Summer Vacation Community Event Discussion

DinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie7/3/19 1:25 pm history
19 emeralds 959 16
7/29/2019 11:37 am
DinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie

This is the official thread to discuss anything relating to the Summer Vacation event! Questions? Suggestions or discussion, all welcome here. Please make sure you read the Summer Vacation event description carefully before commenting.

The Event Summarized

Non-competitive
During the entire month of July, Planet Minecraft is hosting an event to celebrate the joy of summer. This event is non-competitive.This means there is no competition, no judges, no final leaderboard and no top-3 of winners. At the end of the event, each participant will receive a special participation badge. 😁

Five entries per participant
The event allows for up to five summer-themed entries per participant, in the projects, skins and blogs categories. Video's, artwork, photography and other creative creations can also be shared as a blog-post.

Rules
  • The standard rules of Planet Minecraft apply to any submission.
  • You are expected to enter new work. This means you cannot enter any creation that was previously uploaded to Planet Minecraft.
  • You are allowed to enter work that was created for another summer themed unofficial community event.
  • Collaborations and teamwork are allowed and encouraged for this event!
  • Submissions that do not follow the Summer Vacation theme will be disqualified.

bubble_chartTips

• If you create an entry which doesn't immediately seem Summer Vacation themed, please make sure to explain the relevance to the theme in your submission's description.
  • You can create a skin, a blog-post and a project, you do not have to choose just one category.
  • You have the entire month of July, so take your time and have fun!
  • Don't hesitate to collaborate for this event, we would love to see some team efforts!

supervised_user_circle Event Hosts

1. Cyprezz
  2. PMC
  3. DinowCookie

Extra! pets Meet Wibbit!
They just joined PMC this month! Keep an eye out for this bug eyed and bug loving, lil frogger while browsing this community. Click to make them yours!

fiber_new Summer Profile Themes

If you decorate your profile, we want to see! There are a couple of ways to do this: you can comment on this forum thread and let us know, OR you can tag us (Cyprezz, DinowCookie, PMC) in a wall post and we will take a peek! At the conclusion of the event, we will feature one or more members profiles for readers to see!

List of members who decorated their profiles!
DinowCookie
Retired Moderator
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/10/2019 3:15 pmhistory
Level 14 : Journeyman Ranger
Its_Kelo
Where on the community page would one of these Frogs appear? (top bar etc.)

I've been looking for over a day now lol
07/11/2019 7:43 am
DinowCookie
They appear randomly, so can be any page, but always on top of your menu bar :D
07/05/2019 12:18 pmhistory
Level 34 : Artisan Geek
Kirbee
Under rules it lists: Submissions that do not follow the Spring Fling theme will be disqualified. - (I think it is meant to say Summer Vacation, but that's besides the point.)

I was wondering, are the hosts required to read the descriptions before disqualifying a participant, because with my first entry, it's not automatically clear that it is 100% summer themed unless the description is read.

Thanks!
07/05/2019 3:56 pm
DinowCookie
Aye, my bad about the spring thing. Should be more careful with replacing those when copying an old thread. 😁

Us hosts always make sure to read the description before disqualifying anything. We understand that some interpretations of the theme may not be clear from the visuals alone. 😊
07/29/2019 1:22 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Felll
lemons and lemonade are quite a fun summertime theme~ decorated my profile with all sorts of lemon-y treats :3
07/29/2019 11:37 am
DinowCookie
I'll list your profile :D
07/12/2019 4:22 pm
Level 48 : Master Sus
ArcaneKnight
decorated my profile a bit
07/14/2019 9:03 am
DinowCookie
Added your profile to the thread :D
07/11/2019 11:42 am
Level 1 : New Miner
UnholyValor
Rawr X3
07/11/2019 11:51 am
DinowCookie
I mean yes, that too. 🙃
07/09/2019 12:49 pm
Level 48 : Master Sus
ArcaneKnight
oh, could I host the mystery title summer edition to encourage builds and skins for the "Summer Vacation" event? (already got 20 things for builds and 20 things for skins)
07/09/2019 5:46 pm
DinowCookie
Ah, yes! 😁 Please do. I won't have time to host a mystery title event again anytime soon. 😊 Would be great to see your take on it.
07/03/2019 11:23 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Sailor
Rhines
no u
07/03/2019 6:34 pm
Level 24 : Expert uwu
Girouette
no u
07/12/2019 12:14 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
miugy
why you keep banning my map for the event its a question, you need pools i have pools on my map, if you are too lazy to search for them is not my fault!
07/12/2019 3:41 pm
DinowCookie
Check the tips on the event description:
"If you create an entry which doesn't immediately seem summer-themed, please make sure to explain the relevance to the theme in your submission's description."

We ask you to do this because us event hosts don't have time to search through all the maps which seem off-theme, to look for hidden elements that *might* relate to summer.

Your entry was disqualified because from your submission (images + description + tags), we can't tell that your build relates to summer in any way. Simply update your description with an explanation, and re-enter if you believe that your submission fits the theme.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome