Let's be honest, Minecraft is trash now

Zelkia's Avatar Zelkia8/11/17 3:19 am history
5 emeralds 19.4k 78
8/25/2017 1:21 pm
FangABXY's Avatar FangABXY
DOUBLE DISCLAIMER: Shut up about the god damn poll, already! I've told at least a dozen people that due to the lack of a "Question" and "answers" system, that i couldn't make the options specific enough without them being too long. I can't DELETE polls, I've attempted to do so several times, and please, just stop about the damn thing already.

DISCLAIMER: Guys. Apparently this "Hate Microsoft" bandwagon is a thing. If you see my post, i don't want you to just go make a post complaining about a thing because it's the popular thing to do. If Microsoft's changes don't affect you at all, that's fine- I don't care. You don't have to make a post hating on Microsoft because you want to get in on the popular trend. It's not a trend, it's opinions. The intent of this post was to start a discussion between some of the players who've been around since Alpha and Beta about the changes the game is going through and how Microsoft is affecting the game. Not to tell people that Microsoft's handling of the game sucks as 100% fact. Because it's not fact. How it affects YOU, is all your opinion.

Let's talk about how Microsoft handles Minecraft and Mojang. I don't want to spend time on how the game used to be- That isn't the point. I'm not here to discuss why Alpha or Beta was better. I'm here to discuss why Minecraft has rolled downhill faster than Sonic on crack.

Ever since Mojang was sold to Microsoft, it just seems like they've been constantly exploiting Minecraft and Mojang as a whole. They're likely ordering significantly more focus on the new Bedrock versions of Minecraft, as it allows for significantly less freedom and infinitely more chance to profit on this lack of moddability and customizability that these versions have. Oh, what's that? Want mods? Well, we're not interested in what you want, but if you give us your soul, we'll give you some coins to spend on things that are not only WORSE than mods, but more expensive than mods!
[Mods= FREE+20$ (The game), Packs, maps and things on the Marketplace= Everything you own and more]

The content in the game has gotten worse too as it's becoming significantly more fantastical and random. I like Glazed Terracotta but my only problem with it is that it doesn't feel like Minecraft content. And ever since Beta 1.8, the focus on Survival has become significantly larger, rendering Building in it significantly more difficult. And to compensate, they add Creative mode, something that removes the fun of, well, playing the game, from the game. Part of the reason I've strayed away from Minecraft for so long is that i enjoyed just building. And because it became harder to do so with Survival, i started focusing on Creative, which bored me to death and back.

And the social aspect of the game is just kinda meh now, too. Not only is the ratio of 12-year-olds to Above-12 astronomical (Is that how you use the big word, daddy?), the social experience has become extremely complex, with a crap-tonne of mini-games, server networks with just as much paid content as the Marketplace, so many different plugins you could barely count them on all hands in the world at this second, and so many people playing it isn't even funny.

Honestly, i think ever since Microsoft obtained Mojang, the game has been on a constant downhill spiral as Microsoft started changing things in the game in their bank's favor. But it's really all personal preference. What do you think about it? I have some basic answers in a poll but you can answer a bit more specifically, if you want, down below.
To me though, the game is trash now, Microsoft has always been trash since the turn of the millennia (Thanks, Xbox) and i'm gonna get a lot of hate for this post.

Poll ended 08/16/2017 5:46 am.

Zelkia
Level 39 : Artisan Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/11/2017 10:02 am
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
Those are rather biased poll options. Would I like to choose Minecraft sucks or Minecraft is bad or Minecraft was better before but only my fond memories tell me it was?

Personally I think Minecraft is just fine. It's progressing and expanding. What's nice is that if people don't like it, they don't have to play it. They can load up previous versions. Doesn't mean new Minecraft is better, but it's not worse.
08/13/2017 1:11 am
Zelkia
Well, i can't exactly find a way to make the questions completely open-ended, can i? But my point isn't that the new Minecraft is bad- In my personal opinion, i feel like older versions were a bit better, this post is meant to focus on Microsoft's handling of the game. That's where the game starts rolling downhill. Since they have full control over what gets through and what doesn't, and CAN ask certain features to be created, they have full control over how THEY can make money off of it. To me it's scummy and disrespectful to Minecraft.
08/13/2017 2:01 am
Zitzabis
You do understand that Microsoft has very little to do with the production, right?
Yes they reserve the rights to request features and stuff but they really don't care. Microsoft is in this as a business investment. They just let Mojang do their thing (so these changes would likely to have happened even if Microsoft didn't buy them).

A lot of original devs left Mojang not so much because of Microsoft but because they were ready to move on. I believe Notch's reason was because he felt that he had nothing else left to offer for the game and it was time for someone else to carry the torch.

The asking for features is exactly the same as if Notch was still there. He's the boss which means he can request features. The ability to do so has now shifted to someone else. But again, keep in mind that Microsoft is about business. And just like a business, they have designated teams that make the planning and decision making. In this case, that's Mojang. Nothing different.

As for how they can make money off of it, can you tell me what's different about it? As far as I'm aware, it's just the marketplace. So far I've seen good stuff come out of that. It helps feed money back into the community (I know a skinner who is part of it) and strengthens the ties between the creative community and Microsoft. And what's radical and cool about it is...it's optional! PC remains the same in that you can still apply content from the community for free or if you want to support that artist, you can buy their stuff on the marketplace. Consoles and mobile now have a way of getting supported extra content.

And finally, Microsoft buying Mojang was kind of a good play. Mojang now has a lot more resources, funds and backing to complete larger scale projects. If they want more people on the team, then they can get it. If they want to implement large scale efforts to standardize Minecraft across all platforms and do inter-platform gameplay, they can do it! People are throwing a fit over this because it's different and it's no longer their blessed Mojang. Mojang made mistakes too. I'd just wait and see how things go before we start saying Minecraft is now trash and thus making things harder for Mojang to deliver content that will satisfy people.
A misinformed angry mob is a powerful thing.
08/13/2017 2:25 am
Zelkia
You say that like i'm angry... or a misinformed mob. If i come off as angry it's not my intent at all. Honestly, maybe it's just because of the problems I've had with Microsoft in the past, but I've never liked their business practices or the way they handled things, and seeing that happen to Minecraft just kinda sucks to me. The whole trend of Microtransactions is going to lead into other things that lead into other things, so on so forth. This is only the beginning, remember that. Microsoft can get worse about this, they could get better about it. I can't tell you what'll happen. I just feel, personally, like this problem is going to get worse, much like it has for other areas. It's not only about how the game is treated now but also about how it will be treated later down the line, based on how it's gone with other things they've done. Honestly the game is kinda starting to appeal to newer fans who came in with these changes. Whether they be kids, or people who've only recently discovered Minecraft, it's less in the favor of the older fans and more in the favor of the newer ones. These people won't feel the impact of these changes as much as older fans will because they're used to how the game is. The game is changing massively, and i feel it'd be easier to be a newer fan than it would be to be someone coming from Beta 1.6/1.7. Maybe if i try to sit through this the game will become even better than it once was. But it's going to take a long time to get used to the changes the game is going through.

...Minecraft Puberty. LOL
08/13/2017 2:30 am
Zitzabis
No no, not calling you angry. However I'm seeing these kinds of posts happen more and more. While I don't mind if people feel that way, it begins to cause newer players to feel like they need to jump in the dissing of Mojang/Microsoft which could lead to them feeling bad about having bought Minecraft. While you have innocent intentions, I've seen this kind of thing snowball until it becomes out of hand and people are just doing it for the bandwagon.
08/13/2017 2:35 amhistory
Zelkia
crap, you replied before i could continue on. As i was going to say...

But yes, i do understand they have nothing to do with production. My point was that with them being able to ask certain things to be made, or being able to say "I don't know if that should be in there" that they could go on to continue with the paid formula they have, or simply other ways of making a larger profit off the game.

As for what you said, yeah, i see what you mean. But my intent was to start a discussion about how some of the people who've been here longer feel about the changes being made to the game or the way Microsoft is affecting it.

If you think putting a disclaimer in the original post would be a good idea i can do that. As silly as the idea of someone following a hate bandwagon is, that happens, sadly... And all too much.

...IGN started one of those, it got pretty popular.
08/15/2017 6:35 am
Level 40 : Master Goblin
Lola
Would have rather seen a poll with a wider spectre of answers. Seems highly biased to the minecraft sucks side. I have always enjoyed playing minecraft. I even find it much nicer to play now, due to a higher variety of blocks, which gives much more options when building pretty things. New blocks/features/biomes = more to explore => more fun. I genuinly don't understand people complaining about how the game got worse and worse, even if you don't like the new updates mojang still gave you the option to choose whichever version you want to play in. People who enjoy playing on servers might have more issues with that though.

A lot of the arguments you seem to use are rather based upon assumptions, speculations and opinions. I don't get how building has gotten more difficult because mojang put a focus on survival? They didn't do any updates to make blocks harder to obtain or remove useful game mechanics, They actually made certain unobtainable blocks craftable and added a larger variety of not too hard to get blocks to the game. I also don't see how a large variety of plugins negatively affects the game. In what ways did the social experience get more complex, how did it change? There are a lot of minigame servers, but there are also a lot of servers which focus on survival, creative, factions. And isn't that paid content pretty justifiable? How else are people supposed to maintain their servers? How is a lot of people playing the game something that spoils the fun? There are loads of small communities out there in which you can just enjoy a game with a tight friend group... that way you can also avoid 12 year olds you seem to be annoyed by.
The part where you mention Microsoft is changing the game in their banks favour seems like a very logical thing to do. Make the game better and more appealing to the masses, reel in more cash.

Also, this might just be me, but isn't it a bit ironic to go on a minecraft fansite and complain to minecraft players about them and how much the game sucks? I mean isn't this a place where people come together because they all have their love for the game in common? To me this just feels a bit trolly.
08/18/2017 4:19 am
Zelkia
Again, sorry for that, due to the lack of a Question and Answers system sorta like MinecraftForums, i couldn't make the questions specific enough for it to work. I've changed them to something stupid because hah, deleting polls? What kind of idea is that?
08/11/2017 10:06 am
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
Once again we see somebody going by bias rather than facts B)
08/13/2017 1:20 am
Zelkia
I'm GREATLY biased against Microsoft but for good reason. I don't doubt they will do some good things for the game but it's not going to be the same ever since they bought the company and Minecraft. Microsoft has exploited every last cent out of everything they've created or touched, at least, in Gaming they have. Xbox live? They've milked that. Xbox itself? Sure. Remember Scalebound? Pretty sure they wanted Microtransactions in it. They've tried to milk every IP they've found could be milked, they've milked services, etc etc.
08/13/2017 2:07 am
Zitzabis
I don't doubt they will do some good things for the game but it's not going to be the same ever since they bought the company and Minecraft.

But here's the thing, Minecraft is never going to be the same again compared to it's last patch. Say Microsoft didn't buy Minecraft; well do you think we would still have the same content now? No we would have moved on, they would have added more things, changed stuff, etc. Companies usually do longer term plans. So they are probably still carrying out some of the same features from before Microsoft.
Microsoft doesn't want to make bad choices and lose money. I feel like this is more of a personal matter on your part rather than a factual deterioration of Minecraft.
08/13/2017 1:21 am
Zelkia
But you can't tell me that there are no facts in this post whatsoever. That's kinda BS, and shows you're just buying into Microsoft's greedy schemes and how they say they care about users. They don't, they never have.
08/13/2017 2:02 am
Zitzabis
No, it's not facts. It's called your opinions. You have every right to believe them but it does not make it immediately true.
08/13/2017 2:31 amhistory
Zelkia
...Well, crap. Sorry, that wasn't entirely what i meant. I DO feel that Microsoft is treating it kinda crappily, but more feel that it's going to get worse, based on other examples I've seen. I feel like the only point where opinions come into play is how i feel about how they're treating it, or how you feel about how they're treating it, or how he or she feels about it. How they're handling it, however, put as factually as i can get is that Microsoft are using ideas that will make them more money while potentially having other benefits (Or possibly not.) and that it could continue on to other things later down the line. I didn't intend to say that my opinions were factual- God no. I've told several people off because of that. I myself find it stupid that people do it. More that what Microsoft is doing with the game is factual- Not how i feel about it. That's obviously just my opinion and is probably skewed by my hatred for other schemes like this from Microsoft, and from other companies.
08/13/2017 5:03 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Microsoft has attempted all sorts of crap, but this isn't some master plot that came in just from Microsoft. Mojang's been heading in this direction for a while.
08/25/2017 1:21 pm
Level 20 : Expert Dragon
FangABXY
ROBLOX is doing much worse right now when the only critical issue I see in minecraft is that everything needs XBOX live to communicate, even on IOS, android, and NS, it suggests we all use XBOX (I know some of you do, and I respect that), even though that is obviously false.
08/15/2017 4:10 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
IndyJacksonTT
The new MC is better!
People keep saying that Microsoft ruined minecarft!
08/15/2017 3:37 pm
Level 27 : Expert Taco
Noah
There isn't an option to just vote I liked minecraft before and I still like it.
08/15/2017 5:48 am
Zelkia
Apologies for the poll, everyone! With the lack of a Question and Answer style thing, the answers would end up being way too long and i had to take a simpler route with the questions which resulted in them being far too biased. Vote if you want, but i'd MUCH prefer that you posted your opinion down here. Everyone will like and dislike different things about recent or old versions and i'd love to hear what you all think.
08/15/2017 5:49 am
Zelkia
Assuming the comments System works this way, would y'all mind upvoting my comment so it stays at the top? I'd like people to see this as soon as they scroll to the poll so they take what i said into mind.
08/11/2017 5:58 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Mage
Spectre
If you don't like the new ones, just play the old ones.
08/11/2017 5:59 am
Spectre
Also Microsoft has nothing to do with the developing. Just marketing and that sort of stuff.
But seriously? Windows 10 edition?
08/13/2017 1:17 am
Zelkia
Incorrect, i believe. I can't confirm it, but i can speculate based on recent content that they own the company and control what gets through and can ask certain things to be created. I highly doubt Jeb wanted a marketplace- He would have wanted customizability and moddability in the game to be free like it always has. But Microsoft likely stepped in and said some BS about it benefiting creators or something, like they do.

My problem isn't with the new versions but more mainly with Microsoft's handling of the game. Things like the Marketplace are just clear exploitation of creators to make more money off of the game. I guarantee you that when you buy a Community pack, there's a share of that money going to Microsoft. If it was anything other than exploitation of creators, 100% of the profits would go to the Creators from Community-made items- Nothing would go to Microsoft. But that isn't the case now, is it?
08/13/2017 2:10 amhistory
Zitzabis
As with any service, money has to go to the creators AND the providers. Not everything is free. Microsoft is having to run servers to hold this content and provide the infrastructure. It's only fair that they do get a cut.
Say you made a product and everyone demanded that it was free from you but you have financial costs to cover. What are you going to do? Run yourself into the ground until you're broke?
08/13/2017 3:48 am
Spectre
"I highly doubt Jeb wanted a marketplace" That's actually what I said. They control the marketing, not the developing.

I have to agree with you on Microsoft's handling, though. Especially as a Mac user, it has really deteriorated. They've already made multiple wrong turns. Yet, as the game itself, I think it's fine. Also Microsoft have a right to that money, they need to earn something off of merch', you know.
08/18/2017 8:35 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
As long as they don't change anything with the Java Edition, I don't think its a big worry, As long as they dont like shutdown MP features or anything dramatic like that, But yes, the "new" minecraft isnt really good compared to the Original.

But the name change bugs me a bit... The original should keep the original name.
08/18/2017 7:22 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
Little newsflash: even without the marketplace, content is being bought and sold. The main difference being that the Java edition content is bought by servers in the shape of maps and builds, while the marketplace expects it of the client. Instead of getting a donator rank to support a server, you pay a little bit to get a cool map. I'm still a little unsure of what to do with the MarketPlace, but if at any point converting Java content to the Bedrock edition becomes a reliable option, you'll be seeing my content there too as soon as I can meet the seller requirements, and it'll probably be 50/50 paid and free.
08/15/2017 11:23 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
Clearly, you don't understand that Microsoft has no say about the items and mechanics that are put into place in the new versions, as Zitzabis already stated. Yes, they don't want to lose money, but Minecraft is a very small portion of the money they make. They make a lot more pushing their (rather virus-prone) OS and their other products such as the Xbox One. Minecraft may have been a score for them, but it's a very small one at best.

"I don't want to spend time on how the game used to be...I'm here to discuss why Minecraft has rolled downhill faster than Sonic on crack."

You literally just contradicted yourself here, and that's a big problem. Your poll choices are entirely biased in the favour of not liking the game that has been expanding since Day One. As Lola said, it would have better if you actually put some positive choices, since right now it's looking like a SoIaF book.

The reliability of whatever sources you got your information from is questionable, considering that, as previously mentioned, Microsoft has little to no influence over what happens to the Java Edition. If they got rid of JE, then they'd receive massive backlash from the community due to OSX and Linux users (probably less from Linux, but definitely quite a lot from OSX users). Also, the Bedrock Edition is nothing more than a conglomeration of several platforms (iOS, Android, Win10, Switch, and XBOX) with special shaders and 4K graphics support (Source).

The Marketplace isn't something I know a whole lot about, but hey, businesses need money to function; that's the whole gist of the economic system known as "Capitalism", in case you didn't understand that concept. I'm not an Economics major, but at least I know that in order for Microsoft to keep paying the Mojang employees, they have to make money through their products, which in this case (even though they just own name rights to it), would include the three different versions of Minecraft: Java, Bedrock, and PS4 (I count PS4 since they aren't part of the conglomerate Bedrock).

The fact that you're complaining about new content just tacks onto my second point. You can play any version, like Lola stated, in the event that you don't like some features of a current version. In fact, you can even go and play the Alpha and Beta versions! If you want new content from a mod, just download Forge and stick it in your mods folder, simple.

In conclusion, this is dead horse that you're beating. Everyone on r/Minecraft is over this whole phase, and I suggest you get over it as well. It doesn't change anything to complain; it just makes you look like a negative person.
08/15/2017 3:45 pmhistory
Level 37 : Artisan Geek
PusheenFluffyPuff
Yes I so agree! All it seemed like was this person being negative. I had a hard time following along to what they wrote because everything was just so negative and stuff. It needs to have pros as well, not just cons. I've been playing mine craft for 6 1/2 years so I know, and have experienced the big changes in it
08/18/2017 4:12 am
Zelkia
As i've said several damn times, i ATTEMPTED to delete the poll because people told me this.
Yes, i'm aware they have no influence over the Java version. I'm not sure if i've stated that but i do know it.
My problem with the marketplace is that Mojang was able to make just as much money without using tactics like this. Not that it exists.
And finally, i didn't want to talk about the game because it's not the game itself i'm talking about. I'm talking about Microsoft's handling of it. I don't care about how the content in the game has changed. I don't care about the texture changes. I don't care about 1.9. My point was that i was here to discuss how Microsoft is treating the game. It honestly seems like this is the wrong site to do so, considering half of the people that have gone against my point, completely MISSED my point in the first place.
08/18/2017 4:20 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
lol welcome to the internet, kid. You're going to get criticism, so don't be so defensive over your argument; let people have their opinions, even if they're contrary to yours.
08/18/2017 10:25 am
raidarr
I don't think there is much of a point, because unless a Microsoft employee comes over to post, you have no idea what exactly the extent of their influence is, and anything here about that subject is pure speculation.

Mojang, to my knowledge (and I'm not sure you have any better sources than I do besides simply watching announcements and the route of the game) is a primary, consenting at least force in all that has happened.

At least when talking about the game, there's something concrete to draw from.

If your point was missed, it should have been better explained in the first place, and you should clarify further that Microsoft's influence is all you care about. That said, I see the core changes in how the game operates stemming from the very beginning. Classic morphed into the betas, which became release. Several versions after release, you had RPG elements. You had even more pop in, before Microsoft was ever in the picture. Minecraft doesn't seem to be making any dramatic twists from where it was going - it's merely following the trend.

And finally, if Microsoft does profit a bit from the marketplace... does that stop people from making free junk and distributing it? Does that hurt your ability to play servers and other maps? Can you still play survival and creative? Unless they begin partitioning parts of the actual game (which I don't really consider Realms to do, as I consider it irrelevant to the gameplay anyways) the developers seem to be operating within fairly reasonable limits. I don't like the Microsoft touch. But when the good junk is still there, when you still have mods that blow away anything Mojang may ever create for Minecraft, I don't think it really matters.

If you want to omit the game from the discussion, ya might as well omit the discussion from the forum entirely, because that seems to be a notable part of what's going on.
08/13/2017 3:04 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Modder
Chickens4Life
Personally as a view of a 2012 player, i can agree with most content on this page. As a modded player, the only newer version i don't mind is 1.10 as its basically the new 1.7.10 also combat is fixable with mods but anyways.
The market place is basically a second Minecraft Story Mode, Microsoft and telltale first version of abusing and sucking as much money out of the community as it can. $25 (roughly making prices here) for the game itself (basically a second minecraft) then you gotta pay for the next 3 episode which cost $25 more, Why not play the actual game instead of paying for basically multiple minecraft accounts. Back to the market place: Why should the community pay for mods made the community, same can said with the texturepack? Its just stupid, its a clear attempt to scam people into the money. Personally if it was like money you get from playtime (and buying coins optional) it be a lot more acceptable and i think more people would go for it.

I just wanted a throw my opinions in on comments made
(Sorry if my opinion triggers anyone)

"Once again we see somebody going by bias rather than facts B)"

Well its not entirely bias, the guy does have a vote on the bottom post which do show clearly that out of 4 options provided, Microsoft sucks, the bredrock engine versions suck, and the marketplace sucks is a clear winner.

". A full mod API is confirmed to be coming, which will be more flexible
than Forge. From what I've read, it will support nearly every feature
Forge has, with the addition of version inter-compatibility."
What i herd from the modding api, its going to PE the inferior version of PC with its bigger more successful, modding community (#PCMasterRace). So personally i hope it comes to PC before PE first.

"Making minigames right now is more easier"
To be fair they may be simple, but nothing original anymore really..
08/13/2017 5:00 pmhistory
raidarr
There's not much for people who don't consider MC to be in a sucky light
at all. I'm not the biggest fan of the new versions by far, but it
seems like a clear voting bias to me. There's 3 negative options to 1
positive one.

And yes, making minigames is all well and good, but
when they're basically the same as another one by changing a few blocks
up and calling it "yournameherewars" >.> which seems increasingly
common...

Excuse the formatting. Result of a couple bugs I don't feel like fighting at the moment >.<
08/15/2017 5:42 am
Zelkia
I attempted to remove the voting options because it was too biased. I can't give a basic question there, only the answers. So i can't ask "What do you think about the New Minecraft?" and have the answers
"I think they're just fine!"
"I'm not a fan."
"The content is great but the way Microsoft handled the game is kinda meh."
"I love the content and think the work Microsoft has done for the game is one of the best things to happen to it!"
"I'm neutral on this whole thing."
The different choices would end up being far too long without being able to have a Question and the Answers. Sadly, removing the text from the Poll options didn't work...
08/15/2017 8:36 am
raidarr
"They're just fine!"
"I'm not a fan."
"Content's great, Microsoft handling is meh"
"Content and Microsoft are fine!"
"I'm neutral."
I'm not sure if the third one would bust the question limit.
08/13/2017 5:27 pm
Chickens4Life
I can see what you mean specifically towards the voting options. Completely no intention of argueing
08/13/2017 8:37 am
Zitzabis
Bias means that they only have options that cast Minecraft in a negative light. Which means it will not fully capture the views of the community as it constrains them to one view.
08/18/2017 8:33 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
Lachie1770
I Dont see how its biased... I thought this was opionion, but I do agree tbh, One thing: This poll had sorta biased answers, but at the end of the day, I dont think Microsoft is gonna care what a few people have to say, they will keep doing what they like with the game as they Own it Lol
08/13/2017 5:26 pm
Chickens4Life
Yes i am aware of that, could you mention where i used it wrong so i could correct the statement please?

Thank you
08/13/2017 11:14 pm
Zitzabis
It's just where you said:

"Well its not entirely bias, the guy does have a vote on the bottom post which do show clearly that out of 4 options provided, Microsoft sucks, the bredrock engine versions suck, and the marketplace sucks is a clear winner."
08/11/2017 9:59 amhistory
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
Most of your information on the Bedrock version is false. Modding is alive and well on Bedrock, although the mod API is still in its infancy. A full mod API is confirmed to be coming, which will be more flexible than Forge. From what I've read, it will support nearly every feature Forge has, with the addition of version inter-compatibility.

Authorized sellers (AKA large content creators with business licenses) will be able to sell content on the Marketplace, but most will stick to the regular methods of distribution - posting on PMC, MCF, MCPEDL, etc. The only thing the Marketplace really does is give large creators (Noxcrew, Hypixel(?), etc.) the exposure they, in all honesty, deserve.

With the Bedrock version...
  • Resource packs are a one-click install
  • Maps are a one-click install
  • Shaders are natively supported through resource packs
  • The game runs more efficiently
  • People will be able to play together, regardless of the device they're on*
    *With the exception of PlayStation, since Sony is still not on board with cross-play

08/13/2017 1:13 am
Zelkia
Well, you're right about this. It's possible we'll have to give it time to simply grow. At the moment though, it IS inferior to Java Edition modding. Due to the fact that, well, it's made in Java, which is significantly easier to code for and mod.
08/14/2017 8:40 pm
Level 47 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
It's actually a fair bit easier to mod in Bedrock, but that's mostly due to the current limited capabilities. You can change the behavior and game models for existing content using JSON files, but you can't add new content.
08/11/2017 3:39 am
Level 1 : New Network
Amaith
I don't fully agree with everything, but I do believe that Microsoft ruins everything it touches.

And sadly they touched Minecraft... In places that I would have to show you on a victim doll in a courtroom.
08/11/2017 3:42 am
Zelkia
The end of that post is amazing. And yeah, as a game Minecraft isn't the worst thing ever as it is, but Microsoft's control of it it the real problem for me.
08/11/2017 3:47 am
Amaith
Look, notch left right after the base game was done. The man was a lazy visionary. Microsoft is just trying to make money and we should be used to it. Now honestly what is the source of the best MC content? THE PLAYERS...or those the players pay to make the content. Who are usually players themselves. Microsatan should leave the game alone, allow free modding on all platforms and call it game. Even have server hosting and they could make an easy buck. But as we all know they don't make good choices.. I mean they can't even count right... 7, 8 ,8.1 , 10... -slow clap for Microsoft.-

And thank you for enjoying that last tid-bit from my previous reply.
08/11/2017 3:51 am
Zelkia
Microsatan, that's a good one. I'll remember that. And i don't think you're quite right about Notch, however. He left because he didn't create the game to become famous. He made the game to create a game, but it became huge, overwhelmingly so. So he left when he thought it was appropriate.
08/11/2017 3:56 am
Amaith
That's it though he made the game.. It was finished.
So why keep on adding bells and whistles?

The rest of the world has moved on and built off of MC but they are still using stone tools in the Iron era so to speak,

I say they should just move on and let players make MC into what they enjoy, not what a major corp. thinks they would enjoy.

Oh and here is another Microsoft slam. They are Micro-soft in the head. Not as potent but still enjoyable for a chuckle.
08/11/2017 10:25 am
Level 1 : New Miner
0_birb
I liked this only for that last remark
08/11/2017 4:37 am
Zelkia
That's pretty good. And yeah, exactly. He was finished with what he made, but they kept adding to it. Which is fine, considering that most players would complain with stopping development of the game, even despite the fact players can still add to it.
08/13/2017 8:43 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Guan_Yu007
Since Mojang got rid of metadata in 1.8, basically saying "fu" to creative builders, i've moved away from the vanilla game. Conquest Reforged is where it's at now for the creative playerbase.

As for survival, i guess it's still fun from time to time in vanilla.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome