Minecraft Maps / 3D Art

MV Bergensfjord

  • 2,768 views, 0 today
  • 402 downloads, 0 today
  • 19
  • 9
  • 34
Mr. Blox's Avatar Mr. Blox
Level 41 : Master Blockhead
45
Hey everybody.

This time I've undertaken a project that stands very close to my heart. I've begun the work of recreating the ship I've worked on for the past five years, here in Minecraft. The vessel is around 90% correct according to real life. Leaving the last 10% to my freedom as designer, restrictions of the nature of minecraft and a simple matter of getting everything to fit in a proper manor :) As for the size, then 1 in game block represents aprox 0.5 meters in reality. (give and take a little)

I am very sorry for the MCEdit screenshots. But the shear size of this ship, makes it partially dissapear in the fog when in game. So in order to get a shoot of it, I had to use MCEdit... :/

The ship stands finished as it is. But there is also alot of things I would like to add. so it will most likely be updated soon :-)

As always I really hope you will enjoy this creation. This time perhaps even more, because I'm emotional attached to this particular ship! It's been my home away from home for the past 5 years. I work on it you see :-)
So even though it's been a real hazzle to complete, it's been worth while! Oh yeah btw.. It killed my trusty Logitech G5 mouse building this ship :'( Takes it toll placing block after block after block after........... xD

A few facts on this ship:

The real facts:

Built: 1993 At Fosen Mekaniske Værsteder (Edit: A shipyard in Norway)
Length: 134.4m
Height: 35m (25m to bridge)
Width: 24m
Gross Tonnage: 16.794 Tons
Service Speed: 19 Knots (35 km/t)
Draft: 5.2m (Max 5.6m)
Max Passenger Capacity: 840
Cabins: 212

The Minecraft rebuild:

Built: Denmark, built time aprox 2 weeks
Length 303 blocks
Height 80 Blocks
Width: 66 Blocks
Cabins: 264 incl crew cabins
Max Passenger Capacity: 704 incl crew
Block usage: 1599840 (MCEdit schematic incl air blocks)

The ship features:

- Scandinavian Buffe Restaurant
- Cafe Easy Meal
- Little Italy ( Ala Carte)
- Vikingfjord Nightclub
- Galley
- Reception
- Skybar
- Jail
- 7+1 Decks
- 2 Main Engines (Piston engines, they work)
- 2 Auxillary Engines (Also Piston engines that work)
- Much much more

Cheers

Mr. Blox
Progress100% complete
Tags

1 Update Logs

Update #1 : by Mr. Blox 09/19/2011 4:41:25 pmSep 19th, 2011

Complete and with schematic

Create an account or sign in to comment.

TheOfficialNano
10/09/2012 1:19 pm
Level 74 : Legendary uwu
TheOfficialNano's Avatar
Good luck :)
1
NorwegianMinecraft
06/11/2012 11:21 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect
NorwegianMinecraft's Avatar
Norge! Awsome! Diamondds!
1
kingck
05/02/2012 5:39 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Sailor
kingck's Avatar
very cool we should work together on a ship
1
aakagon
12/11/2011 3:21 pm
Level 46 : Master Sailor
aakagon's Avatar
this is truly amazing!
1
Mr. Blox
12/11/2011 5:37 pm
Level 41 : Master Blockhead
Mr. Blox's Avatar
Thank you.
1
aakagon
12/11/2011 5:48 pm
Level 46 : Master Sailor
aakagon's Avatar
You are very welcome!
This project deserves it!
1
bob the hobo
12/03/2011 8:44 am
Level 1 : New Miner
bob the hobo's Avatar
does this thing make a ship spawn into ur world
1
Mr. Blox
12/11/2011 9:11 am
Level 41 : Master Blockhead
Mr. Blox's Avatar
Yes, if you use McEdit to place the schematic into your world. Make sure to have a big ocean or lake, otherwise it wont fit. The ship is quite big :)
1
LQB
11/05/2011 9:14 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Warrior
LQB's Avatar
Wow! awesome ! It's just perfect! All of it it's so detailed and good looking! it is really an awesome build! You are very good at this detailed buildings Blox, and i think you get better every time !
1
Chosley
10/19/2011 2:51 am
Level 29 : Expert Crafter
Chosley's Avatar
Yes, helt enig!
1
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome