kwanatla's Avatar Kwanatla

Get your shovels! Get your swords! It’s time to build a castle! Where will your castle be safe? On the ground? Under water? Maybe a castle in the sky, or even higher? Wherever you think the best place for a castle is, that is where you should create your very own.

Final Results!
As promised, despite the delay, the results for the contest are in!
Thank you to everyone who participated in this contest! The top three entry creators will be asked to send me their Steam name via PMC Private messages, and I'll be sending you a friends request (From my profile: Bread). Due to the terms of service with Steam: There is a 3 day period where it is required that we are friends on Steam, before I can send giftcards to you. So please avoid getting mad that your price will not be there the exact moment you send a request :)

If you want to know which place you were in, then head on over to the Entry Collection! All builds have been put in order of which place they were in. Thanks to the judging team DinowCookie VoxelBlox & SarcasmSelfTestComplete for helping out :)

Results, Prices, and Badges!

First Place!
CaraRose
Frozen Hope Kingdom!

Cara, you've won first place, and with good reason! You first had to fight with your original build getting deleted, which must have sucked really badly considering you spend so much time on it, but! You won because of your attention to detail, presenting your creation in an awesome way (Loved the short story that you made), as well as the creativity. I know some people might say: "This is not a castle!", well, it ain't a traditional castle, and that's one of the things we judges adored about this :)

So thank you for taking part in the contest, I really hope that you'll keep at building and making awesome creations such as this one!
Here is your badge:

Second Place!
Sky0Wings
Thyrm!

Sky, from the moment you entered, I knew that you would dish up something with a well thought out idea behind it, and you did not disappoint in any way! It might be from the time on GreenLeaf, but you've gotten a lot better since then if I had to compare your castle entry, to some of the builds from GreenLeaf. So please, from me, the GreenLeaf community, as well as the PMC community: Thank you, for inspiring us.

And thank you for taking part in this contest. I really hope to see more from you in the future, and that you'll keep at it with your building!
Here is your Badge:

Third Place!
Wet
Castle!

It wasn't in the price-pool for third place, but Wet, your skill should not be undermined by anyone or anything. You most likely already know this, but you inspire a huge part of the PMC community with your creations and renders, and if the amount of diamonds which your castle got isn't enough proof, then I wanted to make sure that you knew. I really hope that, despite only getting 3. place, you'll attend more contests in the future, because you have a serious fighting chance!

So thank you for taking part in this contest. I am quite flattered that you attended it, and I hope that you continue on inspiring others with your creations, and that you'll have an amazing day!

Here is your badge:

Thanks again to everyone who took part in this contest. It was an awesome way to celebrate hitting 300 subscribers, and with this huge support from the community, I'll continue to reach for getting even better, and create more contest for you all to take part in! Thank you!

Badge of particapation:

Prizes:

First place: Special Badge + 1 week as the “Build of the Week” + Shout-out on TomConn’s wallpost + 30 EUR Steam Giftcard + Personal thank you message
Second place: Special badge + Shout-out on TomConn’s wallpost + 15 EUR Steam Giftcard + Personal thank you message
Third place: Special badge + Shout-out on TomConn’s wallpost + 5 EUR Steam Giftcard
Participating: Badge + Collective shout-out on TomConn’s wallpost

How to participate:

– Your task is to build a castle in a place where you think it would be safest. This could be under water, in space, or maybe just high above the clouds. It’s up to you.
– There are no starter maps, and custom terrain will also be judged if it is included.
– When you’re finished: Take a few screenshots, or make a render. Upload the project with a world or .schem / .schematic file.
– Leave a comment with a link to the project on this thread, so that we know you’re taking part in the contest.

Time table:

– The contest starts on January 31.
– The contest ends on March 1, at 23:59 UTC+01:00
– Submissions submitted after this time period will not be included in the final judging process.

Rules
– Your build must be 100% original, and not be an old creation.
– You can build with others, so gather up your friends and make an awesome castle!
– Upload the build to your own PMC account. Uploading it to a second one (If you’re part of a team) will get confusing.
– You can use any resource-pack that you’d like (We’d recommend Conquest), just remember to include a link to which resource-pack you used.
– Remember! Presentation is important, so take a lot of screenshots and write a good story or description to go along with your build. It increases your chances of winning.
– Builds must be created in Vanilla Minecraft. It doesn’t have to be the newest version, but if it needs a specific version, then please include it in the description.
– Only one build is allowed per participant.

Who are the judges?
TomConn & VoxelBlox & SarcasmSelfTestComplete & DinowCookie

How will your entry be judged?
Your entry will be judged on the following aspects, on a 1-100 scale.

– Concept & Originality: Fresh, new ideas and crazy concepts! Try to do something new, differentiate yourself from the status quo and show us what you're made of.
– Technique & Execution: Colour, shape, texture - be sure your build flows together and represents what you are trying to accomplish.
– Presentation & Experience: Presentation of a build can really help to make an impression. Be sure you've got good screenshots, spend some time on the post!

All points, from each of the three categories, will be counted together when the contest ends, and whoever gets the highest amounts of points, will be the winner.

Need inspiration?
I've made a folder on Pinterest with lots of amazing castles that can help you get ideas :)
https://pin.it/fknco55gfj5jg6

You can also check out the 300 Subcribers Special - Mega Bundle!
Stubbs1
Retired Moderator
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/19/2020 3:09 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Archer
Kwanatla
I absolutely loved this contest and I sure do hope that you'll host some more in due time!
03/18/2020 6:53 amhistory
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect
SuperMinecrafz
Oof I didn't make it in top 3. However, this was a fun challenge to tackle and thank you very much for this contest, Stubbs1. I know you've been pushing yourself lately but please stay safe and healthy dude. Congratulations to CaraRose, Sky0Wings, and Wet for winning this contest! I look forward to whatever challenge may come my way next :)
03/18/2020 5:51 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Princess
CaraRose
Thank you so so much!
It was an honor to be among incredible builders in this contest!
The whole concept made me get out of my comfort zone and try something new so thank you for that a lot!
Now I'm absolutely speechless and can't stop crying but you made me so freaking happy! ♡
03/17/2020 2:29 am
CaraRose
Oh my God I wish you a lot of strength and health to deal with all of it Stubbs1

participants will surely wait! please take your time
03/16/2020 7:33 am
Level 31 : Artisan Professor
EndPlayz
Oh, thats not good. I'm sorry to hear that. Also about my earlier reply, I was just really excited to see the results and them being delayed kinda annoyed me, but i guess almost dying is a valid reason for an unnanounced delay. Anyways, I hope that the surgery goes well for you and, well, just good luck in general really.
03/16/2020 12:46 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Architect
misterich
"Oh, thats not good. I'm sorry to hear that."

Can you tell me something more; you are the only one who whould like to get some more infos;
03/16/2020 1:32 pmhistory
EndPlayz
Well, I don't know what you mean, but if you ment to ask what I was referring to, read the begin of the post again, he (or at least I think he, you never know tho) announced why there is a delay.
03/15/2020 1:39 pm
EndPlayz
May I ask where the results of the contest are? It is already the 15th all around the world and nothing has been announced yet. It may be that it has been delayed, but I think you'd have informed us about a delay already if that were the case.
03/08/2020 5:09 am
Level 31 : Artisan Explorer
Edaryion
Nice contest Tom!
03/02/2020 12:59 am
Kwanatla
I'm so sorry, I posted the project yesterday, just before the deadline, but I forgot to put the link here. So here's my entry:
https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/unfinished-fortress/
03/02/2020 3:26 am
Stubbs1
It's okay. It's still being included because it was submitted within the time table :)
03/01/2020 11:53 amhistory
CaraRose
03/02/2020 3:26 am
Stubbs1
It looks really good :)
I've added it to the entry folder
03/02/2020 4:13 am
CaraRose
thank you ♡
03/01/2020 2:56 am
Level 49 : Master Fox
LimeeFox
03/01/2020 7:38 am
Stubbs1
It looks great :D
I've added it to the entry folder :)
02/28/2020 4:51 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Soldier
Vex779
i will start building now i will be ready tomorrow or after 3-4 hours !
02/29/2020 5:36 am
Stubbs1
Sounds awesome :D
I'm excited to see what you can come up with in that time period :)
02/29/2020 10:10 am
Level 38 : Artisan Soldier
Vex779
Here ! https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/valkoria-castle/ its not really good but i am still beginner at building ...
03/01/2020 7:38 am
Stubbs1
It looks awesome, especially if you're only a beginner :D
I've added it to the entry folder :)
02/28/2020 3:46 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
ngc_
Here's my entry, hope you like it!
02/29/2020 5:36 am
Stubbs1
It looks really good!
I've added it to the Contest Entry folder :)
02/28/2020 1:01 am
Kwanatla
Well, I'm afraid that I won't be able to finish my entry in time :( I might still post it in its half-finished form, but I won't be winning any prizes with it. I'll definitely post it once it's done though...
02/28/2020 4:14 am
Stubbs1
Aaaw, that's okay. A bit sad as I was excited to see what you made, but uploading the half-finished product will at least earn you a badge and a collective shout-out :D
02/25/2020 11:00 pm
SuperMinecrafz
just wanna make sure, when's the final judging process?
02/26/2020 3:18 am
Stubbs1
The deadline is the first of March. From there, the judges have a 2 week time limit on judging all the different builds from the entry folder. After that, we'll have the results, and they will be posted along with badges, prices, etc. :)
02/25/2020 7:11 am
EndPlayz
Here is my entry for the contest!
02/25/2020 8:55 am
Stubbs1
It looks amazing :D
I have added it to the entry folder :)
02/24/2020 3:56 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Fish
Wet
02/24/2020 4:00 pm
Stubbs1
Uuuh, it looks really good :D
Added to the entry folder ;)
02/23/2020 10:46 am
Level 44 : Master Wizard
Sky0Wings
Just finished the build, here is my entry, Thyrm!
ヾ(´¬`)ノ
02/23/2020 2:33 pm
CaraRose
dear God! should I even try to take first place after that haha? xD
02/24/2020 10:05 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
One should always try to take first place 😉
02/23/2020 11:03 am
Stubbs1
Holy heck... That's big o:
Added to the entry folder :D
02/24/2020 10:24 amhistory
Level 55 : Grandmaster Artist
Emfire
Do you even judge the defendebility in case of a siege, or the general structure where the lords residence is, where the stables are, great hall, chapel (all kinds of things that should be in a medival castle).
I build a lot of castles with conquest reforged, so a castle that big look good and all, but lacks the detail that takes apart decent and good builders.

Most of the entrys i have seen here cant even be called castles...
Just take a look on the darwin reforged server, you will see what i mean.
02/25/2020 12:29 amhistory
SuperMinecrafz
i guess it's a matter of perspective. If you want your castle to be explorable and on a 1:1 scale, better consider realism and detailing. If you want your castle to be large and viewed from afar/part of a larger picture, these things might not matter as much. Major difference between Conquest castles and, say, GeminiTay's castles (first YouTuber that came to mind)
02/24/2020 2:00 pm
Stubbs1
We decided that the term castle should be rather open, therefor it is not required to have a defendable castle, horse stables etc. Stuff that a real castle would have. Extra points are awarded if such things are included, without compromising the level of detail, so it's really up to the builders themselves what they see as a castle :)

Also it doesn't say "Medieval Castle builders", but if it did, then I'd deftly have included the requirements which you listed :D
02/23/2020 12:50 am
Level 45 : Master Wizard
mythicaljay
02/23/2020 11:03 am
Stubbs1
Aaw, it's kinda cute :D
I've added it to the entry folder :D
02/23/2020 3:43 pm
Level 45 : Master Wizard
mythicaljay
Thanks!
02/21/2020 8:05 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Lemilas
Here's my entry! I didn't end up having time for something big, but I think my castle turned out pretty well.
02/22/2020 3:07 am
Stubbs1
That's alright Lemilas :D
02/20/2020 9:33 am
Level 42 : Master Architect
BrunoTar69
https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/castle-of-the-mage-guild-contest/

Just finished my build

Hope you like a build and a little not so good story :D
02/21/2020 2:19 am
Stubbs1
Awesome! :D
02/18/2020 4:46 pm
Level 23 : Expert Mage
Criticalhit_Mage
I have completed my entry :)
https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/golden-creeper-castle/

I hope you guys like my story ;)
02/19/2020 2:18 am
Stubbs1
It looks great :D
02/17/2020 8:21 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
MOBSLOL
Hi so this is for what? Tell me so I can vote
02/17/2020 5:16 pm
Stubbs1
Heck yeah I'm in! - This means you want to take part in the contest (aka. this post)
I blew up my castle :( - You blew up your castle and can't enter :(
E - E
F - E, but without the bottom line.
02/18/2020 2:27 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
MOBSLOL
Ok but I never maje TNT at surv mode and I'm never make castle at creative mode too I just make Castle at Surv mode >^>
02/17/2020 8:01 am
CaraRose
I think I won't be able to make it unfortunately..

My server deleted everything again all I built it this year and I have no backup

Feels like I'm gonna die :(

I have some screenshots but I don't think it's enough to participate

so.. good luck guys
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome