Minecraft 1.16 Nether Update!whatshot

PMC's Avatar PMC β€’ 6/23/20 9:29 am history
90 emeralds 4.4k 104
10/19/2020 6:15 am
Pumpkinlover's Avatar Pumpkinlover

The Minecraft Nether update release date is June 23, 2020 on both Java Edition and Windows 10.... and it's HERE! It's finally here! After months and months of waiting, the NETHER Update is now OUT and ready to play!!! With new biomes, blocks and mobs, you'll be busy exploring the underworld dimension for hours on end. The Nether now contains even more treasures and resources, giving you more recipes, challenges and goals to conquer. If you didn't visit the Nether before (or you think it's too boring) you'll definitely want to visit it now! Like, right now. Before you do, read this article so you know what to expect. Or don't. You daredevil, you.

🌳 NEW BIOMES!

CRIMSON FOREST

Crimson is another word for "Red" so it's no surprise that this biome is red-themed! Red also means danger, so tread lightly!

Huge fungi with weeping vines appear to make up the "trees" of this biome. The floor is covered in crimson Nylium with crimson roots growing, which you can't miss when entering this biome!

Hoglins wander these forests, you might spot them through the bright red fog!

File:Crimson Forest.pngCrimson Forest

SOULSAND VALLEY
This biome are LARGE cages composed mostly of Soul Sand and Soul Soil. You'll find Basalt pillars from floor to ceiling and fossil remains of unknown creatures!

What's that over there?! Is that a....skeleton?! Could hardley make it out with all of this ash falling in the air!

This biome offers a blue glow, making it inviting but also a bit eerie at the same time.

File:NetherCaveUpdate.png
Soulsand Valley

WARPED FOREST
You'll first notice the bright blue blocks beneath you - that's warped nylium carpets! New vegitation like warped stems and fungi can be found here! Similarly to the Crimson Valley, HUGE Warped Fungi make up the "trees" of this forest! Shroomlight light up the forest floor. Warped spores travel through the air.

This biome is the least hostile place of the three!

Note: The NETHER BIOME is now called Nether Wastes.

File:BlueNether.png
Warped Forest

BASALT DELTAS

The volcanic biome called Basalt Deltas were added to the Nether, for a total of 4 different, dark, and dazzling depths to explore!

Composed mostly of basalt and blackstone mountains, you'll find lava lakes magma blocks, and basalt columns along your travels through this lilac hazed biome. You'll encounter fortresses and caves filled with quartz ore, and see ghasts and striders wandering through the fog!

The falling white ashes and purple fog may seem a bit more inviting that other Nether Biomes, but don't be fooled; basalt deltas are challenging biomes!

File:Basalt Deltas.pngBasalt Deltas

crop_square
NEW NETHER BLOCKS!
  • Blue Fire a variant of fire (pictured right) that gernerates in the soulsalnd valley. Fire lit of soul soil will be blue fire regardless of dimension
  • Respawn Anchor sets the player's spawn point in the Nether and can be charged by right clicking on it with glowstone!
  • Nether Gold Ore A variant of gold ore found in the Nether!
  • Target Blocks emit a redstone signal when shot with an arrow. You can craft target blocks cab ve crafted with 4 redstone and a haybale!
  • Nether Fungi two variants: Crimson and Warped. Bone meal grows them and can be used to breed hoglins!
  • Crimson and Warped Stem new wood-like materials; that make up the trunks in the netherwart forest
  • Soul Soil generates in the soulsand valley alongside soul sand. burns blue with a blue flame whenever fire burns on it. Also can be used to craft Soul Torches which can be crafted into Soul Lantern
  • Basalt found as pillars in the soul Sand Valleys. Can be placed in any direction.
  • Warped Wart Block variant of the nether wart block and generates in the warped forest as part of the Nether trees.
  • Shroomlight a new natural light source! Resemples glowstone
  • Crimson and Warped Nylium grows on top of netherrack, and resembles grass blocks. Comes in red and blue.
  • Weeping Vines grow from the bottom of a block downwards
  • Ancient Debris spawns low and can be used to make Netherite.
  • Chiseled nether bricks are created with two nether brick slabs
  • Cracked nether bricks new variant of Nether Bricks and can be obtained by smelting Nether bricks in a furnace
  • Quartz bricks are a cosmetic block crafted with 4 blocks of quarts
  • Blackstone is an entire new set of stone blocks and include regular, polishes and polished brick variants! This new stone can be used to craft stone tools and furnaces.
  • Gilded Blackstone has chance of dropping gold nuggets when mined with a pickaxe, otherwise it will drop itself. Piglins will become hostile towards you if you break this stone. Naturally generates in Bastion Remnants and be found in chests!
  • Lodestone is crafted from Netherite Ingot and chiseled stone bricks. This new block helps you get your bearings and uses the enchant and potion glint. Compasses can me used on lodestones to make them point to the stones
  • Chain can only be found in the Bastions. Can also be crafted using 2 iron nuggets and 1 iron ingot in a vertical line formation. See Bastion Remnants for photo of recipe.
  • Crimson and Warped Nylium variants of netherrack.

chai
      Crimson Nylium JE1 BE1.png
      Crimson Nylium
      Warped Nylium JE1 BE1.png
      Warped Nylium

Lodestone

Quartz Bricks

Blackstone

Polished Blackstone

Soul Fire JE1.gif
      Blue Fire Variant

Respawn Anchor
      Nether Gold Ore JE2 BE1.png
      Nether Gold Ore

Target JE1 BE1.png
      Target Block

Crimson Stem

Warped Wart

Basalt

Shroomlight

Chiseled Nether Brick

Cracked Nether Brick

Chiseled Polished Blackstone

Gilded Blackstone

NETHERITE
      Netherite is the highest-level material and you can use to upgrade your diamond gear! Who would've thought that DIAMONDS could be upgraded...and if you couldn't tell, it's found in the Nether!

Items made with Netherrite last longer and work faster (i.e. TOOLS) and do more damage (i.e. WEAPONS).
      • items float in lava
      • Weapons do more damage than a diamont and armor has higher toughness and durability.
      • armor made of Netherite gives you knockback resistance, so you barely get knocked back at all!
      Alright I must need it but how do I make it?!

First, you must mine Ancient Debris in the depths of the nether. Then refine it in a Furnace to make Netherite Scrap!

The recipe is: 4 Nether Scrap + 4 Gold Ignots = Netherite Ingot!

Netherite

Press play before reading about the Bastions!

pigstep [​music disc exclusively found in bastion remnants]

BASTION REMNANTS
      These new structures can be found in all Nether biomes with the exception of Basalt Deltas! Think of them as nether castles that generate 4 types of structures. They include:

• Bridges! You'll know you've come across one when you see it becuase it looks like a piglin with a face carved into it. Enter inside to discover multiple levels of walkways surrounded by lava.
        • Hoglin Stables consist of an open cavity with damaged hoglin stables on either side.
        • Housing Units consist of a central courtyard with nether wart growing in the middle, surrounded by multiple ruined towers
        • Treasure Rooms that consist of a large wall with a bridge leading to a treasure room where you can find a center loot area and magma cube spawner. Chests may contain enchanted netherite gear and center loot ara can contain a nether wart farm or blocks of gold!
        • Chains are a new block that can be found in the Bastion Remnants.

Bastion remnants are the only place where the Pigstep music disc, the piglin banner pattern, chains, and netherite gear can be found naturally.

crafting recipe for chain. Chain can be found in bastions.

RUINED PORTALS
                  These mysterious structures can be found in all biomes, underground as well as underwater. They generate as partial portals and with a chest that contain golden items alongside other items tused to build portals. There are 13 variants; 10 normal size and 3 larger.

Ruined Portal in the Nether

SOUL FIRE

A variant of the campfire with flames of souls! Crafted similarly to the original campfire, but instead of coal or charcoal, you'll be using should sand or soul soil. Soul fire burns forever and doesn't smother in the rain. You can use soulfire to craft torches and lanterns

Also note: original campfires can be crafted using stems and hyphae, a 1.16 20W13A update.

soulfire

pets NEW MOBS!

OH. MY. Gersh! Look at that HOGLIN, aka Piglin Beast! Yep, that's one of the NEW MOBS! You'll find them walking around aimlessly in the Crimson Forest in herds of 3 to 4 and are the main source of food in the Nether.

Striders
                  are also a new mob and can walk on the top surface of lava and be saddled. They're keen on the smell of warped fungi.

Snapshot 20W14A added the Zoglin, a zombigified Hoglin that can't be fed or bred unlike their Hoglin counterpart.

Strider Spawn Egg

Zoglin Spawn Egg

Baby Hoglin

Strider

Zoglin

🎢 NEW MUSIC

Who doesn't love a good tune?!
                  • Rubedo will be played in the Nether Wastes
                  • Chrysopoeia will be played in Crimson Forests
                  • So Below will be played in Soulsand Valleys and in Basalt Deltas
                  • Pigstep
                  Lena Raine is the composer of these spoopy sounds, and you can read more about her and her process for creating music for Minecraft in this article.

Rubedo

Chrysopoeia

So Below

....Now what?

Well, if you have a world that you've been working on in any version prior to 1.16 and you want to keep your world but you also want the super cool new Nether, have no fear! You can have the best of both worlds!

You just have to reset your Nether! Shireen created a short but sweet and helpful tutorial on how to do just that..

Be sure to backup your Minecraft World prior to resetting your Nether, just in case anything happens!

Want more?

The Nether update has it's own page on Minecraft.net!
                  You can also check out all of the new additions and specifics about almost everything in the 1.16 Update by visiting the Minecraft Wiki!

What's your favorite part of the Nether Update?

PMC
                  Support
                  Level 100 : Transcendent Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/04/2020 8:00 am
                  Level 17 : Journeyman Modder
                  Notta
                  I just love how everyone picks "All of it!" because it is true, it wasn't just "one" thing that made this update amazing it was all of it combined.
                  09/04/2020 7:33 am
                  Level 7 : Apprentice Warrior
                  pronetherite145
                  All of it with Netherite
                  09/04/2020 7:26 am
                  Level 11 : Journeyman Warrior
                  Gamewiz10
                  the basalt deltas is my favorite
                  08/01/2020 6:15 pm
                  Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
                  DafitYT
                  The crimson biome is so coolπŸ”₯
                  07/22/2020 11:24 am
                  Level 1 : New Miner
                  PandaBoio
                  It's great but it would've been better if they changed nether fortresses.
                  07/21/2020 5:55 am
                  Level 35 : Artisan Birb
                  Silent Times
                  builders : i have sooo many cool builds
                  the nether update
                  bulders : more cool builds are coming
                  07/15/2020 10:26 am
                  Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
                  TheGudGuy
                  Did u know u can light a Redstone lamp by connecting it with a target block and shoot the target block
                  07/10/2020 12:51 am
                  J_O_W_E_L_L_P
                  Yo tengo una pregunta ya salió la nueve versión la de NETHER para la playstore porque yo quiero la nueva versión de Minecraft pero el problema es que yo juego en celular pero no me aparece la actualización
                  ο»Ώhola
                  07/21/2020 7:00 pm
                  Level 50 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
                  WackyEarth
                  yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo yo tengo
                  07/01/2020 5:15 pm
                  Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
                  Tintilinic1912
                  I love all of it except i would like if the new piglin brute that is comming to 1.16.2 droped his gold shield when he died and that shield could be an item that you would equip in your 2nd hand and then the piglins would trust you but you could still wear your good armour
                  06/29/2020 9:47 pm
                  Helloo123
                  All of it
                  06/29/2020 9:23 am
                  Level 49 : Master Wolf
                  Wolf_with_Scarf
                  Pigstep be like: whatshotο»Ώ
                  06/29/2020 8:45 am
                  animagician
                  Great post! However, one mistake- warped fungus can'tbe used to breed Hoglins! Love your stuff anyway!
                  06/29/2020 8:04 am
                  Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
                  Miniaurther59
                  I wish there's going to be an end update
                  07/15/2020 10:28 am
                  TheGudGuy
                  Me too
                  06/29/2020 2:15 am
                  Level 2 : Apprentice System
                  Puppydoggo4006
                  You cousin made this but mojang desisted to make it an update
                  06/28/2020 7:38 pm
                  WackyEarth
                  i love how the chain in this post says ο»Ώchai
                  06/27/2020 12:00 pm
                  Level 9 : Apprentice Princess
                  X_S_T_E_V_E_X
                  Mojang really went all out for this update, I love all of the new features.
                  06/27/2020 1:10 am
                  Level 25 : Expert Dragon
                  Armok
                  Honestly, this hands down is my favorite update yet for MC. Not only has it added probably my most favorite block in minecraft, but also my favorite set of equipment. And honestly, a nether overhaul update was something we've been needing for a while now. now we just need an underground update and I might actually be able to get back into minecraft for good :P
                  06/26/2020 7:51 pm
                  elizor
                  there should be netherite horse armor
                  07/01/2020 12:42 pm
                  TheGudGuy
                  ya ikr i wanted some but when i checked my creative inventory i was like noooooooooo 😭😭😭😭😭
                  06/26/2020 2:58 pm
                  Level 56 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
                  liIy
                  I absolutely ADORE the new pigstep music. Catchy, dramatic and spooky.
                  06/26/2020 2:04 pm
                  blackhawk71277
                  The new music has such an incredible atmosphere to it.
                  06/26/2020 12:24 pm
                  Level 66 : High Grandmaster Engineer
                  TheGayerest
                  There's no mention of the Respawn Anchor here. Someone get on that
                  06/26/2020 12:34 pmhistory
                  Level 100 : Transcendent Cake
                  PMC
                  done, appreciate the heads up :)
                  06/26/2020 11:57 am
                  Level 36 : Artisan Ranger
                  Ninten gamer
                  Laterboss if you put a bed in the nether you will die
                  06/26/2020 12:21 pm
                  Level 32 : Artisan Crafter
                  LaterBoss
                  i know
                  06/26/2020 11:25 am
                  Level 32 : Artisan Crafter
                  LaterBoss
                  I am moving toooooooooooooooooooo the NETHER
                  06/28/2020 4:32 pm
                  Level 9 : Apprentice Princess
                  X_S_T_E_V_E_X
                  My hero
                  06/25/2020 8:40 pm
                  Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
                  Jozum5
                  you need like full diamond armor
                  06/25/2020 5:13 pm
                  Level 11 : Journeyman Taco
                  Teddysol7
                  can i do none of it????
                  06/25/2020 4:07 pm
                  Level 28 : Expert Taco
                  TriggeredTaco
                  ah yes the piglins
                  10/12/2020 10:43 amhistory
                  Level 28 : Expert Taco
                  TriggeredTaco
                  ahhh this was so long ago i feel so old now
                  06/25/2020 1:25 am
                  Level 30 : Artisan Architect
                  krulsuw23
                  06/25/2020 12:36 am
                  Level 14 : Journeyman Artist
                  finchie
                  i like the crimson forests
                  06/24/2020 10:17 pm
                  Level 23 : Expert Artist
                  WoofDoggensten
                  I would love to try out the Nether update! Unfortunately, OptiFine 1.16.1 isn't released yet, and because I have a somewhat low-end laptop, it would be laggy if I played it by itself.
                  06/28/2020 7:42 pm
                  WackyEarth
                  I have a dell computer but it can't run Minecraft with optifine, but with optifine, it kinda runs smoothly, even though for hours of playing Minecraft, my dell computer blasts air out like its screaming because of the heating temperature
                  06/24/2020 9:51 pm
                  NobodyIsHere
                  I LOVE THE NETHER UPDATE!! For me, the java is on 1.16.1! There's just one thing I don't like, you can't get any MODS yet!
                  06/25/2020 12:17 am
                  Level 26 : Expert Modder
                  Peeet
                  There are plenty of fabric mods already out there :D
                  06/24/2020 10:01 pm
                  NobodyIsHere
                  Nether Update isn't snapshot anymore.
                  06/24/2020 9:26 pm
                  DendogGamez
                  Nice
                  06/24/2020 10:02 pm
                  NobodyIsHere
                  Yep.
                  06/24/2020 4:46 pm
                  Level 7 : Apprentice Fisherman
                  Fishin-Chips
                  I'm just loving that striders don't just walk, they do a little waddle. It's so cute riding them and watching from behind.
                  06/24/2020 9:52 pm
                  NobodyIsHere
                  I know, they're so cute!
                  06/24/2020 3:20 pm
                  Level 1 : New Crafter
                  TheWatchingOne
                  I'm glad the nether is now a more interesting place to be. I'm now actually interested in exploring, and can't wait to see what lava filled situations I find myself in.
                  06/24/2020 10:00 pm
                  NobodyIsHere
                  Yeah, I used to play Minecraft on an Xbox 360 (Never gets updates) & it had NO nether ore, so the only point of the nether was just exploring, getting blocks, & killing mobs. Then I play 1.15.2-1.16, & now I play version 1.16.1.
                  06/24/2020 1:01 pm
                  Level 44 : Master Procrastinator
                  _JoeCool_
                  Holy shoot, there's a lot going on. Can't wait for 1.17 (If it's gonna happen)!
                  06/24/2020 9:57 pm
                  NobodyIsHere
                  Since 1.16 is the Nether update, I think they should do an END update & add new mobs, ore & basically similar but different updates. They should also make a cave ore update (copper ore, ruby ore, amethyst ore, etc)!
                  10/19/2020 6:15 am
                  Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
                  Pumpkinlover
                  dude you saw the future
                  06/24/2020 1:00 pmhistory
                  Level 54 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
                  FishyBusiness
                  The lodestone description has a typo
                  I think you missed a letter spelling chain when listing new blocks :)
                  In the netherite description, diamond is replaced with diamont (wonder what that is)
                  Continuing with netherite the recipe has a typo including gold 😰
                  Ruined portals I believe also has a typo πŸ‘€

I'm sure there are more typos but that's what I could find
                  I'm really excited to play with all the new stuff! I could listen to pigstep forever! Quartz brick also looks amazing!
                  Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
                  www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome