Vote for the PROJECT Contest Theme for this September!

Cyprezz's Avatar Cyprezz8/24/18 3:52 pm history
35 emeralds 1.7k 31
9/5/2018 4:08 pm
Cyprezz's Avatar Cyprezz
What WHAT!!! Our first ever Minecraft Project Contest POOLLL! Poll. poll... wait. pool? Jump in and vote.

This poll will decide which theme we'll host for the September solo project contest on Planet Minecraft.

Read over each of the ideas, make sure you understand what they are before voting. Remember, vote for the one you like the best, not the one you think is going to win!

Feel free to campaign
for what you hope wins in the comments, on your wall, in crafty memes and in your front yard!

Underwater Wonders [ open theme ]
A tribute to the amazing Minecraft Aquatic Update, build an underwater wonder. What you build is completely up to you but it needs to be... under the water. Round up your dolphin pals, you're going to need the oxygen.

Nature Walk [ inspiration ]
Take or in this case, make a walk through nature. Lush, peaceful, wildlife, babbling brooks, intricate scenes of beauty that only mother nature does effortlessly. You can do it too but it's going to take some effort! Let's go on your walk through nature.

Super Hero / Villain Bases [ builds ]
Dant daa daaaa! or ROOOARR! Construct the ultimate base, fortress, head quarters, cave, moon base fit for a super hero or super villain. Outfit that base with everything your powerful character needs. You choose the hero or villain and build style.

Pirate Treasure Adventure [ adventure | mini-game ]
Arrgg! We'll give you an island starter map and let you focus on adding the adventure into it. Leave a chain of clues, build land marks, setup traps, bury treasure and challenge the community with adventure they'll tell their grand kids, grand kids!; or at least diamond your entry.

Human Achievements [ inspiration ]
Humans have achieved many things over the course of our existence, choose your favorite and express it in a Minecraft build! Whether it's an accomplishment like landing on the moon, building the pyramids, flying around the world or an technological advancement or inventions. Show us why you consider it a great human achievement through your build and description.

Shape the World | Episode 1 [ open theme | terraforming ]
Ever wanted to be a god of all creation and block heads? If the answer is yes, then maybe you've also imagined creating your own personal paradise, garden of life, the world to top all worlds!!! Your goal is to make a world that shows us what you'd do with limitless freedom of creation... and knowing that your map will be inhabited by life in Episode 2 of this theme.

Theatrical Scene [ inspiration ]
As a theater director you are responsible for presenting a scene to your audience. Create a build that captures a scene rich in emotion and complexity with actors in an environment you've carefully crafted. Set the stage and immortalize a scene in Minecraft. You are free to recreate a scene from an opera, musical, book, movie, cartoon, etc.

Starter Maps [ templates ]
Build a map with the intention of having others download and use it as a starting point for their own creativity. Whether it's a beautiful terraformed island, a walled village without the village, or module components to aid the creation of a more complex creation... your goal is to create a starter map.

Watercraft [ builds ]
A mode of transportation build contest focused on vehicles that travel on or through water. Vehicle can based in reality or purely your imagination. Yachts, cruise liners, submarines, pirate ships, dolphin rides, sail boats, tubs, arm floaties? and splishy splash watercrafts.

World of Color [ palette challenge ]
This project challenge will have you building primarily with blocks that match shades of one color! We'll provide 6 color palette options along with an example palette of blocks. You'll choose one to focus on but are free to expand the palette within reason. Building with shades of one color might sound boring, restrictive or even colorless but you may find the challenge results in creating strange and wonderful worlds! What you do with your color will decide the fate of our universe. It's that real.

This poll will run for one week. Get your votes in!

Information on past contests and all of their participants can be found here! https://www.planetminecraft.com/contests/

Poll ended 08/31/2018 3:52 pm.

Cyprezz
Admin / Lead Developer
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg