The PMC Weekly February 8th, 2020

PMC's Avatar PMC2/8/20 10:50 am history
28 emeralds 1.3k 13
2/17/2020 5:40 am
Aspirin60's Avatar Aspirin60

A lot of new and exciting things happened this week, including a couple of BIG changes to Minecraft! We're talking about NEW official skin contest, a thread dedicated to YOUR ideas for future Mob Skin Contests, the NETHER update, some seriously clever skins, and more! Here's your weekly dose of all Minecraft happenings this week!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS
Check it out, a new SKIN CONTEST! With the much anticipated Nether Update it just makes sense that the Depth of the Nether theme won popular vote!

We're all going to trek into the depths of the Nether to gather exotic blocks and upgrade to the mighty Netherite gear! For this skin contest, let's create custom skins suitable for expeditions into the dark dimension.

We encourage you to download the snapshot and take a tour around!

icon
We want your input! With the launch of Minecraft Mob Skins on PMC means the start of Mob Skin Contests and Events! A whole new world! We're looking to pick your brains and pull out some awesome Mob Skin Contest Ideas!

Head on over to this thread and read carefully. Copy and paste the idea template into your response. ONE IDEA per reply!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS
NEW!
Lemilas is hosting a Sci-Fi Mob Skin Contest in celebration of their 1 year PMC anniversary! Woo! Sci-Fi is a broad category so think: Aliens, Robots, Alien Robots, you get the idea! You can use ANY mob you wish!

Deadline: March 1, 2020

Lumina Lemon is celebrating 80 subscribers and hosting a poll on which event they should host! You have 5 choices to choose from including a reshade contest, a choice between three themed Challenges, and a February Secret Santa!

WANTED: COMMUNITY EVENT AND CONTEST HOSTS!

Hey you
! Yes you! Have you ever wanted to host an event or contest?! Well, what are you waiting for?!

DinowCookie created this super helpful guide to get you started! With these 10 simple steps, you'll be on your way to hosting your very own community contest or event!

There's never a better time than now. The community is super supportive of all beginners, so don't be shy!

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON
(Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Reshade ContestPickleCat DesignPickleCatFebruary 14

As always, you can visit the Community Event Calendar for the complete list of Community Events and Contests!

mini vault boy (thanks for 250 mini birbs) Minecraft Skin
mini vault boy by anonpmc2713049

don't be afraid to let them show Minecraft Skin
Don't be afraid to let them show by kichanti

⭐OTHER HIGHLIGHTS
TRANSPARENT TRICKS
This week, we saw several submissions that used transparency to create some pretty awesome and unique skins!

anonpmc2713049 created mini vault boy (any Fallout Fans here?!) for their 250 subscriber milestone.

kichanti created an inspirational skin called "don't be afraid to let them show" .

{Skindex Pallet CE} Galactic Artist Minecraft Skin
Galactic Artist by PickleCat

Little gosht Minecraft Skin
little ghost by Aspirin60
This skin is of a girl with a prosthetic leg. The message is clear: don't be ashamed or embarrassed about who you are.

Next up, we have two ghost-like skins. PickleCat created Galactic Artist for a Skindex Pallet contest. Aspirin60 created a goblin-ish ghost skin using transparency. We think it's cute with the perfect amount of creepy 🙂.

The Castle at Turtle Bay
PROJECT PROGRESS
DiggerMcGee has been hard at work with their Turtle Bay project! Phase 2 is now complete and available for download. couple more new photos. All trees have been cleared and they are now working on building foundations and materials. You can see the latest progress here and also visit their project page to see the latest photos.

Pase 3 of the project will focus entirely on developing
the Castle as it watches over the city and the bay.
Subscribe to them for updates!!

FIRST FORTRESS
The Nether Update inspired kimandjax to create a Piglin Fortress in the 1.16 Nether Update Snapshot using the new blocks! She was, in fact, so inspired that she built this on her birthday!

We can see so much detail including the use of the new fire variant Soul fire as well as basalt and netherite. We can even spot a hoglin!

Head on over and wish her a happy belated cakeday (it was yesterday!) and give her a diamond as a gift!

It's still the only 1.16 Nether Map on the site!

TRENDING ON REDDIT
A part of nongko's texture pack, Hafen, went trending on reddit this week! They showed a picture of new Netherite textures that will be a part of an update to their Hafen Pack!
The thread has over 10,000 upvotes and over 150 comments! We're in love with the aesthetic the bright colors and the pixel art!

The pack also has the following add-ons:
Classic Items
Classic UI
Classic Colors
Pink Menus

FEATURED YOUTUBER
This week's featured YouTuber is Shireen! Her channel was established in 2012 and currently has over 700 Videos!

In her latest video, she takes you through the latest Minecraft Nether Update. You can hear her excitement as she enters the Nether for the first time!

She has several Minecraft Mod Spotlights, Showcase Videos, Tutorials and more! In addition to Minecraft, you can find Pokemon Gameplays, Unboxing and more, as well as Indie Gameplay Walkthroughs. A nice variety of content!

NETHER UPDATE MINECRAFT
In case you missed it, Minecraft just released the first snapshot for the NETHER UPDATE. It's looking like this update will be a favorite for a lot of Minecrafters! The update includes 3 new Biomes, several new blocks, a new ore and a new mob!

Miss the news? Not sure what's going on? We summarized everything in a Forum post, which you can read here!

If you prefer video reviews, here are a few from our members (if you did one and want yours included in this list, comment below!):

1.16 Snapshot Overview by MissC-YT
Minecraft 1.16 Nether Update Snapshot by Shireen
Nether Snapshot Build Hacks and Tips by AdieCraft
New Nether Update is AWESOME by AdizzPro

File:Nether Update.png
🌟 WEEKLY FEATURES: Did something catch your eye during the week? Perhaps a unique skin or a captivating project? Send us a PM with
the link! Write in the subject "Weekly Feature Suggestion." We will review it and possibly publish it in the next weekly! Help support your fellow PMCer's by getting them a feature!

Have you tried the latest Snapshot yet?!

(If yes, what do you think so far?! What do you love, what would you change?)

Poll ended 02/14/2020 10:43 am.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake