🌍 The PMC Weekly November 2nd, 2019

PMC's Avatar PMC11/2/19 1:23 pm history
27 emeralds 943 27
11/8/2019 2:27 pm
LAKottke's Avatar LAKottke

Happy November! We hope you all had an amazing Halloween! Along with October coming to an end, so have some events such as inktober and skintober. But fear not! November is FULL of new ones! In this week's weekly, we highlight some of these new November events, results of some contests, a super cute mod, and more!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS
The Fall Festival Community Event has come to an end! We want to thank everyone who participated - we CRUSHED last years event submission record by almost 100! This event also marks our first year of hosting official events. We think they're a fun way to gather the community and celebrate the change of seasons. Needless to say, we're looking forward to future ones! While we write the event conclusion highlighting some of the entries, we'd like to turn everyone's attention to the:

UNDISCOVERED CIVILIZATIONS Project Contest!
A PMC collaboration with Barbarian!

videogame_asset SELECT YOUR STARTER MAP!

[ഗോത്രവർഗക്കാർ - Gēātravargakkār] Starter Map #1
[небесный - Nebesnyy]
Starter Map #2
VIEW & DOWNLOAD

[有機物 - Yūkibutsu]
Starter Map #3
VIEW & DOWNLOAD

There are 25 days left to enter this contest! Barbarian has generated THREE, out-of-this-world terrains for you to choose from [​pictured above]. You are required to download and build on one of these maps in order to enter this contest. Feel free to download all three before making your decision as they are all worth exploring.

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!

hypnotise's is celebrating 100 subscribers with a skin reshade contest! 1st and 2nd place are awarded with a free skin request and in addition to that, 1st place gets a pixel art request, too! Super cool prizes! The skin you must reshade is pictured to the right!

Deadline: November 25th

100 sub reshade contest :) Minecraft Skin
hypnotise isn't the only one celebrating a milestone! PickleCat, who joined PMC this year, just surpassed the 40 subscriber mark and is very close to reaching level 20! They're hosting a Palette contest with the palette pictured to the right. Winner gets a full custom skin, skin displayed on profile for a week and a trophy with your name on it!

Deadline: November 30th

Hex Codes:
#484A47 #C7E8F3 #D0CFEC #DFF8EB #EDAFB8 #F5F8F3
Builders, rejoice! CaraRose is hosting another contest! This time, the theme is November Farm. You guessed it - your task is to build a farm! The only other stipulation is that you have to use the platform/starter map she's provided and you can't build outside of the platform.

Deadline: November 30th

COMMUNITY CONTEST AND EVENT RESULTS
Results from mythicaljay's Jungle Gems Skin Contest:

1st Place: The FaiyaBLAST with Relic

[Jungle Gems] Relic (First place!) Minecraft Skin
2nd Place: Lemilas with Jungle ExplorerJungle Explorer Minecraft Skin
Jungle Survivor Minecraft Skin

Results from Lemilas's Roman Empire Skin Contest:

1st Place: elfie_ with the skin Vengeance.
2nd Place: mythicaljay with the skin Roman Gladiator.Roman Gladiator Minecraft Skin
3rd Place: Priime39 with the skin Roman Empire - Priime Designs.Roman Empire - Priime Designs Minecraft Skin

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS ENDING SOON:
(Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Themed contest
NYC Remastered [​Build Contest // City Themed]Priime39
November 5
Themed Contest   
Autumn Atmosphere
CaraRose
November 10
(Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHost Deadline
Paette Contest  
Colour Grid Palette Challenge
DragonsDungeon & Bureine
November 10
Themed Contest
Elven
elfie_
November 17

⭐OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

🐱 MEOWING MOD

I think we can all agree that kittens are one of the cutest animals to exist! Thanks to Oran9eUtan, you can now wear one on your head! Their hat mod adds 61 hats and head accessories "for the fashionable player" and includes a variety of glasses, tophats and more.

Spread out over the world, different chests and Mobs will have different Hats. To find out where to get which hat, visit the submission page!

👻 TERRIFYING TRANSFORMATION

Trixy Blox transformed a giant spruce tigah biome into a spooky scene with a Dracula themed castle! He starts with clearing an area for terraforming and completely modifies the land to his liking. Then he begins the building process by using different color blocks for walls of the castle to help him break down the complexity of the build (a pro tip!). Using various reference images, you can see him piece together one epic, gothic, spooky castle.

✔️ SUBSCRIBER SPECIAL

How about a free download to a massive castle? Star Craft Network is celebrating 100 Subscribers by giving you just that! To show their appreciation, they've released a download to on of their masterpieces and we couldn't be more excited. Thank you and congratulations on your milestone!!

☀️ BEAMING BLOG

October was filled with events such as skintober and inktober. Wildflowers participated in inktober this year and shared their beautiful digital drawings with us! We love the style and how much character each one has. Here are two of our favorites from their submission!

📊 POLL RESULTS
Last week we asked members if they had a fear or phobia. There are a few brave members, 28% to be exact, who responded that they have no fears of phobias while 72% said Yes. Check out the comment section to see who which members have a fear of slimy creatures, heights, and spiders!

This week's poll question is......

Poll ended 11/08/2019 1:23 pm.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake