What do you "Hate" about the Vilage and Pillage Update (1.14)?

Nick-TM's Avatar Nick-TM6/21/19 10:48 pm
9/24/2019 2:47 am
PickleCat's Avatar PickleCat
Minecraft 1.14 was a strange update, so far it's kind of been random. Despite this, Mojang has taken a few wrong turns...

What is your most "hated" 1.14 feature?
Nick-TM
Level 8 : Apprentice Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/24/2019 2:47 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Kitten
PickleCat
Like what Englalonde said, some of the textures of the blocks are worse then the original thing! For Example: The Emerald Blocks and the Melon Blocks, they were perfectly fine but now I just really dislike them.
06/25/2019 4:50 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mage
nelworld
the worts thig is
-the change of Shift+8 to Shift+↑.
I hate it
06/25/2019 3:26 pmhistory
Level 36 : Artisan Sailor
Englalonde
I don't like the way some of the blocks look. They barely fit with any materials I use, and they just are strange looking like I said before. It may work for some people though, and that's just fine.
06/25/2019 3:17 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
ThirdWatcher
The raids make no sense, I was hoping that they would be random but instead you have to trigger it with bad omen, which takes away the fun. Also, still no Illusioner functionality. I was also really excited as a map maker that the giant mob got AI in the 18w50a snapshot but of course they removed it in the next snapshot after that. And lag, both in framerate and chunk loading.
06/25/2019 2:58 pm
Level 24 : Expert Pixel Painter
OmegaVortex
Ravagers are too overpowered.
I've noticed that the new structures for desert villages leaves villagers vulnerable to ravager attacks.
Patrols are a pain, and I see them WAY too often.
Some of the new textures just aren't my cup of tea (Although I like some of them)
Commands are formatted differently.

Aaaaand a million other little things...
06/23/2019 8:29 am
Level 46 : Master Pirate
TheRealBlank512
The Illager beasts or what ever they're called now. I mean they look cool but they're way to over powered. I got bodied by just one of those things with full protection 4 Diamond for crying out loud!
06/23/2019 6:45 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
They seem to have lost the way lately, slapping in junk without spending the care they used to in ensuring that it actually blended with the game properly.
06/23/2019 8:36 am
Level 1 : New Miner
ChickenBricklet4
Please don't just say whatever you want and expect it to be right, and act like you know what you're talking about.
06/23/2019 9:00 am
raidarr
How about you actually refute my claim rather than dance around it and say nothing of merit?
06/24/2019 1:47 am
ChickenBricklet4
Look at Updates like 1.3, and 1.4. Mojang AB Added Different off-topic stuff in the same updates, like Item frames and Haybales. This time it Also had a Theme, Hence the name Pillage and Village, and it did blend with the game, because of the already existing villagers, and it gave them new Jobs and Blocks to work with. Also with 1.13 It Added Stuff like Ocean updates that vanilla Minecraft Was gonna add a few years ago.
06/24/2019 6:37 am
raidarr
Thank you for an actually substantive rebuttal. Now lets see.

Primary to what I say is the fact that stability is measurably poorer as a result of these updates than before. All updates have required additional updates to go well, but minecraft has steadily gone down in its ability to run virtually anywhere in favor of increasing the load on the user side, which isn't necessarily a good thing but - but, I digress. The blending in the mechanical aspect has been especially poor with 1.14 and was present more than usual in 1.13. New things at a distinct cost of stability. Not something the vanilla minecraft needs to be doing.

The village minigame, while actually striking me as a bit fun, is the exact definition of something I'd reserve for mods as compared to the vanilla experience. It's an extra, and if it needs to be in there, it ought to be a toggle on world generation. It's a random extra that takes minecraft from the simpler survival and creative focus into something more RPG based. That's the sort of change they need to go all out on and release as, I dunno, a function of adventure mode, or have on the side, or reserve for mods that do similar thing more comprehensively to the game.

New blocks, great. If we're going to make new blocks, why not expand and finish existing setups? Adding blocks of this or blocks of that strikes me as quite random and not well integrated, as compared to adding based on biomes, fleshing out templates, or adding new methods of building like vertical blocks. Something to fine tune the base rather than simply expand outwards while leaving gaps in that area. 1.13 axed some old backend that wasn't necessary to remove, wasting time for servers and plugin devs especially in needing to rewrite for the sake of going all out on names and not having IDs.

Overall, the game is taking an RPG track and in the very latest updates launching with poor stability and a higher chance than ever of having prior work completely invalidated (various methods of farming are simply not possible anymore, from what I've read elsewhere) and straight up corrupted. The latter parts especially I take issue with and the irritation grows as the game puts in blocks and minigames that follow their own tangents rather than just one update to refine the base a little more.

To be clear, I am not one of the crowd that hates everything MC is doing, considers the RPG elements to be an inherently bad focus for the game, or bemoans the loss of everything minecraft once was. For my purposes minecraft is as it always was, save for the updates that throw in things like pillage and have a chance to render prior worlds unstable or broken. If 1.14 gets its act together, my personal complaints will reduce to shrugging and being mildly disappointed that mods are still fleshing out basic block setups and adding nifty side functions (vertical?) that mojang has evidently not been able to do for years, despite being able to throw in things like village pillaging and overhaul the ocean. The ocean update is something I don't exactly rave against, but it strikes me as an update that should come after other things have been polished and fleshed out as a sort of endgame addition, not a primary focus as it was pushed to be.
09/24/2019 2:24 amhistory
SuperFanatic
I second this. I'm not to fussed over the whole village minigame thing, but I still think it feels like a "mod," not like something that fits nicely into the game. I'll tell you what I HATE though: The new crafting guff. The loom mostly. Let's get rid of the crafting system that Minecraft is known for (the actual "make the shape" type), for a list type crafting system that literally every other game with crafting (barring a few that took the Minecraft route, looking for something more in-depth) has. Yah, you know how Minecraft has this cool system where you need to make the shape of what you want? Not anymore!
  If they had made the loom so that it was just another crafting table, with a different layout of the slots, that could only make banner patterns, cool. That works. But, nah. Just "what shape u want?"
  The stonecutter and blast furnace are different. the stonecutter I also dislike, but not as much, as it is an alternative so you can make individual stone brick blocks (although I've seen mods do this WITHOUT a new crafting table). The blast furnace, I just think is a little strange. A faster furnace that burns through coal and can only smelt metal. Whoopee. Again, I've seen mods do better (albeit in a more "mod feeling" way).
  I didn't really care for 1.13 (I'm still a little salty they picked the phantom at Minecon rather than the enchanting mob), it just seemed like some fluff they added that didn't really stick (I despise everything having to do with the new textures), but 1.14 had SO MUCH potential (I do kinda like the new look of villages) that was just ruined by some slapped together crafting that is way worse than what we already had.
  I dunno. 1.12 felt like the last update that really felt like "an update." 1.13, 14, and 15 feel like they're trying to make Minecraft 2, except it's going as well as Ghostbusters 2. It just seems like they're trying WAY too hard to make Minecraft into an RPG, like you said. Trying to dress it up as something more than a building game. It's starting to feel like one of those Minecraft clones with orcs, and dragons, and fairies, and even guns. It's just... weird.
06/23/2019 1:28 am
Level 22 : Expert Creeper
fgjkgdjlknmk
the only texture pack im willing to use still isnt in 1.14 yet and the cats look weird ;_;
06/25/2019 3:07 pm
ThirdWatcher
If it's in 1.13 you can still use it, it just won't have textures for the new features.
06/22/2019 11:02 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
I got three words for you:
Too. Many. Squidwards.
06/22/2019 10:51 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
mbanders
There's no firework crafting table yet.
06/22/2019 9:53 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc2713049
[deleted]
06/22/2019 8:03 pm
Level 87 : Elite Deity
Captain_JEK
I like everything except for stonecutters. They make no sense. They don't have a power connection or a crank or shaft or anything that would make the blade spin although it spins all the time xD
And you don't suffer damage when walking over the blade. Not taking damage is a good thing but then they should have put a cage or cover over the blade to explain the not-taking-damage.

I would suggest adding a water wheel for powering the stonecutter. Like the one from Immersive Engineering. It would not produce electricity or so, it would only have to be connected to the saw by a shaft, so it can spin the blade.
Maybe this could be used for powering looms (which I very like), too.
06/22/2019 8:34 pm
Nick-TM
Pretty sure there's a data pack for stonecutter damage somewhere on here...
06/22/2019 8:48 pm
Level 87 : Elite Deity
Captain_JEK
Ha xD
I think a data pack for appropriate protection in handling of stone saws would be better :P
It's not like I want to take the damage.
06/22/2019 3:25 pm
Level 40 : Master Wolf Whisperer
Starryspectrum
Looms. Sure, the userface is easier and more beginner-friendly, but we could've just done it on a crafting table...
06/22/2019 12:58 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Light bugs! Teleportation bugs! The fact that Mojang gives us amazing content but never fixes bugs anymore. It's annoying.
06/22/2019 4:18 am
Level 34 : Artisan Creeper Hugger
bhfdh
bugs... just everything
i hate all versions from 1.13.x and above
06/22/2019 3:08 am
Level 46 : Master Wizard
mythicaljay
Besides the fact that the update has made it take longer for chunks to load on my worlds, I think 1.14 is one of my favorite updates yet.
06/21/2019 11:42 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Given that the mechanics are still being changed with each new snapshot (on 1.14.3 pre-release 4 AFAIK) it's a bit early to call that one.

General poor performance and bugginess aside [which could also be seen as disrespecting players by releasing a snapshot], the way MS/Mj keeps changing village/villager/golem mechanics to break each new generation of iron farm leaves a particularly foul taste…
06/22/2019 12:52 am
Nick-TM
I personally dislike all the performance issues. It’s so hard to play without Optifine. The game is actually still very unstable as of 1.14.2. So I think 1.14 will be my final update, my laptop can only handle so much, and my desktop computer is having some weird bugs with Minecraft. So 1.14 of is my limit.
06/22/2019 3:35 pmhistory
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
AwesomeNinja886
Why don't you try Bedrock? It has all of the good content (minus crawling as of now, although that's apparently going to be added in BE 1.12), but it's more stable. I play on Xbox One mostly because my computer is a potato really slow as well.

Edit: Most ≠ mostly
06/25/2019 3:13 pm
ThirdWatcher
My computer is also a potato stone slab and I still play on Java regardless since bedrock has different performance issues like input lag and unbearable loading times. Plus OptiFine prereleases come out relatively quickly so I get the most important parts of the mod almost right away.
06/22/2019 3:39 pm
Level 26 : Expert Ninja
AwesomeNinja886
Okay, so Bedrock lacks NBT and the Globe banner pattern too, but still, you get my point.
06/21/2019 11:22 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
Not adding anything to fix any of the problems that minecraft has that are so glaringly obvious :L
for instance. . . the fact that the 'bosses' are utter garbage.
06/21/2019 11:35 pm
Nick-TM
I agree. They also refuse to work on major performance issues; like the most recent "block place lag" and many other things. My game is barely stable without Optifine...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome