🌍 The PMC Weekly September 26th, 2020chrome_reader_mode

36 emeralds β€’ 11 replies676 views
PMC started 09/26/2020 11:42 am history
FishyBusiness replied 09/30/2020 7:55 am

Happy weekend! In this edition, we've got a lot of new fall/halloween festivities from members of the community. Results of a palette contest, a massive cyberpunk city, a build that was featured on Minecraft.net, an HD knight skin, a rock single from one of our members, and an interview! Don't forget to diamond your favorite entries in the Mythical Creatures Mob Skin Contest. YOUR DIAMOND COUNTS! ο»ΏHave a great weekend!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

ο»ΏVOTE FOR THE PLAYER SKIN CONTEST THEME!
Winning theme will run for the month of OCTOBER 2020!

REVIEW PHASE
The Mythical Creatures Mob Skin Contest is now in the review phase! There is 1 DAY left in this phase! Please read:

This phase is important - you can help your favorites make it to the finalists! Head on over and check out the entries, DIAMOND your favorite. Easy peasy! Now, go on. Go give those diamonds!
icon

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!

The community sure is in the Halloween spirit and it's not even October yet! We're kicking this list off with FireBellSkins Hallow's Eve-ent Skinning Event! There will be 4 rounds and 1 bonus round in this event! Each round will have a different theme. You're allowed to upload up to 5 skins in each round - for each skin entry you receive 1 token, which can be redeemed at the end of the event! Cool!

Visit the Event Forum Thread for all of the details!

Event officially starts October 1!
https://i.imgur.com/ivuNzD2.png
PickleCat is celebrating their 300 subscriber Milestone and hosting a pallet skin contest! The palette features soft colors, seen below. Tag your entries with "KittensPalletContest"; no HD skins allowed. Player skins only!

Deadline
: October 10
Also celebrating a subscriber milestone is ZavDav, who is hosting a reshade contest titled "On The Farm"! Add the tag "farmrecolor" or link your entry in the comments! The rules state:

"Give the skin some colors , shade it and (optional but will give you points) add some details. And, keep the skin recognizable!"

Deadline: October 25
- On the Farm - 60 Subs Recolor Contest Minecraft Skin
How gorgeous are the colors in the palette below?! If this palette doesn't provide you with some Halloween inspiration, we're not sure what will! LogMaiden is hosting a contest with this palette called Pumpkin Patch Spooks. No HD skins are allowed and Player skins only! We're looking forward to seeing these entries!

Deadline: October 28

SKINTOBER SENSATION

What is Skintober?
Skintoberis an event in October that Fawne came up with in 2017 to help improve their skin making. Participants are tasked with creating a Halloween themed skin each day corresponding to a calendar, similar to Inktober! Since then, members from around the site have created their own Skintober prompt lists, and remains a tradition in the skinning community.

We've already spotted four prompt lists just this week! Each list you see may contain some of the similar, standard halloween-y themes such as Pumpkins, witches and ghosts, but you'll also find unique themes!

Participate in one, or if you're feeling really ambitious, all four! Happy almost Spooptober!

πŸŽƒ

Spongegar15's Skintober List

Lxna's Skintober List

Buhh's Skintober List

Paulia

Other New Contests:
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed ContestWinter/Autumn Skin ContestRainbowGirl8910October 31

RESULTS

Results for LogMaiden's Desert Creatures Skin Palette Contest! There were a total of 27 submissions in their contest, all of which you can see in this collection!
2nd Place

Honorable Mentions:

⭐OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

CYBERPUNK CITY
FalconInfinityStudios submitted their first project on PMC, The Resistance. With a size of 2k x 2x and a total of 945,550,345 blocks, this detailed futuristinc sci-fi city was created by a team of over 20 talented builders! The submission includes a really interesting lore about social classes, chaos, and the ultimate reason why the population goes extinct.

FEATURED ON MINECRAFT.NET
Uknownymous was featured on Minecraft.net for their build, Dirt House! We think it kind of looks like a gingerbread house from afar, who agrees? The build was a contest entry to the Minecraft Discord's Fortnightly Building Challenge, and is made up dirt, grass, coarse dirt, cobblestone, andesite and stone and a little bit of red glass. Be sure to check out the submission to see what this dirt mansion looks like at night (hint: it's gorgeous!)

The article goes into depth on Uknownymous' creative process and how they turned the most unpopular blocks into art, and how they use them in unconventional ways as well. A great read and very well done article! Congratulations on your feature!

FEATURED SKIN
In addition to working on his latest texture pack and hosting his own contest, Nitgo somehow finds the time to create quality HD Skins.

This week, he published A Hero's Journey which features a knight in shiney armor with a blue cape. Someone states it gives them "skyrim vibes". We particularly love the details in the helmet and chest armor.

A Hero's Journey! || [HD] Minecraft Skin

SWEET SINGLE
CaraRose released her first single this weekend. The band, Neveroctober, is made up of herself and another person, whom lives far away. The band's "About" states:

"The first release of the neveroctober also spontaneously appeared, despite the great distance between the musicians. The Unhuman track has collected thoughts about traitors who are incapable of love, showing them in their true light of inhumanity."

We're fans of this rock single, and can't wait to hear more!

lΔ±Δ±llΔ±Δ±llΔ±Δ±llΔ± neveroctober - Unhuman lΔ±Δ±llΔ±Δ±llΔ±Δ±llΔ±

β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β €β € ───────────βšͺ️────────────────────────────
β €β €β € 1:36 / 2:14β € ⠀⠀⠀◄◄⠀▐▐ β €β–Ίβ–Ίβ €β € β € β € ──○─ πŸ”Šβ € α΄΄α΄° βš™οΈ

This week's interview is with...
Posted by avatar
PMC
Support
Level 77 : Legendary Cake

11 replies

09/29/2020 12:30 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Sweetheart
Paulia
Ah, tysm for mentioning my prompt list for Skintober! ♥
09/30/2020 5:44 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Princess
CaraRose
thank you so much for mentioning my song! β™‘
09/29/2020 11:57 am
Level 41 : Master Robot
MoltenONI
hey planetminecraftman i come here to ask a favor of you
next edition of the pmc weekly put an enlarged version of my pfp, no context, no mention, just the picture

it will be funny~~
09/29/2020 11:40 am
Level 33 : Artisan Procrastinator
hydrqngeq
I noticed that fourth Skintober list didn't have an @. It's by Paulia.

Also good article!! I especially loved the interview.
09/26/2020 11:56 am
Level 34 : Artisan Mage
FireBellSkins
Oh my gosh, thanks so much for mentioning our Event! It means a lot! <3
09/26/2020 12:41 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
sparklecare
woaaaah

also just noticed it says "Legendary Cake" as your class thing i love that
09/26/2020 12:09 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Ladybug
FishyBusiness
I found ONE maybe two typos, located in the SKINTOBER SENSTATION section (XD)
09/26/2020 12:14 pmhistory
Level 77 : Legendary Cake
PMC
We're testing you. There's more ;)
09/26/2020 12:36 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Ladybug
FishyBusiness
You used ambitions instead of ambitious in the SKINTOBER SENSTATION section
you spelled futuristic wrong in the CYBERPUNK CITY section
I'm not going to check the interview again
that's it right?
09/29/2020 10:41 pm