Ask TomConn (For build requests, compliments, feedback, anything!)question_answer

Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs110/7/21 12:47 pm history
18 emeralds 390 55
10/19/2021 12:12 pm
Mikk Q Design's Avatar Mikk Q Design

Big credits to DinowCookie whom I "borrowed" this concept from ;)

Here is something to celebrate some recent milestones for me on PMC! 🎉
700 + 1 subscribers, a return to doing what I love on this website, and my updates to a lot of the content I felt I had neglected over the years!

I feel that "Thank You" is too short and not accurate enough for how much I appreciate everyone who takes interest in what I post, albeit years ago or yesterday! So just know, that the reason I keep posting, is because of you :)

Ask TomConn
(The "totally not a rip-off of Ask Dinow" edition!)

This is a thread where you can ask me all your questions, and even leave small build requests! I will answer as long as it's fun and friendly :)

  "Just an ask me me anything? And only Small build requests?! boooooring!"

Instead of just asking you to give me requests and questions, I had something in mind

Ask me:

... to pick a favorite submission from your gallery

I'll browse through your submissions, find the creation I like the most, and then tell you why I like it. Keep in mind, it's a little unfair if you ask this question and only have 1-2 submissions ;)

... for feedback

Link me a submission, forum post, wall-post, anything content related really, and ask for feedback. Your best chances would be with builds or blogs as those are my main areas.

You can also link to skins, texture-pack, data-packs etc. but keep in mind that I mostly only have surface level knowledge about them. I will have to skip on very lengthy content, for time reasons. I do have to study besides PMC after all ;)

... to make a small build for you

Send a reference picture or describe what kind of build you'd want to see me create. I'll give it my best shot and reply to you with a schematic download + some pictures.

Maximum size for builds are 50x50, and making builds will take quite some time compared to answering questions, so! If you request a build, I'll work on it and send it when it's finished :)

Oh! And please don't upload it to PMC, I'd like to compile all of the build requests from this post into a "700 subscribers special bundle!" :D
And no NSFW requests... Just to be clear

... for a guest book post

I'll post an image, a quote, compliment or something else to your guest book. Mainly taking inspiration from your profile itself, or maybe even from something I know about you :0

Make sure to have the guest book widget you your profile.

... about my experience on PMC

9 years of activity on this website... Oh my, started as a skin-stealer and now I'm a mod (how did I get here??) There are quite a few stories to tell from my time here, so hey! If you would like to hear some, feel free to ask.

I might also yoink some of your questions and add them to my Box Of Thoughts blog, in case I find the question to be of extra-interest :)

... anything*

Secretly this is still a boring 'ask me anything' in disguise.

Ask for compliments, feedback, opinions, fun facts, a new idea, help or about who TomConn is, the mysteries of the universe, Planet Minecraft things...

Or just share something that you'd like to share with me, even if it's not a question. I always enjoy talking to others :)

Stubbs1
Retired Moderator
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/07/2021 12:53 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Goblin
Diiby
a big cookie
10/07/2021 12:57 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
FishyBusiness
What's my best skin submission?
10/08/2021 4:59 am
Stubbs1
Ro-man

The shading is amazing and you manage to give the clothing that "racket" sort of look where you can see it's more loose :D
Another smaller detail I really like about it is that you extended his mustache :'D
10/07/2021 1:09 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Nerd
Pleasenotme
Whats my best data pack in your opinion?
10/08/2021 5:07 am
Stubbs1
It's a fight between the Rings SMP Datapack, and the Guns and Stronger Mobs datapack.

But I would deftly go with with the Guns and Stronger Mobs because most gun-packs make insanely overpowered guns that kind of break the game and makes it less fun to actually use guns, because at a certain point, you can just snipe the wither with your OP Barret 50' cal w. explosive rainbow bullets!
I like the balance you've hit with the Guns and Stronger Mobs datapack :D It integrates the guns into the game without breaking it, and I can appreciate when someone spends time to actually think about the end product ;p
10/08/2021 5:33 am
Pleasenotme
Ironically, I consider that one of the worst data packs I've posted here (but not as bad as Illager Squadrons XD)
10/07/2021 2:12 pmhistory
Level 57 : Grandmaster Skinner
inzanely
congrats on 701!!

question time:
how did you find pmc, and made you want to join?
how did you come up with your username?
what's your favorite submission of mine?
can you build a small teal/blue dragon with human ears?
10/08/2021 5:21 am
Stubbs1
how did you find pmc, and made you want to join?
As far as I recall, I found this site while looking for builds to download so that I could show them to my friends and say I made them... :D I realized that this website was easy for me to use at the time, and that my friends didnt know about the site. Then in 2012 I started trying to make skins, began uploading some - Realized I was bad at it, and started stealing again :'D

how did you come up with your username?
If you heard of the webseries Eddsworld, you might know that there is a character named Tom in that series. In real life the actors name is Thomas Tomska, and little me, always looked up to Tom and the creator of Eddsworld (Edd Gould) - So what I did was say: My real life name is Thomas as well, and my laster name is Connor... TomConn!!!
And ever since then I've stuck to it :p

what's your favorite submission of mine?
Crayon! I like meme skins :))
But on a more serious note: Ragtime Spook is deftly my favorite :D I like the beige/ cream/ brown theme, sticking to the ragtime theme and colour-pallette, while also getting that spooky element of making it a skeleton. I know very little about skins, but I know that I like this one :D

I shall do my best! And return with pictures
10/07/2021 2:59 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Lemilas
What's your favorite submission of mine? And if you think of any feedback while you're looking through, I'd be interested to hear it too.
10/08/2021 5:37 am
Stubbs1
Banished

While I gotta admit that I think Serpent's Bane looks way cooler, I would rather use the Banished skin as my actual skin if I had to choose :D What I really like about the banished would be the shading you've used - It makes him look a little dirty, as if there is some rubble on his clothe and face - and the hand design! Oh my!
Feedback wise: Serpent's Bane is a lot cooler to look at than Banished because of the clearly marked golden lines, and the same time, it's a lot more unique than a human skin with amazing detailing, so I'd recommend you try and mess around with making more skins like the Serpent's Bane, even though I fully understand that it's most likely one of the more difficult type of skins to make. But just those clearly marked lines + a unique non-human character (more so just a humanoid character )
But I mean - Look at what you made 2 years ago, and what you make now... If you ever feel like you've never improved, go back and read this, because you've made some serioustly impressive progress! :D
10/08/2021 10:18 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Lemilas
Thanks for the reply!
10/07/2021 3:15 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Mage
Arkaliasus
eh i'll be the awkward one..

Which of my submissions do you like the most?

:D
10/08/2021 5:24 am
Stubbs1
Carpeteer V1 without a doubt!
I have no clue how you make mods, but what I do know is that being able to customize carpets and carpet designs is something I want in vanilla Minecraft, purely because it would open up some amazing possibilities for creating more complex patterns in your house. It would also make creating arrows on the ground a lot easier, avoiding the bright pink glazed terracotta arrow that is currently in vanilla :D
10/08/2021 6:33 am
Level 39 : Artisan Mage
Arkaliasus
Sir TomConn, thankyou for your response and input on the mods! .. maybe i'll update it and add in mor carpets! :D
10/07/2021 3:35 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
Jozum5
could you maybe tell me how to join pmc and be a moderator?
10/07/2021 3:37 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Stack
FishStacks
im not tom conn but i can tell you half of that

youve already joined pmc lol

planet minecraft community fansite
10/07/2021 3:38 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
Jozum5
join the moderators
10/07/2021 3:42 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Stack
FishStacks
that half i cant answer
10/08/2021 5:44 am
Stubbs1
As FishStacks pointed to: PMC is an ackronym for "Planet MineCraft"

About how to become a moderator on PMC: Activity is key :)
All moderators were/ are active members of the PMC community + are typically somewhat well-known in parts of the community. My main activity for example, is around blogs, builds, and the forums. Usually when you've been active/ shown that you care about the community and it's well-being, then you might be contacted by Cyprezz who will ask a few questions, getting to know you etc.

There are no "mod-applications" to fill like on a Minecraft Server. It's all based off-of activity & personality :)
10/08/2021 10:54 am
Level 21 : Expert Network
YSG the Fox
My main activity is writing interactive blogs (check my MCC blog!), making (decent) skins, the forums, and the chat! But, I gotta be here for a while tho, as I'm not really well-known in the community :P
10/07/2021 3:38 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lava Rider
eagoy
Feel free to answer one, two, three or none of the things below:

... to pick a favourite submission from your gallery
Your favourite (non-massive*) redstone build of mine
*excluding my massive (probably broken over MC-versions/time) builds such as 'chess', 'game of the goose' and 'paint'

... to make a small build for you
More of a fun one for your 700+12 subscriber special bundle; A slime (profile picture) gobbling up the PMC/world globe, or sitting on it.

... for feedback
I always struggle/debate with myself on how to present redstone-builds into a proper & understand-able description. So that people fully understand what my build is capable off.
So instead of the build I like you to give feedback on my description of my latest redstone build
10/07/2021 3:45 pm
Level 48 : Master Network
BigBuilds
Hey, congrats on 700! Wondering what your favorite of our submissions on PMC is!?
10/08/2021 5:58 am
Stubbs1
Spruce Valley Kingdom

One of my favorite themes is Medieval/ fantasy, and I build stuff like that myself a lot :D So to see something of similar theme, even with amazing detailed interiors, I can't really sway myself to choose something else :') I hope you guys keep working on it and updating it :D
10/08/2021 7:51 am
Level 48 : Master Network
BigBuilds
Thanks!
10/07/2021 4:51 pm
Level 85 : Elite Pegasus
DreamWanderer
I guess I will join in here lol.

What is your most used block in building? Or what is your Favorite, and least favorite block to use, and why?

Favorite submission of mine?
10/08/2021 5:56 am
Stubbs1
There is a reason I subbed to you ;D Generally speaking, I love those small vehicle builds with amazing attention to detail, however - Favorite submission would deftly be the Bucyrus-Erie 4250-W - I like when I look at a picture of something made in Minecraft and go "How the heck did he do that?" Specifically in the last picture: The windows in the back of it + the fence... I'll have to download it now to see exactly how/ what blocks you used to make that :D

Favorite block would probably be Sandstone. The reason for it being that my most commonly used blocks would be Spruce planks. The various stone types don't really help the shapes or spruce planks really stick out, but using sandstone, it can break up a very dark build and shift focus to somewhere else. At the same time: I'm not much for using completely white blocks because it looks either too clean, or I want to use it for terrain instead :p
10/08/2021 6:51 am
Level 23 : Expert Procrastinator
The Diamond Distributor
can you make a looby related to the name endingflame
10/08/2021 9:27 am
Level 42 : Master Technomancer
Giancarlovan
What are some of your favorite submissions in all of PMC? It can be builds, blogs, anything!
10/08/2021 9:37 amhistory
Level 21 : Expert Network
YSG the Fox
Hey Stubbs1! I just have a few things:
  1. What do you think of my MCC blog? I'm working real hard on it so far!
  2. How about my server, Starcraft?
  3. My skins, Classic YSG and Kitsune YSG (either variation)?
  4. Me, in general?
10/09/2021 6:39 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Dwarf
Darin_the_Dwarf
Which of my submissions is your favorite and why?
And do you have any suggestions or feedback on my builds?
10/09/2021 7:13 pm
Level 48 : Master Musician
IHasFins
this is going to sound a bit weird but

asiofhusahbyc your content is so good you should have hundreds more subs than this what the heck
10/12/2021 4:13 am
Stubbs1
Well thank you :p
And I mean... If I want more subscribers, I should probably be more active and post some more content :'D
10/09/2021 10:28 pm
Level 22 : Expert Button Pusher
Christmaswreath
Notif spam me
10/12/2021 4:02 am
Stubbs1
Hit you with a few diamonds ;D
10/12/2021 7:48 am
Christmaswreath
Nice :)
10/12/2021 7:49 am
Christmaswreath
Hmm I need one more so so...
10/09/2021 10:31 pm
Level 42 : Master Lad
fatcat109_
What’s ur favorite of my submissions
10/12/2021 4:07 am
Stubbs1
Nightmare Stalker

Deftly my favorite, and the most spooky of all your skins! The shading of the legs, and the white/gray body fading over to the complete black is so cool! Not really sure how you made the fade so well, but it looks amazing :D
10/14/2021 3:02 pm
Level 42 : Master Lad
fatcat109_
I used white with low opacity
10/09/2021 10:38 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
MJ_mcMaster
Can i have dat slime as a pet in some smp

Do u like my render of my skin in my contest banner

Do i sound dum to u now
10/12/2021 4:11 am
Stubbs1
Maybe one day, John the Slime will make it onto an SMP O: Only time will show

About the contest banner, I was unable to find your contest, maybe you could send me a link to it :)

And no :p You sound just like yourself - Wonderful for the person you are!
10/12/2021 4:12 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
MJ_mcMaster
Oh yah, the contest :)
Ill get the link later
10/11/2021 10:42 am
Level 39 : Artisan Pixel Painter
PickAUsername
may I please have a compliment?
10/12/2021 4:02 am
Stubbs1
Not only is your username amazing, but the quality of your submissions are wonderful as well :)
They're fun and unique ideas, and I really enjoy seeing what you make :D Overall, you are a great creator and I hope you keep making content
10/12/2021 6:34 am
PickAUsername
I feel really good inside right now.
10/12/2021 9:10 am
Pleasenotme
I think you can thank PMC for getting him that amazing username-
10/14/2021 1:10 pm
PickAUsername
Hey, dont ruin my moment :(
10/14/2021 2:24 pm
Pleasenotme
PMC can be helpful sometimes :)
10/14/2021 4:06 pm
PickAUsername
Haha sure can
10/12/2021 5:35 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Ranger
Draakie
Hey Tom, could you give some feedback on my not so many submissions

.. and uhm.. if im allowed a second question xD, could you give me some tips on how to get past my builders block? i often tend to lose motivation or creativity and ideas as i progress in my bigger builds, leaving incomplete for a while till i mby continue with them
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome