๐ŸŒ The PMC Weekly September 21st, 2019

PMC's Avatar PMC โ€ข 9/21/19 11:54 am history
24 emeralds 1.6k 15
9/23/2019 12:15 pm
Ray_Savage's Avatar Ray_Savage

Hello everyone and welcome to another PMC Weekly! We hope you're all having a beautiful weekend so far! In this weekly, we feature a new member-created contest you don't want to miss, terrain that's so realistic you might not believe it's minecraft, a super cool sci-fi drawing and much more!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS
This is the last weekend to work on a skin for the Land of the Insects Skin Contest! Entries are due on TUESDAY, September 24th! If you're not participating, help your fellow PMCer's make it to the finalists by heading over the entries page and giving a diamond to your favorites!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW! COZY INTERIOR CONTEST
CaraRose is hosting an interior decorating contest! A starter map (empty house) is provided and your job is to create a cozy interior. There are 2 floors and one attic. You can see screenshots of the house here before you start, or jump right in by clicking here!

EXTENDED DEADLINE
COLLABORATION CHAOS SKIN CONTEST
Perhaps interior decorating doesn't entice you but maybe a collaboration skin contest does! Hosted by MildlyPanda and Kaos_Kitten, This contest is split into two parts! The first part you create a skin without any shading and then it gets handed to another participant of similar skill to shade it in the second part! There is no theme, so you can make any skin that you think will be interesting to shade!

PART 1 DEADLINE: September 26th

COMMUNITY EVENTS ENDING SOON
(Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHost Deadline
Reshade contest  
Mio ~
No0neInParticularSeptember 23
PMC officialPMC Land of InsectsPMCSeptember 24
Reshade contestAisle 420 - Prizes :) + Naming contest!
HarveyGoreSeptember 30
Themed contest
Gamer Frenzy Skin Contest
RainbowR3start  
September 30
(Other) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Design contestcharacter contest
GoldenGliderSeptember 23
๐Ÿ“… Make sure to check the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current events.

CONTEST RESULTS SHOWCASE!

Results of Gamefruitpulp's Minecraft Bulding Competition have been announced via a YouTube video! You'll have to watch until the end, however because he showcased the top 5 submissions in the video. We enjoyed the he toured every entry, giving positive feedback and commentary on each one!

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

๐Ÿ‘พ MONSTERS INC MEME
Familiar with Monsters, Inc? How about the Mike Wazowski and Sulley Face-Swap Meme? We all know there's a Minecraft skin of just about anything you can think of, so someone had to make one! Here's a Mike Wazowski and Sulley Face-Swap skin by VinylReplica. How perfect is it?! Now... who's going to make a skin of Mike Wazowski? Let us know if you do!

Mike Wazowski and Sulley Face-Swap Meme Minecraft SkinView image on Twitter

๐Ÿ“ฎ PECULIAR POLL RESULTS
Results from SandraSkylar's "Would You Rather" poll caught our eye. To be honest, we actually voted on this one! Can you believe that more members would rather be a dragon for a day than any of the other options?!The next winner was "be a noob for a day". Can someone please explain this!? ๐Ÿคฃ We're quite curious!

Barren Desert Landscape

PROJECTS
This week we saw some amazing ship and terrain project submissions as well as clever vehicle builds like American Motorhome and Pick up caravan by oldfarmer.

Barren Desert Landscape [pictured left] by ByTheBook7 had us doing a double take while scrolling through the projects page! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ We dug deeper in their submissions and found more amazing terrain - 43 to be exact! Mountains, forest, volcanoes, beaches and deserts... all equally beautiful and realistic. Every submission also includes a download so you can roam and build to your heart's desire!

BLOGS

Over on the blog section this week, we were pleasantly surprised to see an influx of member's posting their art. Carver_Craft submitted a few drawings, one of a beautiful humming bird and flowers and another of colorful Hawaiian flowers that he made for her new niece.

Zodus included 10 unique drawings in 1 post. Their most recent updated added this cool sci-fi drawing, which they state "is a drawing make for an online visual art course" they're taking. We particularly like how the yellows and oranges bring this one to life, almost as if it's a cyborg cyclops superhero that's about to take over the world!

๐ŸŽƒ HALLOWEEN HYPE
Last week we featured Skintober Prompt Lists that have already been created by some of our members. This week, No0neInParticular gathered a collection of Halloween Profile Decor and conveniently posted them in a forum discussion for you to browse and use! From puppies peeping out of pumpkins, to cats riding broom sticks, you'll be sure to find something festive to add to your profile or use as inspiration!

Speaking of Halloween, last week we asked you looking forward to next month's Halloween? The results: 64% Yes! Can't wait, I ♥ Halloween! A poll response wasn't enough for some members, who went a step further and commented.:

"POLL: I Love Halloween! Yeah, Halloween is pretty much one of my favorite times ever! Can't wait!" - Ray_Savage

"'Tis the Pumpkin Spice season. :)" - Bleucheeseman Spamme
Pumpkin spice and everything nice! Clearly, the majority of us are looking forward to the upcoming month of October (us included).!

MINECON MADNESS!

In case you missed it, Minecraft announced that YOU get to decide which biome will be updated next, during MINECON Live on September 28!
  

Which biome do YOU want updated next?

Poll ended 09/27/2019 11:54 am.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake