🌍 The PMC Weekly July 4th, 2020chrome_reader_mode

PMC's Avatar PMC β€’ 7/4/20 10:36 am history
29 emeralds 1.7k 9
7/7/2020 1:20 pm
MiningSteve's Avatar MiningSteve

How is it already July? How is this the 50th Weekly (in forum format)?! Time flies, that's for sure! In this week's weekly, we cover official Nether contests that have taken over PMC, new community contests and events, several really cool renders (you guys seem to be getting very good at them!!), a YouTube featuring THE BEST hoglin skins on PMC, a comic from one of our members that went trending on Reddit, and more! Have a great weekend!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

Are you enjoying the new Nether?! We certainly are!! We're teaming up with Buildcon to bring you this months Build contest.... NETHER!

First place prize receives a secret HAND MADE object from Cyprezz PLUS $50 in steam credit. I'm sworn to secrecy, so I can't reveal what the object is, but I can tell you it's pretty awesome.

Visit the official Nether Build Contest page for all of the details!

Deadline: July 22
Did we mention we are excited about the new Nether? Looks like the community is, too!

This month's skin contest theme was chosen from the community votes in this poll, and the theme is Nether Nightmares! You must use only the Nether mobs in this contest and they must be made of everything that makes you shudder inside.

Deadline
: July 27
icon

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
yoshiciao is hosting a Nintendo Minecraft Skin Contest along with giuandrea1! Your goal in this skin contest is to create a skin based off of - you guessed it - one of Nintendo's games! Only 1 entry per person! Winners receive trophies!

Deadline: July 20
The beautiful banner to the right gives us some Stardew Valley Vibes! In their third Palette Contest, Liounax is challenging you with the below palette! You must create a skin using the colors below.

Click the palette to import into PMCSkin3D!

Deadline: End of July
In addition to the above palette contest, Liounax is hosting a reshade contest! You must reshade the skin to the right. You must keep the hair decorations, but minor changes to the rest of the skin are ok!

Prizes include trophies! Woo!

Deadline: End of July
Reshade Contest - β˜€οΈDay Cycle πŸŒ™ Minecraft Skin
Happy Little Trees is a Skin Event (meaning no competition) being hosted by PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft! Your goal is to create a skin based off of any tree; birch, spruce, cedar, etc. Be sure to tag your entry with "HappyLilTree"!

AmyOak is hosting their first ever contest, Butterfly Contest! On the contest page, there is a link to download a map that has 5 blank butterflies, 4 are the same with different colours and the 5th has a small island hanging from it! Your goal is to decorate or add to the preset butterflies or you can make your own so long as it is at the same scale. You are also allowed to submit multiple builds!

The finished butterflies from this project will be added to the PMC members project!

Deadline: August 10

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON:
🏠 (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Themed ContestThemed Map Building ContestKitten101July 19
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed ContestWitchy Wondersanonpmc2808717TODAY
Palette ContestPotion Palette Contest πŸ§ͺFishkissJuly 10
Palette Contest50 Subscriber Palette ContestPerfectionsJuly 12
Themed Contest  
Night
csea
July 15
Fusion ContestFree fusion skin contestFabryFFJuly 17
Themed Contest  
Wear your Heart on your Sleeve πŸ’—
eggpuff
July 19
🐷 (Mobskins) Type

Palette ContestSkin and mobs elemental-Wolfix-TODAY
Themed ContestThe future is now!Ang333July 10
πŸ‘½ (Other) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Persona ContestBirthday strxberricakeanonpmc2382110July 7

Be sure to head over to the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current events!

⭐OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

RAD RENDERS
In a series of wall posts this week NaldoSahagin showed us their latest BlockBench work! He states that "One of my most proudest blockbench creations yet, a anglerfish!". They also made some really fun renders of their Larry the Robot Skin, which you can see below. The robot seems very playful and has so much character!! We're looking forward to seeing more of your work!
SCP
One of my most proudest blockbench creations yet, a anglerfish!

Michiru posted this gorgeous render of their skin, Searching for Meaning, I keep running. The skin is of Michiru Kagemori from the anime BNA, this time using the colors of the ending song which Michiru really loved, stating that "it's melancholic and beautiful at the same time." They also really liked the blue-pinkish palette and we can see why. This is an experimental light source skin and we think it came out awesome!

RAVE REVIEW
Check it out! ChronoFury reviewed the best and most popular Hoglin Skins from PMC in a YouTube Video! Trigonia starts the video off by seeing the Hoglin skins for the first time; so you get a true and real reaction from him as he reviews the skins! The review is very entertaining.

Did you know there are only 60 Hoglin Mob Skins on PMC?! There's a shrek hoglin skin, a fire sheep hoglin skin, and hoglin skins so cursed you might just cringe. Go on, check them out! Let us know which one is your favorite!

TRENDING ON REDDIT
Last week, we featured Timothis_1213's comic blog, The Portal to the End. This week they created a comic of An enderman who made some new friends on his trip to the Nether decides to introduce them to his leader. They're less than thrilled.

Timothis also published this on reddit, where it received a lot of praise and good feedback! The reddit thread currently has just about 25,000 upvotes!!

We also recently discovered their "Bored Drawings" section on their profile. It consists of Minecraft doodles ranging from sketches of Ender Dragon moods to Alex drawings. We encourage you to check them out, as they're all very good!

AMAZING ARCHITECTURE
This beautiful build by RevenJoakimMc is just one of over 50 in their portfolio! This build is a Minecraft replica of Equinor (formerly known as Statoil), an oil company found in Norway. It is one of the leading petroleum producing companies in the world and therefor they needed an office to suit them. You can see just how detailed and close to the the real life counterpart is in the images below. Be sure to check out the rest of their work for more architectural amazingness!

Equinor in real life

Equinor in Minecraft
PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake