🌍 The PMC Weekly September 12th, 2020chrome_reader_mode

PMC's Avatar PMC β€’ 9/12/20 3:12 pm history
48 emeralds 1.6k 22
1/22/2021 7:43 am
WackyEarth's Avatar WackyEarth

Happy Saturday, PMCer's! In this edition of the weekly, we cover a few new community contests/events, a PMC Group photo that's been a work-in-progress for quite some time, an underwater vessel based off of a video game, a few skins, some terrain, an interview and MORE! Have a fabulous weekend!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES!

Last week we launched Mythical Creatures Mob Skin Contest! There are 150 entries already! For this contest,
Please use only mythical creatures that real human cultures believed in at some point in history. Use the title and
description to let everyone know what mythical creature your skin is based on. There are many to choose from!

icon
Deadline:
September 22nd

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
In this Mob Skin Contest "Future Robots" hosted by Nitgo, your goal is to create a robot from the future! The contest page states:

"Imagine a future where all humans went extinct, & all they left are robots so the robots realized the problem & started living in the human world. Imaging THOSE robots!"

Default resolution Mob Skins only, and 1 entry per person!... Psttt, check out the super cool pixel trophies you get if you win/participate!

Deadline: September 30

SIGN-UPS are now open of this Minecraft Story/Building competition hosted by DDaCoder! You may sign up as a team or individual. In this contest, you must have a build and a story that relates to the theme: Into the Nether! Head on over to the forum post for sign-up details!

Contest Deadline: October 1
CactiFernis hosting their first ever contest, Forest Creatures! You must use only player skins (mob skins not allowed) and follow the theme! Be sure to tag your contest with CactiFernForestContest.

Deadline
: October 10

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON:
🏠 (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Build Contest
Interior Decorations
Juliancito135
September 20
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed Contest
[​FOR FUN; NO PRIZES] // Colorful Skin Contestqlexi
September 13
Themed Contest
πŸ’Ž Diamonds
SaneGamer
September 20
Palette Contest
Desert Creatures
LogMaiden
September 21
Be sure to head over to the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current events!

⭐
OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

PICTURE PERFECT
TWO months ago, Stubbs1 set out to create a PMC Group Picture! There are currently 50 members. If you missed this round, there will be a second and possibly third picture you can sign up for! Tomconn states in the thread that "We expect to begin progress on the second group picture around November-December." You can view the full size here

SUPER SUBMARINE
Roman_95 has been hard at work building vessels for their Red Alert 3 Minecraft mission. In the past month, they've submitted 3 builds, checking more off their list of builds they'd like to complete. Their most recent build, Akula Submarine, features heavy armor and torpedoes.

The Submission states:
The Akula (meaning "shark" in Russian) is armed exclusively with torpedoes and specializes in anti-ship operations.

"The Akula has two pairs of torpedo tubes protruding out the front, from which normal torpedoes and ultra-torpedoes are fired, respectively. Normal torpedoes are fired one at a time in short sequence while both ultra-torpedoes are fired at the same time."

You can check out Roman's entire Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 Soviet Union side collection [url=/forums/pmc/news/the-pmc-weekly-september-12th-2020-616810/edit/Command%20and Conquer Red Alert 3 Soviet Union side]here[/url] which includes 19 various vehicles including massive vessels and aircraft!

FEATURED YOUTUBER
This week we discovered a really creative and unique viedo by dannymcinreal. He builds minecraft buildings in real life using handmade stickers, acrylic cubes and magnets; The stickers are manually cut out using AI software! You can tell that a lot of time and effort goes into each and every one of these tiny structures.

What we love most about this video is the in-game music as well as sound effects while they build the real life structure! We've never seen anything quite like this.

If you like this video, you can find several more on their YouTube channel here.

SPECTACULAR SKETCHES
iqoz submitted some of their art in the blog section this week, and we are absolutely BLOWN AWAY by these masterpieces! The first to photos are pencil drawings and the following two are digital doodles. From what we gather by reading their submission, they had surgery and kept themselves busy by creating these.
TRENDING ON REDDIT
Golems with Hats, an add-on that adds cosmetic villager hats to iron golems mde by Siscu went trending on reddit this week! There are 9 variants of villagers that can have a different style of hat or eye patch! We love the one with the pirate eye patch and the red bandana.

The reddit thread currently has over 45,000 upvotes!
r/Minecraft - What if Iron golems had villager hats
TERRIFIC TERRAIN
In need of some fresh terrain to explore and build on? ackers5861 submitted a custom 1000x1000 map called Santa Luisa Island that features a mountain range with high peaks, beaches, several small islands, waterfalls, a lake and lush forests. Download the map here!

Ackers states that this is their first time using World Painter - we're looking forward to seeing more maps from them and observing their progress!

If you're looking for a more forest-y terrain with, check out McMeddon's Rocky Forest or Geet_Builds Rivers in a Mountain Range. Both of these also include a download and several blocks of beautiful land!

FEATURED SKINS
This week there were a total of 3,610 skin submission! We're beginning to see some fall themed skins, along with an increase of HD re-makes! Here are a few of our favorite player skin submissions from this week:

Raub0 Minecraft Skin
Raub0 by 0thdram

πŸ‚π“π“Ύπ“½π“Ύπ“Άπ“· π“΅π“²π“°π“±π“½πŸ‚ Minecraft Skin
Autumn Light by Wisteri

Lunar Essence Minecraft Skin
Lunar Essence by Phosphor

Render of Raub0 by 0thdram

INTERVIEW TIME!

Interview with...
CaraRose! Cara has such a gentle charisma that exudes through all of her submissions, even her profile! You can tell she clearly spends a lot of time crafting each and every blog, build, skin and with every contest/event she hosts. She's been a member since May and since then, she's participated in 33 official events/contests through the years! Cara has hosted many of her own

After receiving her interview answers, we're convinced you'll see what we see in her - a kind, passionate soul.

How did your Minecraft experience begin?

This is actually a fun story. I lost a bet to my friend, so he forced me to play Minecraft with him. I didn’t want it at all haha, for no reason I though the game is a bore. It was 1.7.5 version, we went on a server, I saw cute sheep and fell in love xD It was an incredible journey of learning the game. I spent months there and well never really got bored. I still have some screenshots of my first ever builds in 2014 :D

Do you still play Minecraft?
Except builds for timelapses, I’m still playing it pretty much every evening :) Surviving with my friend or playing alone just to chill, aaand sometimes Hypixel arcade mini-games. I enjoy Sildurs, SEUS and BSL shaders but use them only for videos. Also playing with my own texture pack, never released it to public tho.

What is your favorite submission you've made on PMC?
I don’t think I have something constant. I enjoy everything I build, so at this moment my favorite submission is my latest one — Bees Fairytale because I’m still feeling these vibes around even after finishing the whole project. Then I’ll probably love my next build and so on :D

What do you enjoy most about Planet Minecraft?
I enjoy the community here really a lot! There is no such thing in my country for example, Minecraft communities are not so serous or just
simply don’t exist. I’m glad I can have warm atmosphere here which can also help me to learn and practice English. I’m happy to see Minecraft as a serious and deep art on the PlanetMinecraft. The site gives me inspiration and sometimes reasons to create builds. ‘Cause I usually have lots of ideas but no motivation to build from start to finish. Contests/events for example give me themes to think about, challenges and deadlines. This fire inside makes me create something beautiful in the end from a little picture in my mind.

You host a lot of contests and events on PMC! Is there one that you've enjoyed most? Do you have any tips for any members who are looking to host their own?
Oh, I enjoyed the Valley of Talented a lot! The fact that we built practically our cozy little town together makes me happy. I love everything in making these events: banners, trophies and whole page design. Although it is always hard to make people interested and want to participate. So host needs to spend really a lot of time to make a great presentation of the event — my must-haves: attractable design of banner and colorful text (maybe some blocks and borders to visualize important information), short and easy description to help people understand purposes of the event, nice trophies/rewards to motivate everyone a little bit :) I still have a lot of ideas and gonna create more contests in future!

Do you have any goals on the site (subscriber goal, perhaps win a contest, etc).
Sure I wanna achieve more levels and subscribers pretty much like most people here ‘cause it’s just nice. Win an official contest would be
pretty huge for me too. All of these small goals just showing me the reason why I share my works here — community is the reason. It always makes me happy to see any activity on my page because it means there are some people who care about me and my projects I’m sharing, and this is the best thing!

Is there a specific member that inspires you or you look up to?
My total inspiration is GeminiTay. Unfortunately, she’s not a very active PMC member, but this girl brought me here and motivated me to learn build styles, plugins, replay mod to make timelapses, etc. She’s actually the reason I found this site and registered. I knew nothing back then. I remember I saw her builds on YouTube and thought “OMG what an art! I want to learn this so badly!”and I took it so seriously. I’m still using my notes I created from her tutorials :D

Do you have any other hobbies alongside Minecraft?
Yes, I’m enjoying music, art and photography. I’m a songwriter and singer, also playing the piano and guitar a little. Hoping to finally release
something this autumn and absolutely gonna share it here too. My paintings are weird but I don’t mind sharing :)

Do you have any pets?
I live in the apartment and I can’t have any pets here unfortunately. However, I adore my grandma’s cats and visit them a lot! Purry, Mary and Peach (yep he's black peach :D)

What Genre of music do you enjoy listening to?
I’m so into rock music. Also, enjoy jazz, dream-pop, synth-wave, indietronica. Bands I adore: Flyleaf, Marmozets, Still Corners, Honeyblood and my friend’s band Cats Never Die you may hear in all of my videos :)

How about movies?! Or would you rather read a book?
I’m actually a huge fan of 2 shows: Friends and Gossip Girl. I don’t watch movies. Usually I enjoy music or watch my favorite shows again and again :D I have a favorite book: The Reason by Lacey Sturm.

Youhave such an nice profile! We love the extra addition of a Subscriber Calendar and your Level milestone record. Did it take you long to get it organized?
Aw, thank you! Yes, it did take a lot of time and effort, but totally worth it! I enjoy filling it every time I see new subscriber or level up. For me the profile design is like an open door to a member’s soul.

If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?

I would like to visit Canada. I saw some incredible pictures of nature and I’d love to see mountains, forests and ocean one day

Favorite quote or words of wisdom for the community? OR Do you have any advice for new members of PMC?
It is always amazing to be loved because of who you are so it’s important to be yourself and share your talents and love inside to everyone.

Anything you'd like to add?

Believe in dreams you love so much. Let the passion of your heart make them real.
PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake