Fred's Avatar Fred11/29/14 9:08 pm
2 emeralds 6.5k 45
12/5/2014 2:39 pm
Deeno's Avatar Deeno
Kefka's Skin: Space Paladin

uPro's Skin: Boxing Oompa Loompa
Fred
Level 59 : Grandmaster Lad

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/01/2014 4:30 pm
Level 81 : Elite Witch
Crescendo
[yt]www.youtube.com/watch?v=20UhjXpFX_c[/yt]

Apologies if that works I just couldn't stop myself.

You both made really good skins c: both unique to the way that YOU shade/style- I don't see anything wrong with that ^_^b
12/01/2014 4:16 pm
Fred
I lost, oh well haha. Good battle Kefka good look with the rest of the season!
12/02/2014 6:52 pm
Level 89 : Elite War Lord
Kefka
thanks UPro... GG man
12/01/2014 2:40 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Batman
taterman88
Kefka
taterman88
Kefka
I see nothing wrong with using the same styles, it would be hard to find a skinner that doesn't.

Not that hard. What about tater?

shhhhh.....your ruining my argument.

Well that wasnt my intention. If I could I would like to speak boldly for a moment. IMO this nonsense with the "blue skin" is pretty ridiculous. That particular blue skin is part of a set of 3 which are all very similar and it's actually the least popular of the three. The most popular is nearing 30,000 downloads and 600 diamonds. Collectively that set has well over 100,000 views. It's not like Kefka stole that particular style, he developed it with hard work, and it is a winning formula. I don't think it looks like a recolor at all and I'm surprised anyone even mentioned that. No offence to uPro or my rosstafarian brother Zitzabis as I have a lot of respect for them and they are both amazing artists, but neither of them are in the same league as Kefka, nor am I, as few are. The numbers alone speak for themselves. I'm not idolizing him. He is just a man and KnobleKnives would kick his ass with his brilliant use of color and halucid would smoke him and Roobus would have a good shot with his crazy illusion designs and use of hat layer, but busting out pictures of his older super successful skins seems ridiculous.

Really not trying to be disrespectful. I love you guys. Just stating my opinion.
12/01/2014 1:05 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Kefka
taterman88
Kefka
I see nothing wrong with using the same styles, it would be hard to find a skinner that doesn't.

Oh, and don't forget PureNerd.
12/01/2014 12:14 pm
Kefka
taterman88
Kefka

12/01/2014 11:49 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Batman
taterman88
Kefka

12/01/2014 1:14 am
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
Kefka
Anyone that compares these two skins in 3d can clearly see that they are in no way recolors...they both happen to be made by the same skinner that uses this style.

I agree with Kefka on this one.

KefkaYeah, but the whole "same idea" thing doesn't make sense either, uPro has done two other boxer skins before this one. Isn't that the same idea that he has done before too?

uPro's boxer idea has been used multiple times, I agree. But I'm not saying a repeat is a bad thing! A wise user once said to me:
AnonymousI would rather give a diamond to a unique skin

Sadly, I didn't feel that yours was overly unique. Just a matter of opinion.
12/01/2014 12:45 am
Kefka
pikamoar
The difference is, you were using almost the same design/layout of the skin, whereas uPro was using the same shading. So, we're talking about two different things here. Styles and shading are different, yet you're treating them like the same thing.
Observe below. Both use the same shading, but are very different in design:
Whereas, your skins use very similar layouts, almost as if they're recolors of a single skin.

Anyone that compares these two skins in 3d can clearly see that they are in no way recolors...they both happen to be made by the same skinner that uses this style.
11/30/2014 10:43 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
Kefka: I like the skin, it looks good, but I'm not a fan of it.
If I can be blunt, it's just gradient shading with a really good palette. While this doesn't mean it looks bad, it just...doesn't have that flare that uPros has.

I prefer uPros because of that shading pattern; it isn't "well if I put a dark color here, the next one should go above/beside it" . A decent amount of thought had to be put into "well where do I put the highlight?" . It's quirky, it's different and is interesting.
11/30/2014 10:03 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
PureNerd
Pikamoar
PureNerd
Don't do that, vote for which ever one you like better, Don't pitty the losing side because the whole point of this poll is to decide which is better
Only reason i would've was because i liked both equally. But I have decided, but i'm going to keep my vote private

If you like them both equally and can't decided don't vote,
and why keep your vote a secret? No ones gonna judge you for it, besides I already know who you voted for so if it's because you think I'll disagree because of why you made the choice, than I assure you, I won't. Your vote is your vote
Its just that i've done the entire said who i'm voting for thing before, and i almost ruined a friendship by doing it. I've learned to not. You might say that it's silly, and it was, but i don't like putting things like that up, i'd rather keep it secret, and call it good
11/30/2014 7:49 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Batman
PureNerd
Pikamoar
PureNerd
PikamoarAw darn it, I was going to vote for the loser

Don't do that, vote for which ever one you like better, Don't pitty the losing side because the whole point of this poll is to decide which is better
Only reason i would've was because i liked both equally. But I have decided, but i'm going to keep my vote private

If you like them both equally and can't decided don't vote,
and why keep your vote a secret? No ones gonna judge you for it, besides I already know who you voted for so if it's because you think I'll disagree because of why you made the choice, than I assure you, I won't. Your vote is your vote
11/30/2014 7:38 pm
Punkamoar
PureNerd

11/30/2014 7:11 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
Kefka
Zitzabis

Oops, I guess I wasn't clear enough on what I was meaning. My point was that the idea didn't waver enough from Kefka's past skins. I have no issue with the shading style! In fact...
ZitzabisKefka wins for execution and shading.

I was just expecting a new idea and not sticking with the safe idea.

Oh and Kefka, please don't feel that I'm hating on you. I just feel that people idolize you a bit much sometimes, so a bit of feedback is always a good thing.

yeah, but the whole "same idea" thing doesn't make sense either, UPro has done two other boxer skins before this one. Isn't that the same idea that he has done before too?

Two wrongs don't make a right.
11/30/2014 7:10 pm
Kefka
Zitzabis

Oops, I guess I wasn't clear enough on what I was meaning. My point was that the idea didn't waver enough from Kefka's past skins. I have no issue with the shading style! In fact...

Oh and Kefka, please don't feel that I'm hating on you. I just feel that people idolize you a bit much sometimes, so a bit of feedback is always a good thing.

yeah, but the whole "same idea" thing doesn't make sense either, UPro has done two other boxer skins before this one. Isn't that the same idea that he has done before too?
11/30/2014 11:48 am
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
planetblox2000
Gotta go with Kefka on this one. The shading looks much cleaner and the use of layers is fantastic.
11/30/2014 10:43 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
_Kiyoshi Ryu_
Kefka FTW
11/30/2014 4:31 am
Level 20 : Expert Goblin
FunkyGoblin
uPro wins my vote, not too sure about the chest shading but the originality and design is superior.
11/30/2014 4:27 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ludicrous
Kefka's skin just looks cleaner and a bit more well executed then uPro's.

I'm sorry, but I'm on Kefka's side.

But uPro gains the upper-hand with concept. Can't say I like his shading though...

But the main reason why uPro gets my vote is because I've seen Kefka use pretty much that exact same skin style in the past.

vs.

But he did have minor changes, not big one to differentiate each other, but this new one has more details than the old blue one.
11/30/2014 4:15 am
Zitzabis
Kefka wins for execution and shading.
But uPro gains the upper-hand with concept. Can't say I like his shading though...

But the main reason why uPro gets my vote is because I've seen Kefka use pretty much that exact same skin style in the past.

vs.
11/30/2014 11:35 am
Kefka
Compare those two skins in 3d and you will see that they are very different.
If I used the same critique with UPro's skin, I can not only find the same style in many of his skins, I can find plenty of other skins from other skinners that use that same style. I see nothing wrong with using the same styles, it would be hard to find a skinner that doesn't.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/boxing-oompa-loompa/

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/leonardo-3104998/

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/selfy/

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/god-of-youth-and-perfection-usc-week-1/

http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/candy-cane-cavalry-soldier-contest/
12/01/2014 12:02 am
Punkamoar
The difference is, you were using almost the same design/layout of the skin, whereas uPro was using the same shading. So, we're talking about two different things here. Styles and shading are different, yet you're treating them like the same thing.

Observe below. Both use the same shading, but are very different in design:

Whereas, your skins use very similar layouts, almost as if they're recolors of a single skin.
11/30/2014 11:58 am
PureNerd
Omg, I hate my old skins
Kefka's correct, that style is very popular, Foxhound and XDinsanity also use this style, besides the design and style is all Kefka's, when you see one of these skins you know he made it, style shouldn't be a negative, I see it as a positive
11/30/2014 6:00 pm
Zitzabis

11/30/2014 11:52 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Archer
Ghei
You just got Kefka'd!
11/30/2014 4:07 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Lad
rotarydial
Both are very nice, but I feel like Kefka made better use of the palette. It was a hard decision though
11/30/2014 4:02 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cowboy
Jex_Infinite
Kefka pulling some sick as armour moves. I have yet to see something that impresses me more than that armour.
11/30/2014 3:50 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
LouizZ
Kefka - much better shading and use of all layers.
11/30/2014 3:47 am
Level 81 : Elite Witch
Crescendo
I feel like me voting would be way too biased here :/ so I won't >.< it's so tight!
11/30/2014 3:34 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Answer
DylzCraft
The score all is all tied up
All though I have to say that I enjoy Kefka's skin more.
11/30/2014 3:28 am
WTFshady
Both skins are awesome and the score is a tie.... why?!
11/30/2014 3:27 am
Level 76 : Legendary Button Pusher
DragonsDungeon
Going uPro for the greatness of the skin, it just feels better in my eyes.
11/30/2014 1:49 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero
Runninlikcraz
They both look and are magnificent, but if I were to choose one to wear, it would be Kefka's because it looks cool (I'm into skins that look like knights and such)
11/30/2014 1:45 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster uwu
Ash
Definitely uPro. Sick shading there, brah.
11/30/2014 1:20 am
Level 82 : Elite Technomancer
Drazile
uPro for originality.
12/05/2014 2:39 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Gent
Deeno
Totally agreed, that's why I voted for uPro.
11/30/2014 12:37 am
funny bunny
I am voting for Kefka becaus I can see what his skin is used for more than uPro's skin. I have nothing against you, just that I can understand Kefka's skin more.
11/30/2014 1:29 am
Fred
Lol what?
11/30/2014 12:00 pm
funny bunny
Sorry, I realise how hard it is to understand what I wrote. What I meant is that I like Kefka's skin more than yours.
11/30/2014 2:25 pm
Kefka
better explanation
11/30/2014 12:32 am
PureNerd

11/29/2014 9:33 pm
Punkamoar
Aw darn it, I was going to vote for the loser, since i cannot decide. But of course its a tie, so for now, i'm going to abstain

And now i've decided, i'm not going to vote. Gosh darn it seriously guys, making it hard everytime
11/29/2014 9:22 pm
Level 48 : Master Blockhead
Happs
Both are great skins, shading-wise, and both have great concepts, yet I'm going with uPro's because a boxing Oompa Loompa is much funnier to me and well, that sways me x)
11/29/2014 9:19 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
Dr_2k
Both are very detailed and magnificent…This is a hard decision..
11/29/2014 9:11 pm
Level 40 : Master Button Pusher
Meluii
Hmm..
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome