PMC Fighter II

Carcharodontosaurus's Avatar Carcharodontosaurus11/15/21 8:53 pm history
31 emeralds 2.6k 202
3/9/2022 1:35 pm
Carcharodontosaurus's Avatar Carcharodontosaurus

Welcome to PMC Fighter II
(Electric wind god fist boogaloo)

This contest is not like your usual skinning contest. Here, the placement of your skin is decided by the power of its punch.

The winner of the tournament takes with him/her a custom trophy, and 10$ on Steam!

Welcome back to the 2nd season of PMC Fighter! For this contest you must make a fighter. You will distribute stat-points to this fighter, which will be used once the contest starts. Once all the entrants have been found, random brackets of "fights" will be set up. For these fights, you must choose a combo to use against your opponent. All depending on the combo you and your opponent chose, and your stat points, one will be KO'ed. Whoever delivers the KO, survives and goes to fight in the next bracket. Sounds complicated? The rules will be explained in more detail below.

Qualifying for the contest

To qualify for the contest, you must make an original fighter with a backstory. You must make it clear in the skin itself, that your character is here to fight and not to eat hotdogs or give hugs... unless it is hugs of death. Give it boxing-gloves, or big angry eyebrows, anything really that would make you think "This fool could be in a fighting game". The quality of the skin matters not, as long as I can tell it is actually a fighter. The backstory should be connected to the tournament. Why is your character fighting? What is he/she fighting for? Is the character on some personal vendetta perhaps?... Maybe even against another fighter in the tournament? Is it just for the monitas perhaps? Are they doing it for someone they love? Or perhaps they just love a good ol' brawl? I don't know. You know though. I'd probably fight in order to mark my territory. I have a very big harem.

Stat sheet and combo moves

So this is where you gotta listen carefully. Every character has a MINIMUM of 15 HP before attributes are distributed. You have to distribute 25 stat points to your character. There are 4 attributes:

StrengthDecides the strength of your attacks. For each point in Strength, your damage on punches is increased by 0.5 and damage for kicks is increased by 1.
SpeedDecides who lands their move first. If both you and your opponent attack at the same height, then whoever has the most Speed lands the move. If one is ducking and one is standing in mid-height, the ducking fighter lands the move obviously.
HardinessHardiness decides your health. For each point in Hardiness, your health is increased by 2.5 .
WrestlingDecides whether or not you can grapple your opponent, and gives more damage to your grapples. Should your opponent grapple at the same time as you, whoever has the highest Wrestling stat gets to do the grapple, it is NOT determined by Speed. For each point in Wrestling, your damage on grapples is increased by 1.

You may distribute a maximum of 10 points to each attribute. Now you need to understand the "combo".

So like in every fighting game, there are combos. For EACH fight, you must decide a combo of 4 move-sets BEFOREHAND, AND the combo should not be included in your description of the skin. Only the stats are included in your skin-description, while you will DM me your combo for each fight, so you cannot get counter-comboed. These combos may consist of a variety of movement actions:

Move forwardMakes you move forward.
DashDash makes you move forward and your next attack gains bonus damage equivalent to half your Speed, but ONLY if you don't get hit in the process. Can only be done if you aren't attacking at the same time.
Move backwardsMakes you move backwards. If both you and the opponent move backwards, you're out of range to attack, meaning nobody lands an attack on that move.
ParryParrying incoming attacks from same height as you, except from grapples and flying kicks. Can only be done if you aren't attacking at the same time.

For each movement action OR attack action, you can also choose to adjust your height by either jumping or ducking. Jumping puts you in high-height, ducking in low-height, and if you're not jumping or ducking you're mid-height.

Jump (High-height)Places you in high-height. When attacking while jumping, you hit your opponent from high-height and mid-height. While jumping and attacking, your attack is unblockable, however; if you jump while attacking, your attack fails if your opponent attacks at the same time from mid-height, and while mid-air you take 50% bonus damage from regular punches, kicks and grapples.
Duck (Low-height)Puts you in low-height where you cannot get hit by high-height or mid-height attacks.
No movement alteration (Mid-height)Places you in mid-height, where you can take damage from mid-height, low-height and high-height.

In combination with a height-alteration, you may use an attack action, which can either be:

PunchDeals half of your Strength in damage. When punching against an attacking opponent, add 2 Speed to your punch when deciding who lands their attack. Punching is therefore often the fastest move you can do.
KickDeals your full Strength score in damage. It deals 50% increased Strength damage when jumping while kicking. It deals 50% decreased Strength damage when used while ducking, however while ducking you gain 2 Speed to your kick when deciding who lands their attack.
GrappleGrapples the opponent in a wrestling move for high damage. Grapples can be used on parrying opponents and grappling opponents. If your opponent punches or kicks when you decide to grapple, your get a -1 Speed disadvantage when deciding who lands their attack.

Now for some of the all new stuff for this season of PMC Fighter. You can instead of a regular attack action use a special move. HOWEVER, you may only use up to 2 special moves per fight, and you may ONLY use 1 special move per move-set. So REMEMBER: a maximum of 1 special move per move-set and a maximum of 2 special moves per fight. You do not have to use any special moves, it is optional. Here are the special moves you may choose from:

Note: The "+ Speed" under each Special Move title indicates the bonus Speed on the move in order to decide which of the opponents, that hit first. NOT bonus Speed damage. Bonus Speed damage only comes from Dash or from something else described in the Special Move description.

Uppercut
+2 Speed, Special Punch
Hits an opponent at the same height or a level above. So if you Duck, you can hit the opponent at either low- and mid-height. If you're at mid-height, you can hit the opponent at either mid-height and high-height. If an uppercut hits, it deals full Strength damage, and if your next move is a regular punch, it will go through no matter what your opponent's next move is.
Shin Kick
+2 Speed, Special Kick
Hits an opponent who's at either mid- or low-height. It can only be blocked if parried at low-height. If it hits, it deals half Strength damage and the opponent's leg is damaged, meaning their next kick will only deal half damage. This kick cannot be performed while jumping.
Death Fist
Special Punch
The opponent must be at the same height as you for this move to work. When performing a death-punch, you must always Dash before performing it. If it hits, it deals damage equal to twice your Strength, but you will not gain extra damage from Dash. If you Duck while performing this, it no longer deals twice your Strength in damage, but damage equal to your Strength. Also if you get hit during the Dash, the damage of this attack is halved.
Axe Kick
+1 Speed, Special Kick
This kick hits your opponent at any height, you will have to be either mid-height or Jumping to perform it (Jumping won't grant extra damage). If it hits, it deals half Strength damage to high-height, full Strength damage to mid-height, and twice your Strength in damage to low-height. Opponents at low-height cannot block this move.
Van Damme Crotch Punch
Special Punch
Go down in split and punch the opponent in the crotch. You cannot move forward or backwards while performing this move, and you need to Duck at the same time. The attack can only hit your opponent, if they're at mid-height. If it hits, deal two times your Strength in damage, but also reduce the damage by the amount of points your opponent has in Hardiness. If your opponent uses any attack that can hit you at low-height, you fail to perform the attack no matter your Speed and get hit.
Double Jab
+2 Speed, Special Punch
You punch twice in one move! So if the opponent lands an attack on you, you will at the very least land a punch right after. If the opponent is parrying, then none of the punches hit. Each punch deals damage equivalent to half your Speed.
Tiger Leap
Special Grab
You leap towards the target and grapple them. This can be done at any height. You must Dash before attacking with this move. The move counts as a grapple, and deals full Wrestling damage + Speed damage from Dash + Half your Hardiness as damage. If hit by any kick while performing this attack, the kick lands and you fail the attack.
Skull-Breaker
Special Grab
Perform this at any height. You allow yourself to be hit by the opponent (IF they choose to attack, that is), but you grab on to the limb they're attacking with, and you bash your skull against your opponent's. You deal half Wrestling damage + damage equivalent to half of your Hardiness + (10 - the Hardiness of your opponent). Meaning the lower the Hardiness your opponent has, the more damage this attack will deal.
Titan's Reach
+2 Speed, Special Kick
You must be mid-height to perform this move and your opponent must be mid- or high-height in order to be hit. You kick your opponent. It deals damage equal to half your Strength. However, if your opponent is moving forward while attacking or Dashing, you deal additional bonus damage equal to half your opponent's Hardiness + half your opponent's Speed.
Chokehold
Acts as a Regular Grab
This move counts as a regular grapple in both use and damage, however;
* If you land this move immediately after 1 successful grapple, deal an 50% bonus Wrestling damage.
* If you land this move immediately after 2 consecutive successful grapples, you choke your opponent unconscious, and you win the match.
Electric Wind God Fist
+3 Speed, Special Punch
A classic Tekken move. This special move requires you to use up an entire move-set (3 moves) to perform. On your first two moves of the move-set, you are not allowed to attack. Instead you have to Duck as a minimum on your first move, and Dash as a minimum on your second move. On the third move, you perform your Electric Wind God Fist, which hits the opponent at mid- or high-height. If you didn't get hit on the first two moves of this, you make an uppercut dealing full Strength damage + Speed damage from Dash + 2, and the next move you make will go through no matter what it is, as long as you aren't jumping. If you get hit at any of the two first moves, half the Strength damage goes away for this move, and if hit while Dashing, the Dash damage goes away.
Dirty MoveYou throw something into the eye of the opponent, maybe even spit on them who knows. You have to be at the same height of your opponent for this to land. It deals no damage, but if it hits, your move right after cannot be blocked or overruled by any other attack.
TauntYou taunt the opponent. It deals no damage. This can be done at any height, and the taunt lands no matter what, unless you get hit while taunting the enemy. If the taunt goes through, it reduces the damage of your opponent's next attack by 50%.

As another new feature to the contest, there are buffs!

RivalryIf your character has fought in the tournament before and lost to a specific opponent, your character will gain a +1 bonus to Strength while against that opponent.
DestroyerIf you knockout your opponent in 2 hits or less, gain a +1 Strength bonus for the next battle.
NinjaIf your character beats another fighter without taking any damage, you gain a +1 Speed bonus for your next battle.
BrawlerIf you win a fight based on points rather than a knock-out, you gain a +1 Hardiness bonus for the next battle.
BonebreakerIf you manage to land 3 grapples or more in a fight, you gain a +1 bonus to Wrestling for the next battle.

Putting together a combo

First off a couple of things you have to keep in mind;

* REMEMBER your combo is NOT to be seen by any other contestants of the contest, until the fight takes place.

* YOU HAVE TO DM your combo to me, and have it validated before you may use it in the contest. If you fail to get it validated before the beginning of the contest, you are disqualified immediately.

* IF YOU WIN A FIGHT you will need to DM me a new combo. The new combo can be the same as your last one if you want it to be, but that could possibly make your new combo more predictable for your opponent. So that's your call. Just remember though, that if you fail to send me a new valid combo (or fail to give me notice that you wish to use the last one), then you are disqualified.

Now to give an example of some combos.
Each player has 4 move-sets consisting of 3 moves each.

So a 4 move-set combo could for example be:

Player 1
1. Move Forward and Duck and Kick --> Dash and Duck --> Punch
2. Duck and Kick --> Grapple --> Duck and Parry
3. Uppercut --> Punch --> Jump and Parry
4. Dash and Jump --> Axe Kick --> Duck and Kick

Let's say an opponent's combo is:

Player 2
1. Dash --> Duck and Punch --> Parry
2. Kick --> Grapple --> Duck and Grapple
3. Dash and Jump --> Kick --> Jump and Kick
4. Punch --> Punch --> Duck and Parry

The fight would then go like this:

1. Player 1 ducks and kicks Player 2. Player 2's "Dash" now won't give bonus damage on his upcoming attack, as he was hit while dashing. Then Player 1 ducks and dashes, but Player 2 ducks and punches, landing a punch on Player 1. Then Player 1 punches mid-height, but Player 2 parries the attack.

2. Player 1 ducks and kicks Player 2, Player 2 misses their kick, cause they're kicking mid-height. Then both Players grapple each other; the player who gets to deal damage is determined on whoever has the highest Wrestling score. Then Player 2 ducks and grapples Player 1, as grapples go through "Parry".

3. Player 1 "Uppercuts" Player 2. Then Player 1 lands a punch on Player 2, as a regular punch right after an Uppercut goes through no matter what, as stated in the rule for this special move. Player 1 then jumps and parries but gets hit by a "flying kick" (A kick while jumping) by Player 2, which cannot be parried, but can be interrupted by any other attack that lands high-height or mid-height.

4. Player 2 lands a punch on Player 1, as a mid-height punch also lands on jumping targets. Player 1 and 2 then attack at the same time and height; whoever lands the attack is decided by who has the most speed. Player 2 then ducks and parries Player 1's low kick.

So with all that explained, here is how the contest works in full overview:

* Enter a skin with a backstory and a stat-sheet.
* DM me your combo for your first fight.
* Once the fighting rounds begin, the combos will be used. If you win your fight, you may use the same combo again for the next fight, or DM me a new one before your next fight begins. You win by either K.O.'ing the opponent, or you win by landing the most attacks, in case nobody gets K.O.'ed.

Entries

Turky Rocky
US marines

Dylan The Cyborg
CC and CB Official

Althea
Lumi_

Yaketsuku Tatsuya
ArcaneKnight

Chimera-Tron 2500.V
Chimerabot

Ion Fist
The ExiIed FeIIow

Shouriman
CAPTAIN_CALF

Ink Hunter
CORRUPTRO HUNTER CAT

Little Timmy - The Raging Redhead
SaraTheChef

MJ
MJ_mcMaster

Oceanthunder
KaiOceansword

BlackNinjaSZ
cacachdk

Monkey Warrior Spruce
yoshiciao

Thunderfist
mythicaldream69

[url=www.planetminecraft.com/skin/stealth-phant-iii/ ]Stealth Phant[/url]
DinowCookie

Mr. Clay
Ivango

Enter by linking your submission in the comments of this thread. I will then decide if it qualifies. Depending on how many that enters, I will make a bracket of suitable size for the tournament to begin.

DEADLINE *PROLONGED*: NEED AT LEAST 1 MORE FIGHTER TO FILL A 16-MAN ROSTER. OTHER FIGHTERS ARE WELCOME TOO! YOU HAVE TILL THE 15TH OF MARCH.

Carcharodontosaurus
Level 59 : Grandmaster Fish