🌍 The PMC Weekly October 2nd, 2021chrome_reader_mode

PMC's Avatar PMC10/2/21 2:22 pm history
60 emeralds 1.5k 25
10/6/2021 11:51 am
Papa Enny's Avatar Papa Enny

Alright all you goblins, it's officially OCTOBER! *throws confetti* *toots a party horn*. If you're new here, you might not know (or maybe you've gotten the hint) that October is kind of a big deal around here. It's the month where we see a variety of fall and Halloween themed submissions and community contests from inktober, skintober, drawtober and our official fall event (stay tuned)! This all being said, you don't have to participate in anything at all, you can just enjoy seeing what the community comes up with during this spoopy season!

In this weekly we feature some blogs; one that has a short but fun Minecraft animation and the other that contains words of wisdom from one of our veteran members. We've also got some pumpkin skins, some horror adventure maps (including a Bedrock one!), a data pack and more! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Click for The PMC Weekly October 2nd, 2021 Collection!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

SNEAK PEEK 👀
....it's coming, we promise!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

ZappyGru is hosting a Spooktober Festival & Games - an event where you can show off all the autumn themed submissions you've made! In addition, there are 2 contests; Pumpkin Player Mob/Skin Contest and the Spooky Scary Skin contest. All of the details can be read here!
BigBuilds is hosting a month-long event that includes THREE contests; Spooky Skins, Creepy Builds and Scary Stories! In addition to the contests, event partner and skin creator parralaxs is creating some special skins for you. Check out their Spoopy collection that contains 16 skins!

Deadline: October 31
Event Banner by moltenoni
banner by MOLTENONI
Fall Reshade Contest Minecraft Skin
Alderleaf is hosting a skin reshade contest in celebration of the fall season! Your task is to reshade the skin you see above

Deadline: October 18

MisterGriimm is hosting a Minecraft Block themed event, Blocktober! Blocktober is an online event that is designed to challenge artists to create pieces that broaden their typical scope of work. It's a way to better yourself and try things that are outside the norm! It's very similar to Inktober, however, Blocktober is specifically for anything revolving around the block!

Pixel Art, Voxel Art, Blockbench 3D models, Minecraft builds are all fair game!!

SKINTOBER PROMPTS 🕷️
+ 🎃 Skintober 2021 🎃 +
Skintober 2021 by Buhh
*. ˢᵏⁱⁿᵗᵒᵇᵉʳ ᵖʳᵒᵐᵖᵗ ˡⁱˢᵗ 2021 *.
Skintober by interlude_vi

Skintober by Spongie

More SKINTOBER Prompt Lists:
List Link
Host/List creator
My Skintober Prompt List
Lumi_
Skintober 2021 - Prompts  
Mellie
My Skintober Prompt List
jameson gray

DRAWTOBER✏️
If you're an artist and wish to partake in some sort of version of skintober or blocktober, we have great news! etqtay and their friend created a steampunk themed prompt list for drawtober (also shown to the right)! So far, this is the only drawtober we've found, but if should give you a bit of inspiration if you have artists block, or just want something fun to do for the month of October!

STORYTOBER📚
Good news for all of you writers, too! pharaohbean is hosting a Storytober and the rules are much the same as drawtober and skintober. You have a prompt you write about each day! You can be as broad or as detailed as you want. See all of the details here!

⭐OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

ART GALLERY🎨

Earlier this week, Kirigiri shared a drawing they found in one of their sketchbooks. A beautiful bloomed flower with a falling petal, it happens to be one of their favorite works from themselves!

Meet lucky the hyena! This cute gray mammal was drawn by Yeliouw and is one of their first ever OCs. We think she's absolutely adorable and love the green bandana around its neck!

Using 3D paint, etqtay created this mesmerizing sunset eye.
icon
kw1bli's art of their new persona was shared in a wall post you can see here!

After finding a Drift skin, DoomDestroyer98 was inspired to create this render. They state in their wall post that "Minecraft, DOOM, and Fortnite have been my top 3 games in recent years".

This work of art took Cocoaaaaaaa 3 hours to create! They shared it in a blog post this week. We love this art style! You can check out more of their art blogs here!

MINECRAFT ANIMATION 🎥
Lycinadale shared their first post in 8 years and it's an animation of two characters , Essel and Darryn, who take an adventure underground to find places only rumored to exist. They travel through dark tunnels and stumble upon a creature they've never seen before - a creature that they suspect is very dangerous until Essel discovers its' weakness..

We'll admit, this is a suspenseful and very well done animation but we won't spoil anything. You'll have to watch the video in the submission to find out what happens!

WORDS OF WISDOM
Stubbs1
has been a member of PMC for 9 years and is sharing a few things he's learned during his time here in a blog post he titled "Box o' Thoughts".

Categories currently available:

  - Creating / Posting content
  - Interesting Life Observations
  - Questions from the Forums!

You'll definitely learn a thing or two if you read it!

FEATURED SKINS
PUMPKIN PEOPLE🎃
It's no surprise that we saw several seasonal skins this week - one of the top inspirations was the orange gourd commonly known as a pumpkin! If you ask us, we think Pumpkins are the mascot of October. Pumpkin flavored goodies, carving pumpkins for halloween, the COLOR of pumpkin. Here are some of the most perfect pumpkin skins of the patch from this week!
falling for u Minecraft SkinFalling for u by aquarine
Pumpkins - Minecraft SkinPumpkins by EleanorRose
Headless horseman Minecraft Skinheadless Horseman by Foob
pumpkin | skintober (1) Minecraft Skin
Pumpkin | Skintober (1) by Mellie
zedaph oc Minecraft Skin
zedaph by winston___
🎃 Pumpkin Lady 🎃 Minecraft Skin
Pumpkin Lady by __orchid

STAFF PICKS
We didn't want these skins to go unrecognized
Ice Angel Minecraft SkinHD Technoblade Minecraft Skin
It's clear that DragonsDungeon always likes challenging themselves - case in point is this skin, Ice Angel. ❄️ This skin uses different design elements that made for a difficult execution; the snowflake inspired wings and the antlers. Read all about how they executed this skin by reading the "Nerdy Details" in the submission!
After learning of Technoblade's situation, Campestral was inspired to show their support by creating an HD fanskin of him. It's incredibly detailed and one of the best Technoblade skins we've ever seen! Campestral included an awesome render in the submission so be sure to take a look!

FEATURED TEXTURE PACKS
We're not sure if you browse the texture pack section as much as we do, but it has been on fire lately! Take a peek here to see what we mean. From creative new tools to cute enderman and creeper plushies, the section is certainly worth a browse!

preview
One of our newest members Eveee_cx has made their grand entrance with a few popular pixel packs! Mushroom & Amethyst Tools replaces diamond, netherite and gold tools with two variants of mushroom themed tools and purple amethyst tools! Be sure to check out Evee's two elytra packs - Cloudy Elytra Wings and Frosted Elytra Wings!
Cepfeus's first submission rose in popularity this week and it's easy to see why! The pack completely overhauls the Warped forest with glowing mushrooms and a more neutral palette. The warped forest has a more "forest-y" feel to it while still feeling like it belongs in the Nether.

PMC IN THE PRESS
This grass looks so real, it's almost as if you can feel it just by looking at the image! NicoRTX's Realistic Grass pack is not only one of the most popular packs on the site right now, but it was also covered in an article by The Gamer!

Better yet, Nico posted their pack in the Minecraft Subreddit where it went viral, earning over 23,000 upvotes and acquiring 500 comments. Needless to say, this pack is a hit wherever its discovered and rightfully so! Shaders are highly recommended for optimal experience.

FEATURED DATA PACK
Hydro Fury is a datapack by The ExiIed FeIIow which adds a brand new ocean-based dungeon to Minecraft and an entirely new boss fight! The dungeon spawns in three specific ocean biomes, deep oceans, deep lukewarm oceans and deep warm oceans - the entrance can only be unlocked by obtaining a key through defeating a drowned blight. 🌊

Once you have the key in your posession, you can enter the ocean dungeon and explore 6 rooms, all of which contain multiple enemies but beware - they can camouflage with its surrounding environment.!

Thumbnail. Credit to Pleasenotme for shading the logos text.

FEATURED MAPS
ADVENTURE TIME!
'Tis the season of scary movies! Why not pretend to be in one in Minecraft by downloading a horror adventure map with some jumpscares? Here are a couple of spoopy adventure maps we think you might like:
Are you up for a challenge? Potassiumola created this Haunted Mansion scavenger hunt that'll be sure to keep you busy. Your goal is to grab as many of the 54 items as you can, all of which will be hidden in barrels around the map. First person to get to the barrel gets the enchanged irem in the middle which is worth DOUBLE! Play alone of with friends!
Bedrock players, check it out.... a horror story map that'll have you shaking in your chair. The Conjuring 3 by wiskyslow is their 6th scary adventure map and they are GOOD. In this specific map your goal is to find the crooked man and destroy him. If you're considering playing this map, be sure to watch the trailer!

COLOSSAL CREATIONS
This castle is saba_builder's 5th one, and is by far the biggest they've created. Though this castle doesn't have an interior, we think it's best this way - you can decorate to your hearts desire and to your personal taste!
Prefer a more jungle-type environment with perhaps a gigantic temple that towers over the trees? We got you. Actually, Geet_Builds does with their latest map Jungle Temple. Who wouldn't want to live here?!

OFFICIAL INTERVIEW

This week's official interview is with....

MOLTENONI! Moltenoni was recommended to be interviewed by their peers in this forum thread. After browsing their profile, submissions, and activity on Planet Minecraft, it was clear as to why they were suggested by so many. Not only are they a really talented skin artist, they have a vibrant personality and love to spread positivity wherever they go.

Here is some pixel art they created specifically for this interview:

How did you choose your username?

ILL BE HONEST HERE

I THOUGHT IT SOUNDED COOL Cx

AND IN MY DEFENSE IT DOES

but more seriously, likee, i was one day just like, pondering about like, what to go for for my next username Cx

since, well, oni is something i used a lot on them Cx

and well, MOLTEN IS JUST A COOL SOUNDING WORD HONESTLY

like, molten metal? Cx

and it surprisingly fits for a robot like moi lol

We see that you identify as a robot. Can you give us a rundown of what a robot’s typical diet looks like?

why yes i do Cx

but mmmmmmm, mostly chocolate milk, at least for my kinda model Cx

like, im not sure what other robots like cyprezz do eat or such

o and also spicy food, a loooooooot of spicy food Cx

spicy pasta is especially tassty C:

Do robots ever sleep?

i would be lying if i said i did lol

but honestly, i do sleep at normal hours from sunday to thursday C:

FRIDAY AND SATURDAY KILLLLLLLLLL ME SLEEP SCHEDULE THO

If you could be a human for a day, would you choose to be one? If yes, what would you do?

n o

but, if i couldddd, i would steal all the choccy milk i could, no one would suspect a robot that looks like a human for one day was the one that stole the choccy milk

Your profile says “my objective is becoming the very best me I can be”. What sort of things are you working on to do this?

mmmmm, i mean, mostly just trying to improve in art and well, as meself as a person Cx

like, trying to like, well, experiment with colors, shapes, those kinda stuffs Cx

and well, on the side of as a person, i like, try and be as nice as i can to everyone C:

You spread good vibes across all of PMC. Tell us your secret to being positive all of the time!

i was going to like, whatsitcalled, make one of those "thats the secret cap, im always- something something" jokes Cx

but honestly, i guess the secret is like, well, just, spending time with my friends and, well, thinking about the positive side of life C:

like ofc not completely ignoring the bad one, like, just, focusing on what i enjoy C:

Where did you learn to create skins and pixel art?

im, for the most part, self taught Cx

like, try and error and all that kinda stuff lol

altho, ofc, i do look up refs and i do click on like, thingies about art when i see them Cx

like, this sub pixel animation technique that i still wanna try out C:

What program do you use to create your skins?

CHAD MCSKIN3D, shoutouts to paril, I KNOW PMCSKIN3D IS MORE ADVANCED BUT I LIKE HAVING MY SKINS ON A LIST Cx

What is your favorite skin you’ve ever created? How about your favorite skin someone else has created?

mmmmm both are hard questions Cx

like, i dont really haaave a favorite skin? Cx

like, im proud of all the things i make lol, so, most of the time, it's probably my latest made skin since those are normally where i experiment the most and stuff Cx

as for like, a skin someone else madee,,,, mmmmm

lemme look through my favorites list real quick-

ok i looked at like 3 pages of my favorites and like, i found these C:
ok i looked at like 3 pages of my favorites and like, i found these C:
i feel sleepy - ce (base used) Minecraft Skin
this one by budg1e Cx

Meteor Shower Minecraft Skin
this one by BirbMum C:

Andall of the Desert Minecraft Skin
this one by Auri C:

Zelda | SS Minecraft Skin
this one by Aethera Cx

and last but not least important

knight.png Minecraft Skin
this one by Felidae Cx

ofc like, theyre not the only skins i like Cx
i just picked a few from my favorites on here C:

like, everyone here is like, REALLY REALLY TALENTED, LIKE, COMICALLY HIGH LEVELS OF TALENTED Cx
so chances are i like most skins Cx

Tell us about your server! How often do you play on it? What is so special about it?

honestly, i should play on it more often Cx

i havent been playing that much because i like, well, no fan and ITS 40°C OUTSIDE HERE- Cx

most of the days lol

but o well, time to talk about powershift Cx

like, it's a server i love alot, from everyone in there to like, what we make and ofc,

the whole concept behind it Cx

like, the most special thing, like, the 'gimmick' sorta, is like, the plugin and how i use it there

as innnn, it's used to give everyone, well, powers Cx

things they'd like and stuff C:

from going invisible to more common things like, bazookas and such, it's just a lot of fun to mess around with it honestly Cx

we havent gotten to do much rp honestly, at least not in my case lol, but i think we'll eventually get down to it Cx

Did you create the 3D models in poultrypack? If yes, what do you use to create 3D models and where did you learn?

YES MA'AM, POULTRYPACK IS MY BIGGEST MOST PASSIONATE PROJECT ATM Cx

and like, pretty much all the models are made by me Cx

like, i love what i did there lol

and well, it's awesome to just experiment andall those kinda stuffs Cx

but, answering the other questions Cx

i use blocbench C:

it's very convenient and with some time, it's easy to use Cx

just a bit time consuming lol

and well, i learnt with a lot of things, sometimes like, whatsthewordddd

sometimes tutorials and sometimes just like, studying what someone does and kinda like, well,

incorporating some techniques into mine Cx

or like sometimes i do stuff figuring it out on my own lol

some people i learnt what i do from are like, Timber Forge's, for mostly blockbench things and like nongkofor like, well, the general way i make my models Cx

like, first making the texture and then translating that into 3d and stuff lol

Who do you look up to in the community?
again, hard question Cx but honestly, my friend JadeFire170 for being one of the kindest persons on earth, if not for the fact thatshe probably doesnt have wings, i would totally confuse her for an angel Cx shes also incredibly talented ofc Cxalso Michiru, one of my biggest inspirations as like, a skin/pixelart maker C: i mean mostly some techniques i used before Cx theyre still amazing at what they do ofc C:

What is your favorite PMC Pet?

wibbit
Wibbit

Do you use dark or light mode?

moltenoni mode :)

Where do you keep the ketchup?

nnnnnnnnn alriiiiighttt, at 6923 42 -420

BUT ONLY ON SUNDAYS Cx

What about the mustard?

inchickenpants93's fridge lol

Pineapple on Pizza?

sure, does sound tasty Cx

Favorite type of music?

mmmmmm, not sure, i like most things lol

but probably things with rap and such Cx

maybe a bit of electric

o and ofc instrumentals alone are good too but i prefer lyrics when i want to listen to music C:

Give us some Moltenoni words of wisdom!

SUBSCRIBE TO MOLTENONI ON PLANETMINECRAFTDOTCOM

All satire and joking aside, tell us one fun fact about the person behind moltenoni!

i like choccy milk

Anything you’d like to add?

mmmmmm, not sureee,

just, well, thanks to the community and my friends and

well, everyone here Cx

it's honestly amazing to be part of this and i hope to be along for a big while Cx

and ofc, thanks for having me here C:

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake