What is the most game of 2015 you were disappointed of?

GeoinPlanetMC's Avatar GeoinPlanetMC2/1/16 9:53 pm
1 emeralds 1.7k 42
2/5/2016 6:38 pm
GhostXavier's Avatar GhostXavier
Mine was SW: Battlefront

What disappoints me was the lack of content and after you play a couple of hours you just get bored of it.
GeoinPlanetMC
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/05/2016 6:38 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Architect
GhostXavier
All these games that are delivering something that you can play have nothing compared to the agonizing wait to see an update from Cubeworld. Then again i'm not even waiting for that nearly 3 year-due update to come out.

But for 2015? Guild Wars 2's Heart of Thorns Expansion. It gave nearly everything they promised, which was a smattering of content and class upgrades, but for $50.00? That's one expensive expansion pack. I didn't really buy any new games so that was about it for me. I was content with Fallout 4, but I know it could've been a little larger and explained a few things better. Maybe the expansions will do this?
02/04/2016 11:58 am
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
GG50
SPOILERS:

Click to reveal
Those are evil choices, but there's almost no incentive to do them. Blowing up Megaton gets you a house with the same functionality and customization as the one you get for saving the town.
Blowing up the Citadel nets you quite a few weapons. The problem is that they're incredibly easy to come by in the Wasteland if you know where to look.
The 'Big Evil' choice I'm talking about is putting the modified FEV strain into the purifier. The game gives you no good reason to do it.

The factions of the Mojave were a bit more complex than that.
NCR had noble goals, trying to rebuild the Old World. However, they were overbearing, mismanaged, and did not take 'no' for an answer. They've massacred refugees, annexed whatever land they wanted, and invaded the Mojave.

House is much more effective as a major player, but he is much more detached from anyone outside of the Strip. The people of the Mojave are free to get their heads blown off by raiders, or robbed by the passing stranger. If you're not in the Strip, you're nothing.

Yesman is more neutral than anything, considering you can go either way on the good/evil spectrum.

The Legion. I can understand why they would be perceived as 'evil', but they are still effective as a peacekeeping force. Women are treated like property, slavery is encouraged, etc. However, the Legion's territory, especially Arizona, is some of the safest in the country. There's a trader in the Fort that goes on about how much he enjoys trading with the Legion, because there's not as big of a risk anymore.

I do enjoy Fallout 4's take on the factions, much more than I did 3's, as it is much more gray.

Minutemen are kind, and helpful, but incredibly ineffective. They might not be worth investing in for the long run.

The Institute is making progress in its studies, and will eventually further mankind, but at a large cost. They're plenty fine putting lives on the line to further their own goals.

Brotherhood is in the same boat as the Institute. They're trying to help mankind, but that means keeping it in a dark age.

The Railroad means well, but they have no plan for the Commonwealth as a whole. All they care about is rescuing synths, not protecting the rest of the wastelanders. (There is also no Brotherhood-Railroad alliance, you gotta destroy one if you side with the other.)

I agree with you about the ending sequence. What good is making the choices I did if I don't get to see the impacts that they have on the Wasteland?
02/04/2016 3:23 am
Level 36 : Artisan Engineer
Hive_Mind
GG50
Hive_Mind
AzieI was dissapointed Fallout 4 as well, but there's a few issues with this.

You did have evil choices in Fallout 3, but there was nothing to encourage you to be evil. The big evil choice in the end is actually harmful to you, so why would you do it?
Arguably there are evil choices in Fallout 4, in the Institute and Brotherhood. There is no truly good and evil this time around, more of a big gray area like New Vegas did, which I enjoy.

You're forgetting the Minutemen and Railroad. They aren't as big as the other two, but they still make up the major players in the Commonwealth.

Everything else you nailed. The ripped quite a bit out of Fallout while replacing it with nothing substantial.

Warning: No spoiler tags at this point, so don't read this post if you want to avoid spoilers
If the "Big Evil" choice you're talking about in Fallout 3 is nuking the Citadel, that does benefit you. You get to raid the armory, which has tons of good stuff, and hostile Brotherhood Knights will spawn in the crater of the Citadel, with Power Armor and other good equipment to sell.
Nuking Megaton lets you live in the one Tower place, which I can't remember now, without needing to kill everyone inside and replace them with Ghouls.

Sure, FNV had grey areas, but it was pretty easy to be "Conventionally Good" (side with NCR or House, or even Yesman, establish diplomatic relations with other groups, forgive Benny, etc) or "Conventionally Evil" (side with Caesar or Yesman, kill everyone who stands in your way, crucify Benny, etc) if you chose to be.

Fallout 4 is all grey area. And it's not all even well-explained grey area: for example, the Institute never explains why they're replacing random civilians with synths. Some have tactical purposes, but it seems counterproductive with their goal of not having the surface dwellers fear and hate them (and, therefore, interfere with them).

I didn't forget the Minutemen, but they are a semi-compulsory part of the game. No matter what you do or who you join, you can't get the Minutemen to reject you. I did forget about the Railroad though...personally I went with the Institute so I wiped them out pretty early on. Can you complete the whole story with the Railroad as your primary faction? No "Railroad sends you to work with the Brotherhood of Steel" cop-out?

And another thing - the "Ending Sequence" to the game. In Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, it would mention totally peripheral characters who you encountered, like Rose of Sharon Cassidy. In Fallout 4, it only mentions what you did on the main storyline. It felt like a much less complete review of your time in the waste. Prepackaged and hollow.
02/04/2016 12:01 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
Out of what.. the only 3 games I've played/heard of?...

Fallout 4 Honestly, only part of it that I end up doing in it is build the whatever-its-called settlement that you start in... at least I didn't buy it, a friend library shared with me so I could try it.

Black Ops 3, like most extremely overhyped games, this one took victim.. it sucked.

GTA 5 is a mixed opinion... it sucks, but it doesn't it's hard to explain

there's the list of new release games I bought in 2015
02/03/2016 10:36 pm
Level 21 : Expert Artist
Enygma
Fo4.
It sucked.

Really sucked.
02/03/2016 10:58 pm
GG50
Better than Fallout 3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
02/03/2016 1:53 am
Level 25 : Expert Prince
astrashira
I'm not disappointed in any game, because I learnt that I never dislike anything at all. I srsly don't like it when people call disliked things "Cancer" Can you just please learn how to appreciate what people had worked hard on to contribute to the whole of the internet? I can't be against FNaF since my friend said the game was awesome, and I know I cannot disagree with that fact since I too, kinda like that game. If you hate something, it means making others disappointed in YOU/making the person who made that game, thing, art, or what-so-ever angry/mad/sad.

But I'm sure I only dislike ONE thing (As I mean ONE I mean a series )
Sonic games are the worst.
02/03/2016 1:34 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Star Wars Battlefront

You had one job, EA. ONE JOB

It's really sad, when Star Wars Battlefront 2, a game made 10 YEARS AGO, is way better then its sequel, it really gives you an idea how lazy and cancerous EA is. They didn't care about content, all the cared about was releasing a half-finished game for 60 bucks, along with a really expensive DLC that's also 60 bucks.

Only good thing I can say about it is, it's a really good looking game.

Also, Undertale.

I really like the game. It looks nice (kinda), soundtrack was amazing, and story is great, but the goddamn fandom ruins everything about the game. They treat it like the greatest game in the known universe, when it really isn't. Then you have the fans that spoil so much of the game. Then the cringy art and fanfiction. I'd even say the Undertale fandom is way worse then the FNAF fandom. If it wasn't for the Undertale fandom, I would hold Undertale in higher regard.
02/02/2016 9:48 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
jupalt
growtopia i have been scammed too 23 wls
02/02/2016 9:34 pm
Level 28 : Expert Geek
Histor the Noob
Most disappointing game?
Most of the Sonic games.
Yep.
They aren't even real platformers!
The only good one I can think of is Sonic Colors for the DS. All you basically do in it is run around quickly collecting rings and smashing robots.
02/02/2016 8:00 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
As my homeboy Chron said, Undertale. I haven't played it, but the hype ruined it for me. I know people who think it's a pretty good game, but that's it. It's nothing that hasn't been done before. I'd play it, but I would not spend $10 on it.
02/02/2016 11:07 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
Seems a bit of a stretch to say that's the most disappointing game of 2015 if you've never played it, especially if it's only $10.
02/04/2016 4:22 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
It would be, but the question isn't "What's the most disappointing game of 2015". It's "What is the 2015 game you were most disappointed in?" (edited the original question to allow for better grammar). Thus being said, it's no stretch to say that I'm disappointed in an adequate game being blown out of proportion.
02/02/2016 3:43 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
black ops 3
02/02/2016 3:19 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect
TotallyNotMe
Undertale and Simcity. Both terrible in every way.

My favourite game has to be Cities : Skylines, just because it's done everything Simcity didn't, and they did it well.
02/02/2016 9:01 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
funnymon
Undertale is bad in everyway how? I understand not liking it, because of hype or not liking RPG or its still makes up for that in music and storyline
02/02/2016 3:01 pm
GG50
Hive_Mind
AzieFallout 4. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the game and feel it was worth its price-point, but it was pretty severely over-simplified to the point that I feel it's lacking in features. Random crits, skill checks, and karma were all great features and it's sad they were cut. Settlement building could have been executed better too.

This. Other complaints:
-No good way to be evil except just killing everyone! And that's not very imaginative. In Fallout 3, you had "evil" speech options, you had "evil" storyline choices like
Click to reveal
blowing up Megaton or blowing up the Citadel in Broken Steel

-Removed ammo types (Would've made more sense to have incendiary and explosive bullets than a gun which somehow transforms bullets to be explosive)
-Only 2 primary factions to pick from (Institute and BoS) while FNV had Wild Card / Yesman, House, NCR, or Caesar's Legion.
-Seemed like they focused on Radiant Quests more than real quests; I remember if I wandered the wastes of Fallout 3 or New Vegas, I'd encounter tons of characters with interesting requests / related quests. Of course Fallout 4 has some of those, but mostly if you wander the wastes, you're just encountering Super Mutants and ghouls with no associated storylines.
-Forcing your character to have a deep back story in an RPG, so you can't make it up yourself as much - yes, in FNV you were a courier, but that's less "restrictive" than being a former-military family man searching for his son. That's almost literally just a reversal of Fallout 3's storyline, "where's muh father"
-The Skill system! It's insane that they got rid of it, and results in stupid things like needing to waste Perk Points just to be able to hack terminals. Gone are the days of popping some Mentats to increase your Science, which would then let you hack a terminal. The new system isn't BAD, but it's nowhere close to as good.

Basically, I think they really failed to incorporate everything that was done better / correctly in FNV, and that's a huge mistake.

I was dissapointed Fallout 4 as well, but there's a few issues with this.

You did have evil choices in Fallout 3, but there was nothing to encourage you to be evil. The big evil choice in the end is actually harmful to you, so why would you do it?
Arguably there are evil choices in Fallout 4, in the Institute and Brotherhood. There is no truly good and evil this time around, more of a big gray area like New Vegas did, which I enjoy.

You're forgetting the Minutemen and Railroad. They aren't as big as the other two, but they still make up the major players in the Commonwealth.

Everything else you nailed. The ripped quite a bit out of Fallout while replacing it with nothing substantial.
02/02/2016 2:33 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
lilyboo
Fnaf 3 All the other games are fun but 3 has got no point.. Like why are you fixing and how does that help anyways and phantom puppet etc
02/02/2016 2:00 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Princess
PadawanAmy
Super Mario Bros 64
02/02/2016 2:10 pm
Level 40 : Master Goblin
Dajj
smb64 isn't even a game anymore it's just a concept at this point

my disappointment game of 2015 had to be minecraft you can't even place blocks on most servers what's The Point of the most creative game in The world if you can't Even Be creative like you don't have the ability to use the Various amount of colored blocks to place
02/02/2016 8:39 pm
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Dinodaw
I can tell it's trying to communicate... I just don't understand it.
02/02/2016 1:41 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
02/02/2016 1:00 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Chron
Undertale was kind of disappointing, but then again, hype ruins things.

On the flipside, Downwell was an incredibly pleasant surprise that more people should check out.
02/02/2016 2:33 pm
lilyboo
But undertale is cool
02/02/2016 12:44 pm
Level 26 : Expert Toast
IuStrenght
All Five Nights At Freedy's

I really hate this game series!
02/02/2016 11:44 am
Level 78 : Legendary Engineer
FEX___96
Minecraft Snapshots.
02/02/2016 11:39 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
Undertale
02/02/2016 2:34 pm
lilyboo
Undertale is AWESOME
02/02/2016 11:34 am
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
Have to agree with Azie in part on Fallout 4. I enjoyed it, and would buy it again, but I think some features could be improved upon.

For me it was Star Wars Battelfront though. I loved the first battlefront games, and didn't expect some kind of clone with updated graphics, but frankly it's just... shallow. There's not much to do, there isn't much skill involved in it due to the randomness of the "powerups," there are barely any heroes and no classes, etc, etc.

There is barely any teamwork whatsoever. Somebody might use a squad shield or other related star card if you're lucky, but there's no smugglers to repair vehicles or heal people, no anti-vehicle classes, and the star cards don't act as a legitimate replacement for that.

It's just run-and-gun in a star wars environment, and for me, that is not what I want out of a shooter.

I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale for cheap, but I'm definitely not buying full price after my experience with the beta and watching gameplay videos.

Sound design and graphics are great, certainly, but it's DICE. DICE can do better than that. I severely hope they try to make some fixes, and I have hope that they might. As much as people hate Battlefield 4 because of the terrible launch, DICE LA stepped in and made some excellent changes and gave players a ton of free content, and it'd be great if they did the same for battlefront, but it seems unlikely given the lack of public outrage over it.

Oh well.
02/02/2016 11:03 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Fallout 4. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the game and feel it was worth its price-point, but it was pretty severely over-simplified to the point that I feel it's lacking in features. Random crits, skill checks, and karma were all great features and it's sad they were cut. Settlement building could have been executed better too.
02/02/2016 2:47 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Engineer
Hive_Mind
This. Other complaints:
-No good way to be evil except just killing everyone! And that's not very imaginative. In Fallout 3, you had "evil" speech options, you had "evil" storyline choices like
Click to reveal
blowing up Megaton or blowing up the Citadel in Broken Steel

-Removed ammo types (Would've made more sense to have incendiary and explosive bullets than a gun which somehow transforms bullets to be explosive)
-Only 2 primary factions to pick from (Institute and BoS) while FNV had Wild Card / Yesman, House, NCR, or Caesar's Legion.
-Seemed like they focused on Radiant Quests more than real quests; I remember if I wandered the wastes of Fallout 3 or New Vegas, I'd encounter tons of characters with interesting requests / related quests. Of course Fallout 4 has some of those, but mostly if you wander the wastes, you're just encountering Super Mutants and ghouls with no associated storylines.
-Forcing your character to have a deep back story in an RPG, so you can't make it up yourself as much - yes, in FNV you were a courier, but that's less "restrictive" than being a former-military family man searching for his son. That's almost literally just a reversal of Fallout 3's storyline, "where's muh father"
-The Skill system! It's insane that they got rid of it, and results in stupid things like needing to waste Perk Points just to be able to hack terminals. Gone are the days of popping some Mentats to increase your Science, which would then let you hack a terminal. The new system isn't BAD, but it's nowhere close to as good.

Basically, I think they really failed to incorporate everything that was done better / correctly in FNV, and that's a huge mistake.

Of course the only reason I was disappointed was because I had huge hopes to begin with. The game which failed to meet even my modest expectations was Star Wars Battlefront; No space battles, vehicles set up like "Power Ups," and - most oddly - you can't change your controls, so you're forced to use their terrible non-inverted flight controls? How about...no. It was free with my PS4, and somehow I'm still disappointed.
02/02/2016 10:45 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Fnaf. 3
Huge dissapointment since Scott had made Fnaf 1, and 2 great. Then there was Fnaf 3. It just felt wrong, out of place like if it was an attempt to get players money instead of an actual game.
02/02/2016 10:21 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Not even modding could make the third person view bearable
02/02/2016 7:54 am
Level 35 : Artisan Goblin
Gbubble
Lego Dimensions.
Nuff said.
02/02/2016 7:40 am
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
02/04/2016 2:52 am
Lachie1770
Lol That was 2013, But 100% agreed, Try cities skylines its the "What Simcity Should of been"

But For me, FNAF 3, 4, and FNAF World... FNAF 1 was the only good game...
02/01/2016 10:40 pm
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
yoda473
You dissin' mah Battlefront?
I guess Lego Dimensions could have been better...
02/01/2016 10:31 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
All five nights at freddy's games
The witcher 3(JK its a really fun game)
02/01/2016 10:30 pm
Level 21 : Expert Narwhal
Prisma15
All five nights at freddy's games.

When will the cancer stop?!
02/04/2016 2:51 am
Lachie1770
Stop With the Cancer stuff, Its wrong, Just wrong.... Get a life....
02/01/2016 10:18 pm
GG50
Minecraft
02/01/2016 9:55 pm
Level 29 : Expert Ranger
Soybeam
my life
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com