🌍 The PMC Weekly August 29th, 2020chrome_reader_mode

PMC's Avatar PMC8/29/20 12:48 pm history
38 emeralds 1.4k 19
9/4/2020 9:26 am
upinY6's Avatar upinY6

In this week's weekly, we have a few new contests and some results that were announced! We also feature an skin remake, a new cartoony texture pack, a Minecraft recreation of an infamous offline game, and a comic based off of PMC members! Have a great weekend!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

FINAL JUDGING PHASE!
The Spellbound Garden Player Skin Contest is in the final judging phase ! We had a record breaking 410 entries! Head on over and check out the finalists!

how_to_vote VOTE FOR THE MOB SKIN CONTEST/EVENT THEME!
Winning theme will run for the month of SEPTEMBER 2020!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
The weather is getting cooler, wich means fall is coming! ephemeraal is ahead of the game and is hosting a Fall Palette Contest! The rules are simple: create a skin that uses the colors you see to the right. 1 entry per person.

Deadline: September 21

click to import into PMCSkin3D!

In this unique asthetic skin contest hosted by Liounax, your goal is to create a skin using the image you see to the right! The rules are actually pretty flexible in this contest. For example: You can make a skin that lives there; you can use the lighting in the photo as inspiration for your skin; you can use the colors as a palette for your skin - the goal is to be creative!

Deadline: End of September
Other New Contests:
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed Contest
Nether Skin ContestZappyGru
September 7
Themed Contest
💎 DiamondsSaneGamer
September 20

RESULTS!
The winners for Kemiu's Undead World Rising Mob Skin Contest have been announced! Top three can be seen below; congratulations to the winners, these are some horrifying mob skins!

Results for Juliancito135's Minecraft Photography Contest are in! We are impressed with the entries in this contest! Every participant seems to have quite the "eye" for beautiful in-game screen shots.

1st PlaceRainbowTailz

2nd PlaceTheLimeHit

3rd Place trashbanditt

4th Place Andronitis

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON:
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed HD Contest
HD Skin Remake
Lemilas
August 30
Themed Event
Pointy Ear Club
LogMaiden
August 31
Themed Event  
Goldenhorn Shroomtown
anonpmc1572080
August 31
Palette Contest
Liounax Rose Palette Contest
Liounax
End of August
Reshade ContestStrawberryMelon Re-Shade 🍓kappuccinoSeptember 5
Themed ContestGlass 🥛The_TerminutterSeptember 5
Themed Event
Cats 🐈
The PMC Sheep
September 6
👽 (Other) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Allround EventPeridot Month 2020 ExtravaganzaEli the ZeratoedAugust 31
Be sure to head over to the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current events!

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

RESOLUTION REMAKE
Since the launch of HD Skin support, there have been 1,605 HD Skins! Some members have chosen to re-create their default resolution skins into HD Skins, and we've been enjoying seeing the comparison between the two!

This week, Michiru made an HD version of their skin, Michiru Kagemori. They even made adorable renders of the skin, which you can see below. We're fans of both resolutions! You can see the comparison of the regular version vs. the HD version to the right.

While we're on the topic of HD Skins, ItsReapz has been creating HD Marvel skins and published a line up of all of the ones they've created so far! You can check out their Marvel skin collection here, and more of their spectacular work here!

TRENDING ON REDDIT
The pack called "Bloom" is rose_bushes_'s first submission on PMC! The 16x cartoon style pack uses 64 color palette by ENDESGA.

The pack went trending on reddit, receiving over 21,000 upvotes and over 350 comments!

We love this pack and how vibrant it is!

YOU ARE OFFLINE is a Minecraft recreation of Google Chrome's infamous Dinosaur game. Created by Terrain, the map features custom dinosaurs, heads and banners and also a custom texture pack that includes custom sounds, fonts and banners! The map is also randomly generated and infinite and provides you with a high score counter to you can keep track of your best runs!

The map wend trending on reddit and currently has over 9,000 upvotes!
Post image
The popular comic, PMCTale by chickenpants93 is an Undertale based comic, using members from PMC as the characters! Some of the characters include Whiteout-, BlueoDoesStuff and chickenpants93 themselves.

The original comic is hand drawn, but spookyshxdow took it a step further and made the comic come to life by making an animated version of it!

What would you like to see added/more of in this Newsletter?

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake