๐ŸŒ The PMC Weekly July 19th, 2020chrome_reader_mode

PMC's Avatar PMC โ€ข 7/19/20 1:02 pm history
41 emeralds 1.7k 17
7/24/2020 3:50 pm
AndrewWillie's Avatar AndrewWillie

Happy Weekend, PMCer's! We're halfway through July already... where does the time go?! We're already approaching the deadline for the official Nether Build Contest (next Wednesday!). We've wrapped up last month's events and winners were announced this week! In this weekly, we feature the winners of those contests as well as winners of a community skin contest. We're also covering an anime skin, PMC pixel people, a comic and more!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

This months Build contest theme is.... NETHER!

First place prize receives a secret HAND MADE object from Cyprezz PLUS $50 in steam credit. I'm sworn to secrecy, so I can't reveal what the object is, but I can tell you it's pretty awesome.

Visit the official Nether Build Contest page for all of the details!

Deadline: July 22
Did we mention we are excited about the new Nether? Looks like the community is, too!

This month's skin contest theme was chosen from the community votes in this poll, and the theme is Nether Nightmares! You must use only the Nether mobs in this contest and they must be made of everything that makes you shudder inside.

Deadline
: July 27
icon

RESULTS

The PMC Lucky Block Data Pack Event has concluded and the final Lucky Block data pack has been compiled! We present to you, PMC Lucky Blocks complete with 221 surprises that'll be sure to keep you on your toes!

If a lucky block gets broken, a random option is picked from the 221 different options available. These options have been implemented by 13 members of the Planet Minecraft community. Have a look at the video above for a taste of what this data pack has to offer.

Some of the lucky blocks include special enchanted armor, swords, temples, mini-quests and lotteries and MORE!!

Winners have been announced for the Aztecs and Egyptians Player Skin Contest! In this contest, we saw so many amazing kings and queens, relics and treasures!
Third Place
George
by Inro

The Interior Decorators Contest winners have been announced! Congratulations to the winners and thank you to everyone who participated in this contest!

Be sure to check out the final leader board to see all of the gorgeous interiors! Who knows, maybe you'll find one you like and move in!

Interior detail photos of first place winner's submission can be seen below!

First Place Build Interior Details:

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

RESULTS!

Results for Fishkiss's Potion Palette Contest have been announced! Congratulations to the winners! You can check out the complete list of submissions here! There were a total of 28 submissions, all of them creatively using the palette provided. Great work everyone!
First Place
Mermaidia
bycanday
Second Place
Fortress
byVoluminized
Third Place
The Brewing Storm
by VinylReplica

NEW!
Now's your chance to be included in a Group Picture, thanks to Stubbs1! Leave a comment below this post with your IGN (In Game name), or a picture / link with the character you want to represent you in the picture itself.
Week 3 of Wildcard_Gamer's palette challenge is underway! This week's palette features greeds, reds and purples (shown below)!

Click here to import palette into PMCSkin3D!

In this contest hosted by Fishkiss, you will be given a word bank and you must pick 2-3 words to base your skin off of. In the description of your submission, you must explain how your skin matches the words you chose!

Deadline
: August 5
LogMaidenis hosting a Pointy Ear Club Event! In this event, all models are allowed! The creature must have pointy ears and be intelligent enough to join a club. Elves, goblins, fairies, trolls, orcs are all accepted! Tag your submission with "pointyearclub"! You can also enter up to 5 times!

Deadline:
August 31
THIS SUNDAY WbMystery is hosting a PMC Community Meet up on Hypixel! There are three different meet-up times to accommodate the different time zones. It'll be a fun filled time, with games, puzzles, and more!

First Event (CST): 10 AM - 12PM
Second Event (CST): 2 PM - 4 PM
Third Event (CST): 8 PM - Whenever

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON:
๐Ÿ  (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Themed ContestThemed Map Building ContestKitten101July 19
Themed Contest1.16 Tron Build EventJamesTDGEnd of July
Tournament
Build Event
Ang333
Ongoing
๐Ÿ˜ (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed Contest  
Wear your Heart on your Sleeve ๐Ÿ’—
eggpuff
July 19
Themed Contest
Nintendo Skin Contest
yoshiciao and giuandrea1
July 20
Palette ContestThe Grotto ๐ŸƒLogMaidenJuly 20
Themed ContestMelancholy ๐Ÿ’€-Valery & -DaniLJuly 22
Themed Contest
Candy and Bows  
dandelionss
July 23
Themed ContestPirateCP07July 26
๐ŸŽฎ (Server) TypeTitle + LinkHost / ServerDate / Deadline
Anniv. Ceremony
CloudCraft โ›…PaistinpannuJuly 18
Be sure to head over to the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current events!

โญ
OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

CYBORG CUTIE
Thanks to MOLTENONI, we now know what Cyprezz looks like as an anime girl! This week, Molten created this skin that turned our favorite cyborg into an uwu anime counterpart. We think they did a fabulous job, and think that Cyprezz is adorable as an anime girl. What do you think?
PIXEL PEOPLE
StaticNCogs is celebrating their 30 subscribers by attempting to create 200 PMC members into pixel art! So far, they've created 15 members. We're looking forward to seeing the end result! You can check out the forum post to check out their progress!
COMIC CREATOR
This week, Timothis_1213 drew a couple of more comics as well as a picture titled "Creatures of the End". Pages 27 and 28 were also added to their Graphic Novel The Portal to the End last week!

Be sure to check out his Bored Drawings for some more great Minecraft art!

TERRIFIC TREES
If you're looking for some tall, realistic looking trees this pack might be for you! emilianaaa submitted this Wuaking Aspen Tree Pack for anyone to use. It features various sizes of aspens, and would be a great addition to any map!

They also created an Autumn version of the trees which features oranges and reds. Perfect for an October landscape!

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake