Peridot XJ9's "Gotta Catch 'em All" Johto Community Skin Collection Contest! [Completed?]

Eli the Zeratoed's Avatar Eli the Zeratoed9/16/18 10:52 pm history
14 emeralds 2.5k 90
12/24/2018 12:10 am
Eli the Zeratoed's Avatar Eli the Zeratoed

sprouts_divider_by_kawiko-d68b51e

♪♫Doo doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo...♫♪ Oh crap! You startled me there for a second, trainer! I was just singing one of the catchiest Pokemon theme songs ever besides the obvious one everybody knows. Welcome to the world of Pokemon! I, am Professor Eli Wolftree, but you can just call me Eli. You probably already know what a Pokemon is, so I'm not going into all the details of what they are. For any veteran Pokemon Masters who participated in the Kanto contest, welcome back! You are free to participate in this contest if you were in the last one. Now, for newer trainers who have no idea what this contest is about, you are in charge of making or "capturing" one of the many Johto or missing Kanto Pokemon that are yet to be filled out in the PMC National Pokedex! Heck, someone will be safe knowing that we've got Pokemon skins just for them!

"But Eli," You Magikarps may ask. "How does this contest work, anyways? I mean, what am I supposed to do!? I'm confused!" Well, right below this patch of grass are a bunch of rules explaining how the contest works (Of course, there has to be some rules, just like in the last contest, yet most of them are eerily similar to the ones in Kanto!):

Park Ball battle IV.png 1 Park Ball battle IV.png
Poké Ball battle IV.png The Pokemon skin must be newly made by you and only you for the sole-purpose of this contest. Your entry is qualified if it meets the requirements and you use this icon of my gemstone somewhere in your post (Just copy/paste it. It's that simple! Don't forget to do it, because there were a few stinker entries that forgot to do this):
Park Ball battle IV.png 2 Park Ball battle IV.png
Poké Ball battle IV.png You may only pick one Pokemon from the list of Pokemon below the judging process explanation.
Park Ball battle IV.png 3 Park Ball battle IV.png
Poké Ball battle IV.png You can participate again for other regions of a specific month, like if you were in the Kanto contest before, you can still be in the Johto one next time.
Park Ball battle IV.png 4 Park Ball battle IV.png
Poké Ball battle IV.png Your Pokemon skin must be in it's original form. No mega skins, shiny skins, Alolan skins, Gijinka/humanized/teen skins, etc.
Park Ball battle IV.png 5 Park Ball battle IV.png
Poké Ball battle IV.png Just like the Bin Skin contest, I don't want to see any quality of skins that are so low they might as well be shattered and thrown into the abyss of never-ending agony. (Trust me. There were a few infamously bad looking skins, but I will only forgive them if they are made by a procrastinator with a crappy editor. That doesn't mean I will, though, so don't intentionally exploit this loophole, you clods!)
Park Ball battle IV.png 6 Park Ball battle IV.png
Poké Ball battle IV.png All contests have to end sometime, and the deadline for this one is after Halloween on November 10th, 2018. Any late participants won't be counted at all unless they have a valid reason for being late right before the deadline, such as vacations, being sick, the PMC Pokedex is still incomplete, etc.
Park Ball battle IV.png 7 Park Ball battle IV.png
Poké Ball battle IV.png Have fun! This is a non-competitive contest, but the best-looking one of the month will get a sweet-looking trophy, and free blog or drawing request! Besides that fact, there are no clear winners or losers.

Judging:
DAC-Judge.png
Thankfully, I'm going to be the only judge for this contest again, and I will grade your Pokemon out of 10 points (10 being the best) through these qualities on your submission's comment page (Note, it might take a while for me to comment on your page if I'm taking a personal break or I'm busy with something, so please be patient!):

Technique - Does it look like the Pokemon you based it on?
Quality - Does it look pretty at all?
Functionality* - Could a person actually use this in all versions (Unless it's a 1.8+ Steve) of Minecraft and would still retain it's charm?

*This category is removed for all future "Gotta Catch 'em All" contests and entries due to all the complaints for it's confusion and unfairness in point removal just because a skin is a 1.8 Steve or Alex model. Plus, it'll make my judge work a heck of a lot easier as a whole.
List of Pokemon (And dang, there's a lot!):

Participant Claim Label Meanings:
Turquoise Name = WIP, Grey Name = Already Caught in the Kanto Contest, and Lime Green Name = Done!

PMC's Kanto Pokedex! (These Can Still Be Caught in This Contest!)
Since the Johto Pokedex below got cut off because of an unspecified word limit, a link to the Kanto Contest will be placed on me instead. Note, I will check both of these contests, and you can ask for Kanto Pokemon in this contest as well if you don't feel like posting in a dead contest. Sorry for the inconvienence, (cloddy word limits). :P
Eli the Zeratoed
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/23/2018 9:09 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Waffle
polkadotstingray
Hiya! could I make Umbreon?
12/24/2018 12:10 am
Eli the Zeratoed
You sure can! It's never too late to add any more Pokemon to this Pokedex! Though, entries made for previous contests are excluded from gaining any prizes, however. Entered!
11/09/2018 11:53 am
Level 22 : Expert Dragonborn
Shquaz
11/09/2018 5:18 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
Yeah, it may be a little late, but at least it's here, it's done, it's out of the way, and it looks presentable. I'll check it out and judge it as soon as I can! :3
11/04/2018 6:58 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Umby
there needs to be an umbreon
11/04/2018 8:45 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
Agreed. Are you willing to make one yourself or naw?
11/04/2018 9:30 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
11/04/2018 5:33 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
Yup! Go ahead and catch one (If you can try)! Entered! :D
11/04/2018 1:55 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2054575
[deleted]
11/04/2018 2:44 am
Eli the Zeratoed
You sure can! Entered!
11/08/2018 2:06 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2054575
[deleted]
11/08/2018 6:30 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
Awesome! I'll check it out and judge it as soon as I can! :D
11/04/2018 1:01 am
Level 30 : Artisan Pokemon
TheOrangeCharizard
Idk if this will be accepted but i did Meganuim for he contest. Sorry if im late

My entry
11/04/2018 2:43 am
Eli the Zeratoed
Oh, you're not late at all! I extended the end date to November 10th at 11pm EST, so you're fine! I'll judge your Meganium as soon as I can! :D
11/04/2018 3:09 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Pokemon
TheOrangeCharizard
Thx, I chose Meganuim cause it was my first ever starter and one of my fav starter pokemon evolution lines (all of chickorita's forms a re adorable)

Anyways thx for informing me that it got extended, im glad that i was able to participate in this contest.
11/04/2018 8:54 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
No problem! Oddly enough, my first starter was a Totodile named "Waterdile" (Yeah, very creative name there) and I remember trading it over for a high-leveled Seaking that never listened to me since I didn't have enough badges. Oh, what a huge mistake that was. :P

Digressing aside, I'm glad you loved participating in this contest, and it was my intent to make it as great as possible! I'm just hoping we're able to actually complete this Pokedex because Johto has the smallest amount of Pokemon ever, and I always wanted at least one PMC Pokedex to be complete and prove we could make it possible with the power of teamwork. :P
11/02/2018 1:03 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
Ahhhh yeeeees i finished

well uh actually its my Ditto for the Kanto, not Hitmontop, but whatever, you said I could still make it, you clod.

here it is, my wonderful trash.
11/02/2018 5:46 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
Yeah, I did say that, but you had to make both, not just one of them. You know what, I'm going to add that rule for the Hoenn competition and make it an invisible rule (rules that are new and unlisted, but are still permanent rules to be followed until it's made official for the next contest) for the Johto one. For now, thanks for the entry! I'll judge this one and add it to the Kanto contest as soon as I possibly can! :D
10/31/2018 9:54 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Blob
juwu
Heh, so I realize I’m doing this really last minute, but can I try to make Flaaffy? Sorry I’m joining so late but I promise I’ll get it done before the deadline.
I’m ashamed I didn’t find out about this contest sooner. Or else I would have joined earlier.
11/01/2018 12:21 am
Eli the Zeratoed
Oh, that's alright! You've still got until 11:00pm today to submit your entry. Plus, if enough people submit (the 5+ extras I mentioned on one of my wall posts), I could extend the date and get the Hoenn contest into gear after the extended week as well! Entered!

PS: Aww, don't be! I've had someone post late before for the Kanto contest, but I gave them a pass for understandable reasons. You've still got time, so make the best Flaaffy you can create! :D
11/01/2018 7:47 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Blob
juwu
Thanks very much. Hope some more people will enter, still got some hours left!

Here’s my entry :D
11/01/2018 8:53 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
No problem! There's three hours left in this contest and only two more people need to enter for me to extend the date by a week and make way for the Hoenn contest, anyways.

Also, thanks for your Flaaffy entry! I saw it on my wall, and it looks really good! I'll check it out and judge it as soon as possible! :D
10/31/2018 5:27 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Pokemon
Planet Forge
10/31/2018 9:04 pmhistory
Eli the Zeratoed
It's alright. At least it's here and ready to be judged.
Plus, it looks pretty good for what it is, so... :3
10/30/2018 5:35 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
PKMNmastercass
Can I do Bellossom?
10/30/2018 10:48 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
You sure can! Entered! :D
10/30/2018 11:31 pm
Level 48 : Master Artist
PKMNmastercass
Here it is ^-^
10/31/2018 1:01 am
Eli the Zeratoed
Wow, that was quick! I'll judge your entry as soon as I can! :D
10/20/2018 3:11 am
Eli the Zeratoed
Hey. I normally don't post these forum updates often, but I just wanted to remind you that I'm still accepting and judging skins for this contest and that it's not dead. Thank you and have a nice day.
10/03/2018 12:27 amhistory
Level 19 : Journeyman Pokemon
DrownedPound
I'll try Elekid. Doesn't seem too hard.
Edit: Just finished! It was easy. Here's da Elekid: www.planetminecraft.com/skin/elekid-4202513/
10/03/2018 2:48 amhistory
Eli the Zeratoed
Oh wow! You made that Elekid quite quickly. I'll judge your entry as soon as I can! :3
09/30/2018 1:06 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lad
mcrjellyfish
I'll take Corsola, Please! :D
09/30/2018 6:37 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
Sure you can! Why not? Entered! :D
09/29/2018 8:17 pm
Level 43 : Master Whale
frankisarat
Ooh! Could I make Azumarill? :o
09/29/2018 9:03 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
09/30/2018 1:25 pm
Level 43 : Master Whale
frankisarat
09/30/2018 6:38 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
Woah! That was fast! I'll judge your entry as soon as I can!
09/29/2018 3:32 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Blockhead
MysticMarineon
welp here ya go
https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/pichuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu/
sorry to haunt you with this trash xD
09/29/2018 9:14 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
Well, it's not that trashy. The description made me laugh, and it's not as low quality as some skins out there. Heck, I already judged your skin because it made me laugh hysterically in a good way! Have a look if you want. :3
09/28/2018 12:49 pm
Level 22 : Expert Dragonborn
Shquaz
gonna get Feraligatr maybe
09/28/2018 9:23 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
I hope you'll be able to nab him... Entered! :D
09/21/2018 8:52 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
Ancientstorm
Can i go to search for a Teddiursa?
09/21/2018 6:49 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
09/27/2018 10:51 amhistory
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
Ancientstorm
After a long search it turns out it was in my PC all along. Here is my Teddiursa.
09/27/2018 11:32 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
Awesome! I'll go check out and judge your Teddiursa as soon as I can! :3
09/19/2018 5:46 am
Level 49 : Master Enderdragon
The FaiyaBLAST
It was a long and difficult journey, but at last I have returned with Ho-Oh.
09/19/2018 11:42 pm
Eli the Zeratoed
Awesome! I'll go check it out and judge it as soon as I can! :D
09/18/2018 7:46 am
Level 42 : Master uwu
Woodstockk
i call dibs on furret
09/19/2018 2:24 am
Eli the Zeratoed
Sure thing! Entered! :D