1

Is This OK?

ABigFatTomato •8/28/16 8:00 pm
•
2.9k
•
9/7/2016 11:18 pm
I spent the beginning of today working on a pixel art character, which I call The Wanderer. is it ok?





And some variants:


Vizard


Hovering


Hovering Vizard
Posted by
ABigFatTomato
Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
371

  Have something to say?

Join • Sign in

64

astrashira
• 09/06/2016 6:44 am
• Level 25 : Expert Prince
Ooh! Pretty good pixel art there m8
It reminds me of homestuck a bit but idk I haven't read that for months now
But eh, it also reminds me of Starbound and Star Wars lol
Keep on doing pixel art, cause it's a great way to start your art journey c:
Trust me, I know.

I also like your shading, it's pretty precise and awesome
You're pretty good at everything lol
1
ABigFatTomato
• 09/07/2016 11:18 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
thank you!
1
Rachel_Alucard
• 09/06/2016 6:08 am
• Level 21 : Expert Princess
Impressive!
1
ABigFatTomato
• 09/07/2016 11:17 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
Thanks!
1
Govindas
• 09/06/2016 5:21 am
• Level 24 : Expert Prince
it looks awesome, you are really good at pixel art.
1
ABigFatTomato
• 09/07/2016 11:16 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
Thank you!
1
ABigFatTomato
• 09/05/2016 11:40 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
bump!
1
smallbrains
• 09/02/2016 11:16 pm
• Level 11 : Journeyman Blacksmith
Very nice! (: keep up the good work!
1
ABigFatTomato
• 09/03/2016 2:21 am
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
Thanks, I will!
1
Sensei_Jayway
• 08/31/2016 1:00 am
• Level 41 : Master Pokémon
They're pretty good! I do like the normal wanderer and the hovering one, but the vizard variants could be improved.
1
ABigFatTomato
• 09/01/2016 12:33 am
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
cool
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/30/2016 11:21 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
bump
1
HippyKat
• 08/29/2016 8:41 pm
• Level 42 : Master uwu
These are incredible
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/29/2016 10:56 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
Thanks!
1
Punkamoar
• 08/29/2016 2:59 pm
• Level 56 : Grandmaster Musician
That hovering one is legit.
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/29/2016 3:01 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
whaddya mean?
1
Punkamoar
• 08/29/2016 3:05 pm
• Level 56 : Grandmaster Musician
it's awesome
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/29/2016 3:48 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
oh. Cool!
1
Hearts Glow
• 08/29/2016 2:51 pm
• Level 28 : Expert Pony
I think it's pretty cute. I love his little eyes and legs.
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/29/2016 2:58 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
Cool!
1
Calendar Man
• 08/29/2016 1:16 pm
• Level 46 : Master Sweetheart
These are pretty cool!

I don't understand how having a skull on the face counts as a visor.
Then again, when I hear the word visor I think of Cyclops of the X-Men, or Geordi La Forge.
Click to reveal

Click to reveal
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/29/2016 1:54 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
I meant Vizard, but it autocorrected
1
Calendar Man
• 08/29/2016 2:16 pm
• Level 46 : Master Sweetheart
Oh, that happens to all of us!
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/29/2016 1:06 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
Added Vizard and Hovering variants!
1
Monotone
• 08/29/2016 10:21 am
• Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Try adding a shadow underneath the character if you want to make him floaty ^-^
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/29/2016 10:52 am
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
Ok!
1
Stubbs1
• 08/29/2016 8:52 am
He/Him • Level 75 : Legendary uwu Senpai
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/29/2016 10:21 am
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
Thank you!
1
FangWolf156
• 08/29/2016 7:24 am
• Level 1 : New Crafter
I like it! Looks like a jawa and way better then my pixel art
1
Fireflux
• 08/29/2016 7:14 am
• Level 1 : New Explorer
That looks really well done, actually...



in fact, reminds me of this guy from final fantasy 4
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/29/2016 10:19 am
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
It really dos look like that!
1
SuperSecretFakeAccount
• 08/29/2016 7:07 am
• Level 18 : Journeyman Scribe
Took the legs off real quick. It looks pretty good.


Also, slightly off topic pixel art stuff:
Click to reveal
I've literally had this in my favorite bar for like half a year. Its pretty sweet.
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/29/2016 10:18 am
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
It does look pretty good
1
Caporal Dxl
• 08/29/2016 7:47 am
• Level 39 : Artisan Ranger
YEAH! There we go
1
Caporal Dxl
• 08/29/2016 2:18 am
• Level 39 : Artisan Ranger
Why don't you make him floating, without legs
I don't know if someone said this before me.

Other than that, this is pretty cool (and creepy). Could even be used in some video game of sorts
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/29/2016 10:17 am
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
Honestly i was considering that, but my intention was to make a post apocalyptic wanderer. I might remove the legs, but add something to keep him afloat
1
CommanderHusky
• 08/29/2016 2:07 am
• Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
The original legs are like the exact same though, like legit, its almost a completely exact base...
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/29/2016 10:14 am
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
Actually theyre not
1
CommanderHusky
• 08/29/2016 12:52 am
• Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
Looks good for something from a tutorial on Game Maker games

EDIT : This is the EXACT link for this tutorial and stuff :L You should at-least credit the guy who made the base...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o8OzyFl5gM
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/29/2016 12:58 am
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
Heres the thing, i knew what i was gonna make. I knew i was making a shadowy figure in a brownish tan cloth cloak. I knew how to make the hood. I knew what i wnated the body to look like. I briefly saw that, and just looked at how the cloak was shaded. I never clicked on it. I didnt watch that. If youre thinking that the cloak is going in the same direction, i have a reason. For some reason, when i do pixel art, or skins, i always make the highlights on the right side. So thats where the sun is. And i decided that thats where the wind is coming from. So i decided to make my wanderer walking into the wind. Thats why he is facing the right. Thats where the highlights would be. So thats why the cloak is blowing the other way
1
Anxiety Opossum
• 08/29/2016 12:45 am
• Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Nice! I like the shading in the cloth folds.
1
Punkamoar
• 08/28/2016 10:38 pm
• Level 56 : Grandmaster Musician
I like it.
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/28/2016 10:41 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
cool
1
Torrum
• 08/28/2016 10:31 pm
• Level 24 : Expert Toast
Hmmm it looks like a Jawa or the monster thing from Over the Garden Wall.
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/28/2016 10:39 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
is that good or bad?
1
Torrum
• 08/28/2016 11:10 pm
• Level 24 : Expert Toast
Thats good xD
1
ABigFatTomato
• 08/28/2016 11:47 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
Cool
1
Sardonyx
• 08/28/2016 10:33 pm
• Level 51 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
The Beast? I could see that if he had mummy wrapping things on him
1
Torrum
• 08/28/2016 11:11 pm
• Level 24 : Expert Toast
M8 its whats on the inside that matters.
1
Xevion
• 08/28/2016 8:51 pm
• Level 1 : New Explorer
Remove the highlight.
Do not use the pure black.
Make the feet a bit more sharper and moderately smaller.
Pretty much what everyone else said.

This is quite cool though.
Reminds me of Starbound.
1

Welcome