Pastel Galaxies ~ A Skin Competition for Any Level!

Kawaii's Avatar Kawaii7/11/18 3:45 pm history
20 emeralds 2.4k 104
7/28/2018 1:14 pm
Kawaii's Avatar Kawaii

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
This is a skin contest, with the theme of “Pastel Galaxies!” I will be judging with the wonderful, DinowCookie! Make any skin of your choice, but it has to fit in with the theme. The theme, “Pastel Galaxies” would be a light, space environment with colors that you see in space. For example, light purple, blue or pink colors. Do anything you would like that has to do with space! Have fun with this theme and thanks to DinowCookie for posting a blog on how to create a successful contest!

Rules
  • Please don’t use any bases from other people’s work, or bases of your own you made in the past.
  • Contestants cannot enter multiple entries. One entry each please.
  • This skin needs to completely be made by you, but people can still give you feedback.
  • Please don’t copy other people’s work, intentionally. Your work must be original and new.
  • Judges cannot enter or it will be unfair to the contestants.
  • You can not enter an old skin you made in the past, we need a new one for the competition.
  • Make something having to do with the theme, or describe how it fits in your description.
Levels

To make it fair, I will separate the different skinning levels into three sections. This way, it will be equally fair for everyone. Please leave what you think which category would fit you best in the comments and one of the judges will comment back, looking at your skin experience from past skins. That will determine to us the category you will go in. If you don’t agree with your category, PM both of us.

Beginner - No use of shading skills, or simple use of shading techniques.

Intermediate - More complex and understandable techniques of shading skills.

Expert - Has even more complex shading skills with years of learning experience.

- нσω נυ∂gιиg ωιℓℓ ωσяк -
The judges will have a private PM and we will vote for around 2 to 3 days. On the 1st of August, I will post the winners in a forum or I will re post the winners skin along with saying the 2nd and 3rd places.

What it will be Judged On

We will judge you on these 5 things that each count on a scale of 1 to 10. All points added up together will bring contestants with a score out of 50. They will be multiplied by two and added as a total of 100%.

Originality - Has this technique been seen before? Is this a fresh style made by you?

Uniqueness - How this skin stands out from the other ones. The details you have done that is different.

Shading - How well you shade. The improvement in the shades itself. Do you really put effort and detail into it.

Effort - Did you put great effort into your skin making? Did you actually try hard and have confidence?

Overall Skin Appearance - Does this style fit nice with all the themes? Did you follow the rules?

- ρяιzєѕ -

First Place will get subscribed to from 2 judges (If already not), a skin request from one of the judges, and
a skin they made of their choice will be shown on my home page for a week.

Second Place will get subscribed to from 2 judges (If already not), a base request from one of the judges, and a skin they made will be linked on my home page for one week.

Third Place will get subscribed to from 2 judges (If already not), a hair request from one of the judges, and a skin of theirs will be linked on my homepage for 5 days.

Your entry is due on the 28th of July. On the 29th and 30th, we will be judging

Please tag your entry with XPastelGalaxies, and comment down bellow or PM DinowCookie and I your entry when you are done!

- ιитєямє∂ιαтє ¢σитєѕтαитѕ & єитяιєѕ -
- єχρєят ¢σитєѕтαитѕ & єитяιєѕ -
Feel free to ask any extra questions! DinowCookie or I will be happy to answer them!
Kawaii
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Lemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/11/2018 4:29 pm
Level 45 : Master Witch
Caromid
oooh can I enter!!
07/11/2018 4:41 pmhistory
Kawaii
Of course, LeCollecteur! Would you be comfortable being in the Expert category? You can tell me honestly if you need to be moved to a different category! ;)
07/11/2018 4:46 pm
Level 45 : Master Witch
Caromid
Yea that’s great thank you!! ;D
07/11/2018 5:29 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Blockhead
MysticMarineon
Can I plz enter?
um is there a beginer? if not put me in intermediate
07/11/2018 5:32 pm
Kawaii
Oops, I'm so sorry MysticMarineon! Thank you for noticing that I have made a mistake. Sorry, I created this on an iPad and had some trouble with the spoilers, so thank you for noticing that I accidentally forgot to write beginner. Also, you will be placed in beginner if that is ok with you. :)
07/11/2018 10:22 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2054575
[deleted]
07/12/2018 7:53 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
For this contest we can place you in intermediate :) good luck!
07/20/2018 3:47 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2054575
[deleted]
07/11/2018 10:48 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Lad
Naimarra
hey can i join?
07/12/2018 7:46 am
DinowCookie
I think for this theme you're a better fit for the intermediate category. We'll place you there if you're okay with it. :)
07/12/2018 7:47 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Lad
Naimarra
thanks! i'm cool with it~
07/11/2018 11:05 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Magical Boy
Stuffles
can i enterr? :O the theme of it sounds awesome!
07/12/2018 7:54 am
DinowCookie
We'll place you in intermediate for this contest, good luck :D
07/12/2018 4:44 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Magical Boy
Stuffles
okay not sure if im meant to link my entry here but here it is anyways xD https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/-4156871/
07/12/2018 7:28 pm
Kawaii
Thank you so much for submitting your entry. When I get on to my PC tomorrow, I can properly link it and fix my issues with the contestant links! :)
07/11/2018 11:47 pmhistory
Level 1 : New Crafter
Bakupixel
I know im level 1 but I'd love try it it will give me some experience in skin making. So can i plz join? Also where do i post it? The blog page?
07/12/2018 7:16 am
Kawaii
Of course Bakupixle! I love seeing new level ones entering contests to improve. You will be put in the beginner group if that's ok with you. It is a bit hard to explain where to post it, but when you click the submission button to submit a new skin, it will give you a couple options of what to post. click on the `skin` button and just play around with your entry. When you submit it, don't forget to tag it, xPastelGalaxies! (You can add tags at the bottom of the entry page) But, if you don't know how to tag it, just comment the link in this forum when you are done. Don't worry, just post it as a regular skin, and leave the link right here. Sorry if this message was confusing, I'm not that good at explaining things, so just ask DinowCookie or I if you need anything else. :)
07/11/2018 11:57 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Pixel Painter
smolleo
I'll enter, not sure where I fit in, definitely not expert
07/12/2018 7:07 amhistory
Kawaii
Well, smolleo. Would you be happy in intermediate? :) And soon, I bet you will improve to become an expert over time.

Sorry, I first looked through your submissions and never looked carefully. My bad I first put you in beginner. I think you definitely belong in intermediate.
07/12/2018 9:35 am
smolleo
Intermediate would be great, thank you!
07/12/2018 7:43 am
DinowCookie
I think KawaiiCornz overlooked your submissions gallery ^_^ I've taken a look at your skins and think the intermediate category would be the best fit for you.
07/12/2018 12:31 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Skinner
EnderMoon
i'd like to join this seems like fun
07/12/2018 7:05 am
Kawaii
I am happy you thought it was fun! :D You will be put in the beginner category if that is fine with you.
07/12/2018 12:35 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
colinn
May I join if so put me in beginners.
07/12/2018 7:03 am
Kawaii
Of course Dino_Cupcakes! And as pleased, yes you will be put in beginner. :) Good luck!
07/12/2018 12:43 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Artist
sushikay
I'd like to join :)

uhh intermediate? I might try a dif shading style
07/12/2018 2:39 pm
Kawaii
Of course SushiKay, and I think for this theme, you would be good for intermediate. Have fun exploring new shading styles!
07/12/2018 12:52 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Procrastinator
Zypher Solina
I'd love to join in, I'd probably be considered an Intermediate. xd
07/12/2018 3:07 pmhistory
Kawaii
Hello ShadowBlazerX1, sorry but DinowCookie and I discussed about it and we think you should fit better in the begginer category. If you aren’t ok with this, it is fine because I have felt before when I was expecting to be placed in intermediate, but I got placed in begginer instead. And everyone improves, so don’t feel bad if you are in begginer. :)
07/12/2018 1:27 pmhistory
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
Uhh, beginner has one g and two n's, not two g's and one n

and ill join xd
07/12/2018 2:48 pm
Kawaii
Yes, sorry. Once I typed beginner wrong, and it didn’t auto correct, but yesterday when I spelled it right, it auto corrected it to the wrong version. So thank you. Also, I also think you would be fit for begginer! Good luck! :)
07/12/2018 3:11 pm
Antiquez
I feel like i can handle intermediate
07/12/2018 3:34 pm
DinowCookie
I agree with KawaiiCornz :) you're a better fit for beginner Theo, there's no shame in that. You're improving and you've surely gotten better since some weeks ago, but there's still much to be learned.

You'll have a fairer chance of placing as a winner in beginner :D
07/12/2018 3:47 pm
Antiquez
I just feel like Im not challenged enough
07/12/2018 4:07 pm
Kawaii
Theo, I do have to admit that in DinowCookie’s Madness contest, I felt just like you when she stuck me in beginner. I felt that I should of been placed in a higher group. I felt a bit upset, and maybe a little mad at her too. A bit later, I started to respect her a bit more because I thought, ‘Ok, she is the judge, and I know I will improve sooner or later,’ So, I am completely sure that at some point, somebody will put you in intermediate! It just won’t be now. I am still a begginer right now hosting this contest, but being put in a spot like that won’t make me stop. Just try hard in the contest, because you know it’s just for fun. And the more you enter contests, the more you will improve on your skinning! It’s not the end, and this is just one contest, so just try your hardest, and soon, you WILL be challenged.
07/12/2018 2:56 pm
MildlyPanda
Alright!~ Time for my second competition!~
Also, I'm gonna have to think whether I'm more suitable for beginner or intermediate...
Hm... perhaps beginner, but if you think I can stretch to an intermediate, I'll take the challenge!
Also to the other level 1, Bakupixel, good luck!
07/12/2018 3:52 pmhistory
Kawaii
Wow, you catch up quite fast. Though your expectations still fit into a begginer category, I bet you will greatly improve in your future! I am still putting you in a begginer category, but if you think you wanted a better challenge, then at least you would think of having better chances of winning the contest of beginner level! I hope you have fun entering. :)
07/12/2018 3:42 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pokemon
Wildflowers
I'd love to join :)
07/12/2018 4:58 pm
Kawaii
Great Palettes! DinowCookie and I gladly think you should be put in the Expert category! Have fun entering and good luck! ;)
07/13/2018 3:36 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pokemon
Wildflowers
07/13/2018 9:12 am
Kawaii
Thank you so much! <3 Your entry will be noted!
07/12/2018 5:00 pm
Kawaii
NOTE : Currently there is a problem with the contestant links, this will be fixed tomorrow!
07/12/2018 6:08 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Vampire
ziggy like stardust
Hello, I'd like to join! It'd fit perfect with my profile theme, hehe.
07/12/2018 7:16 pm
Kawaii
Oh wow An Intelligent Moron, what a coincidence! Your profile looks really nicely laid out, as I am looking at it. It looks really nice! :D I would find you best placed in the expert category! Good luck!
07/12/2018 6:17 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Button Pusher
HatThing
Can i also join?
07/12/2018 7:19 pm
Kawaii
Of course Hasty! I remember you from DinowCookie’s Madness contest! You had a pretty nice entry! :) Would be happy in the begginer category?
07/13/2018 2:01 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Button Pusher
HatThing
Yep! It's A-OK
07/12/2018 7:31 pmhistory
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Witch
Fawne
Ey, I'm thinking about joining this! I probably fit into intermediate best since I haven't really shown anything complex. I live that simple kind of life.
07/12/2018 7:54 pmhistory
Kawaii
Hey Fawne, DinowCookie and I actually took a little of a closer look and saw that you should go in the expert category. But of course, we will not force you. So, it is up to you to decide because we think both categories would be fine for you to enter in. Intermediate or Expert level? :D Once again, we do think that expert category would be better but first, we just want to know what you are ok with.
07/13/2018 10:13 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Witch
Fawne
Oh hey, well it's a little unexpected, but it's also kind of flattering so I guess I'll take the compliment and go with expert? I guess I'll just have to work a bit harder for the challenge.
07/13/2018 10:22 am
Kawaii
Great, but if you are not comfortable with it and change your mind, it’s ok! We understand if expert might be a bit of a challenge for you, but it would ok to tell us. :)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome